• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

The Raven

Veteran
Does anyone think Carl Davis and Ricard could make better interior offensive linemen? Davis wears down too fast to be anything more than a rotation guy and Ricard has some experience run blocking, the point is that these two are likely cut candidates and outside the roster bubble so they won't be contributing on the dline, but they both have physical traits that Hurst, Skura or Zuttah don't have.
Carl Davis looks like a left tackle in build. 6'5 320? Perfect sized tackle. I could see him playing oline. Ricard would have to add a lot of weight, but he's got the physical traits to be a dominant zone guard. I think it's feasible to try these guys at oline but it's likely a little late now.

Carl Davis looks like a left tackle in build. 6'5 320? Perfect sized tackle. I could see him playing oline. Ricard would have to add a lot of weight, but he's got the physical traits to be a dominant zone guard. I think it's feasible to try these guys at oline but it's likely a little late now.

Possibly although this only makes sense to try it if they're cut, the guy from beatdown thinks all 8 will make the roster.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Denver traded Ty Sambrailo to Atlanta for a Fifth Round Pick. Thus solidifying the price teams need to pay for an underperformer on the OL.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean Alex Lewis is the starting LG next year so you aren't trading for a starter. Maybe you trade for a RT but you already have Howard who they paid and Hurst who has played well (i dont like typing that). So there wont be some massive deal.

The Raven

Veteran
Bergstrom may turn out to be the starter at LG. He's big and decently mobile, though not the strongest guy. He's a good swing guy, too. Has experience starting at guard and center. Solid move for a 7th. He won't be dominant but he can hold it down.

My take is that Bergstrom starts at LG and Hurst starts at RT, kicking Howard down to depth.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Also.

THIS IS OUR BIG TRADE MOVE? WHAT THE FUCK OZZIE....

A feeble attempt to fix a position that is a serious problem. This trade ranks right up there with the deep threat WR from the rams for a round7 pick. If Stanley is hurt or if Yanda is hurt or the wheels on the wagon begin to show wear the OLine is gonna be a real dumpster fire.

RAGE

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

An injury to Stanley Yanda, Carl Davis could be placed on the OLine. Could be a pretty good RT, LG with practice.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Go get John Greco and don't think twice about it. We are desperate for OG help and he makes a ton of sense. Is he elite? No. But he's good. Greco-Jensen-Yanda makes for a solid interior line. And Greco is a good run blocker too.

That said, I don't think he will make it past the Bengals. Both are from Ohio and there's nothing a player likes more than going to their rival to stick it to them(see Sitton signing with the Bears).

BUT PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT. WE NEED THIS.