• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I think what you may be missing is the fact that Howard hasn't been healthy for the past two years. His play could have declined base off that alone and I don't think The Ravens need a receiver right now.

Injuries can take their toll on a player to. Even b4 his last injury he was having a bad year last year and wasn't looking to good in preliminary minicamps. He is 31 and 350lbs. Probably not a tackle at this juncture of his career. But could probably be a really good mauling guard.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
whats the latest word on Brandon Albert??

He's getting on a bit and unmotivated. We'll have a bunch of old men on this line if we go this route. If theres an old guy i want its evan mathis but hes retired. You cant teach that grip though. When he gets his hands on any D linesman, they are not moving.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Injuries can take their toll on a player to. Even b4 his last injury he was having a bad year last year and wasn't looking to good in preliminary minicamps. He is 31 and 350lbs. Probably not a tackle at this juncture of his career. But could probably be a really good mauling guard.
Not entirely possible considering that he ended the 2014 campaign on I.R., cutting into his following offseason, was running with the ones upon returning despite the competition with Melenik Watson, when he was confirmed to have been, "moving well with first team" by a Bay Area writer, and then suffered the torn labrum and rotator cuff during the above-mentioned minicamp.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Not entirely possible considering that he ended the 2014 campaign on I.R., cutting into his following offseason, was running with the ones upon returning despite the competition with Melenik Watson, when he was confirmed to have been, "moving well with first team" by a Bay Area writer, and then suffered the torn labrum and rotator cuff during the above-mentioned minicamp.

I know it's not entirely possible. But with age and injuries I'm not sold on him being a functional tackle at this juncture

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Who is available?? A round2 pick could make somebody. Available that was not available b4 learning a round2 pick could be fetched

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next years draft needs to be from rounds 1-3

TACKLE
GUARD
RUNNING BACK
We don't really need a tackle that early. Stanley is great, and Hurst is an okay starting RT. If some stud tackle falls to us then sure, but I'd sooner focus on an interior blocker first. Someone like Billy Price or Quenton Nelson.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
how about james carpenter for a 4th and 5th?
I had suggested this a few pages back. With the great Jets cap purge, I wouldn't expect it would even take two draft picks to get him. Possibly a player trade may be enough to perk their interest. Good LG who's fairly young and would be an upgrade. Would seriously have to rework that contract though with a restructure or extension.

im fine with zuttah coming back if a little deflated by it's necessity - i will be livid however if in the next practices i hear he's been taking 1st team snaps at center
I think it all depends on who else is able to take snaps, especially with Stanley sidelined. I'm anxious to see him return from this non-disclosed, "non-serious" injury. If he's out, the shuffle on the line is going to just be ugly, period. Look at who we started in preseason game 2. Zuttah may be our best bad option.

If Stanley is there, then it comes down to Hurst or Eluemunor playing LG, with Jensen at C. Plenty of people not wanting to see that. What else can be done other than moving Jensen to LG and putting Zuttah at C. Again, Zuttah may be our best bad option.

I think very few out here are thrilled with these configurations. And this is what we have IF everyone stays healthy all year long? Undoubtedly the biggest issue for this team (that is, of course, if Joe is REALLY OK).

The Raven

Veteran
time for the front office to draft o-lineman earlier in the draft from now on. missing osemele big time.
I've been sayin this shit for year, and I always have a stroke on draft day. "What the hell do you mean we drafted another high floor/low ceiling DT on Day 2?"

The Greek

Veteran
I think it all depends on who else is able to take snaps, especially with Stanley sidelined. I'm anxious to see him return from this non-disclosed, "non-serious" injury. If he's out, the shuffle on the line is going to just be ugly, period. Look at who we started in preseason game 2. Zuttah may be our best bad option.

If Stanley is there, then it comes down to Hurst or Eluemunor playing LG, with Jensen at C. Plenty of people not wanting to see that. What else can be done other than moving Jensen to LG and putting Zuttah at C. Again, Zuttah may be our best bad option.

I think very few out here are thrilled with these configurations. And this is what we have IF everyone stays healthy all year long? Undoubtedly the biggest issue for this team (that is, of course, if Joe is REALLY OK).
it is beginning to look like zuttah is the starting center again. unfortunately the fo decided to bypass drafting a center or acquiring one via free agency/trade and with all of the injuries there stuck now