• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm thinking more like 5/90m

90 or 95 pay the man

Well after the Raiders stupidly paid Trent Brown who's just average as a friggin RT 16.5 mil a year kind of puts us in a bind. We could say Ronnie has never made the ProBowl and stuff like that but really that's not gonna hold a lot of water. Thing is you really don't want him playing under the 5th yr option cuz his price is just only gonna get higher. You cant go lower than 17.5 mil a year and that's just the starting point so I think you right with the 5yr/90mil. Crazy!!!!!

I tell ya on a side note when it comes to negotiations for the new CBA them owners better not talk about spiraling salaries cuz they the ones with the shovels. Stupid contracts constantly being doled out to slightly above avg players.

Well after the Raiders stupidly paid Trent Brown who's just average as a friggin RT 16.5 mil a year kind of puts us in a bind. We could say Ronnie has never made the ProBowl and stuff like that but really that's not gonna hold a lot of water. Thing is you really don't want him playing under the 5th yr option cuz his price is just only gonna get higher. You cant go lower than 17.5 mil a year and that's just the starting point so I think you right with the 5yr/90mil. Crazy!!!!!

I tell ya on a side note when it comes to negotiations for the new CBA them owners better not talk about spiraling salaries cuz they the ones with the shovels. Stupid contracts constantly being doled out to slightly above avg players.

Trent Brown is a monster, hes a beast in pass and run pro. How he compares to Stanley is almost irrelevant because any top 10 player is going to set a new market price especially when theres a lack of top talent at the position.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Trent Brown is a monster, hes a beast in pass and run pro. How he compares to Stanley is almost irrelevant because any top 10 player is going to set a new market price especially when theres a lack of top talent at the position.

lmao... yea he is, allegedly.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He categorically denied it!

Unpopular opinion. I don't care if a player is a scumbag as long as he's not missing games. I don't believe random allegations anyway that result in only civil suits.

I don't think people realize how many players they'd probably hate if they really knew them and I'm just speaking on HoFs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EHq-MaoVUAQe1jv

its almost twice as many snaps per pressures allowed between him and 4th place and a massive difference between him and 2nd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This guy Stanley is an All-Pro caliber LT and the money we're gonna have to pay him kind of frightens me.
worth every penny and we all know it. Thank god Lerner isn't the owner of the Ravens.
Could be a 5 year 100m contract with the bulk guaranteed

D1City55

Pro Bowler
worth every penny and we all know it. Thank god Lerner isn't the owner of the Ravens.
Could be a 5 year 100m contract with the bulk guaranteed
This is why we've let go of guys like Wagner, CJ, Za'darius, and Jensen. We've been preparing for this moment when it comes to Stanley. No doubt he's going to be a Raven for a long time. Same can be said for Marlon.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is why we've let go of guys like Wagner, CJ, Za'darius, and Jensen. We've been preparing for this moment when it comes to Stanley. No doubt he's going to be a Raven for a long time. Same can be said for Marlon.
Mosley, although a very good Mike was a luxury and definitely not worth paying the 16.5m he got from the Jets. ZDS, although he's putting together a very good year and had a good year last year for us, was also paid an outrageous amount as he's being paid like he's elite and he isn't. Jensen also got paid as an elite center after only one season starting and I thought he was overpaid.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with the other guys on your list it was always going to be right player right price

with stanley and humphrey it will legitimately be the team going - we know we are going to make you the highest paid players in the league at your positions - now its just how and where and when we reset the market for each of them

id happily have stanley reset the market - probably going to get 18m maybe 19m a year from us

marlon likewise probably resets the corner market and gets 17m/yr himself

the problem with those other players is that we would have to pay them as if they were the best in the league despite not being sure they were - you could make the argument we should have paid CJ but the others not so much

weve finally got players worthy of the money they'd be able to get from us and we'll probably pay it happily as soon as possible to avoid inflation

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
with the other guys on your list it was always going to be right player right price

with stanley and humphrey it will legitimately be the team going - we know we are going to make you the highest paid players in the league at your positions - now its just how and where and when we reset the market for each of them

id happily have stanley reset the market - probably going to get 18m maybe 19m a year from us

the problem with those other players is that we would have to pay them as if they were the best in the league despite not being sure they were - you could make the argument we should have paid CJ but the others not so much

weve finally got players worthy of the money they'd be able to get from us and we'll probably pay it happily as soon as possible to avoid inflation
I agree, doing it sooner, rather than later to avoid inflation is best.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'd say we were sure they weren't, thus divorce.

So I read filmstudys notes on the Seattle game and it generally aligns with what we're seeing. Our tackles and Yanda are doing as well as expected and Skura is still getting manhandled. Bozeman is also playing poorly though is really good at pulling and hitting targets in space, I hope hes working on those penalties because he's still a replacement level player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I read filmstudys notes on the Seattle game and it generally aligns with what we're seeing. Our tackles and Yanda are doing as well as expected and Skura is still getting manhandled. Bozeman is also playing poorly though is really good at pulling and hitting targets in space, I hope hes working on those penalties because he's still a replacement level player.

If anyone wants to read the entire writeup, you can find it at the following

https://filmstudybaltimore.com/blog/offensive-line-scoring-vs-seahawks-102019