• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Surprised he didn't go to Indy.

Probably didn't hit the end of his apartment lease in Baltimore yet lol. Plus he probably didnt want to be an accomplice to Andrew Luck's murder.

I'm honestly fine with him being a reserve, he definitely didn't get a starter-level contract, so that's a good sign. As much as people don't like him, he's still probably the best cheap option at this point.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here is your line ravens fans. good luck

Stanley, Jensen, Zuttah, Yanda, Howard

Better hope yanda is as good as ever because if he slips even a little it's not even going to be average.

The Raven

Veteran
Will Zuttah start at center or left guard? If it's center, I'm losing faith in the coaching staff. If it's guard, I'm optimistic. Jensen has been too dominant for Zuttah to take the spot.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Ozzie turns 5.5M in cap and a 6th into 2M in cap and a better 6th. Wizzard.

that wasnt his intent. The fact that San Fran thought he was ass too says a lot.
Ozzie is no wizard

He drafted a million D lineman, a guy like wormely who we dont need and got rid of every good Offensive linesman not named yanda in the past 4 years.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im good with signing Zuttah. I still believe they will leave it up to competition. Now make a trade (ZDS) and a draft pick for a starting LG.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
that wasnt his intent. The fact that San Fran thought he was ass too says a lot.
Ozzie is no wizard

He drafted a million D lineman, a guy like wormely who we dont need and got rid of every good Offensive linesman not named yanda in the past 4 years.

They didnt "get rid of" they priced themselves out of Baltimore. When you offer to make someone the highest paid guard in the league and they turn it down because they are being offered top tier LT money, that isn't on the Ravens. Same thimg with Wagner. No way could they match that contract.

Even with the unecpected emergence of 3 Dline players at the same time, the Wormley pick still good because when they price themselves out of Baltimore you need the next man up. Losing teams draft for immediate need and winners draft for the future.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We all know this will be where the hair pulling will occur and what will stop this team from being successful. To make things easier, here is a thread dedicated to its incompetence.

Am I being premature? No. Without a running back that's even very good, never mind elite and Joe Flacco who's about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop when under pressure and no run game, this failure by the FO deserves its own thread.

This thread can be removed if a proper move is made but I think what you are seeing on the roster now is what you're getting.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
They didnt "get rid of" they priced themselves out of Baltimore. When you offer to make someone the highest paid guard in the league and they turn it down because they are being offered top tier LT money, that isn't on the Ravens. Same thimg with Wagner. No way could they match that contract.

Even with the unecpected emergence of 3 Dline players at the same time, the Wormley pick still good because when they price themselves out of Baltimore you need the next man up. Losing teams draft for immediate need and winners draft for the future.

Great O linesman are harder to find than great D linesman.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Will Zuttah start at center or left guard? If it's center, I'm losing faith in the coaching staff. If it's guard, I'm optimistic. Jensen has been too dominant for Zuttah to take the spot.
I don't think they would've traded Zuttah and then sign him again after he's been cut to be the starter at center. They were comfortable enough to let him go in the first place, so I'm thinking he was brought in to compete for the LG spot or as depth.