• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The 4th Quarter and Everyone's Blood Pressure

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He played 6 less snaps than Duv. I'll give you that he wasn't out there in the obvious running situations. But he's clearly healthy enough to be playing.
Sure. But there's a lot of guys who are healthy enough to be playing that aren't every down or high snap players. Houston was healthy enough to play... he didn't come close to half the snaps. Stanley still isn't playing 100%, and this was his third week back.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar hasnt been moving up in pocket for some reason.. i wonder if its cause teams have been blitzing us alot… we also need to get the ball to bateman and likley more, those guys are good at getting yac.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Have had a busy weekend, but got to watch the game yesterday. It wasn't perfect, but they did manage to win. I still think they have big problems with learning to win and learning how not to lose. Hill fumbling almost caused me to stroke out. I was convinced we were going to blow another one. The false start penalty saved us, I think.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have had a busy weekend, but got to watch the game yesterday. It wasn't perfect, but they did manage to win. I still think they have big problems with learning to win and learning how not to lose. Hill fumbling almost caused me to stroke out. I was convinced we were going to blow another one. The false start penalty saved us, I think.
Ehh, maybe. First off, if they don't make that call, its a 56 yard FG, which isn't a gimme by any stretch. Second, that merely ties the game, so who knows what happens after that.

There were definitely some interesting calls on both sides yesterday. I though the DPI on Peters was very ticky tack and arguably not a penalty at all, BUT, he totally got bailed out on the OPI on Cooper. While Cooper did extend his arm and should probably get called for that, he had Peters beat, the throw was right on the money, and he didn't need to do it. Peters didn't have a great game at all yesterday based on what I saw.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I hear you. I really do because it's frustrating and everything seems ass backwards. However I truly ask, what do you want Roman to do with this 2022 Ravens offense.

He can't use 3 WRs. If you put DRob, Proche, or Wallace on the field you're wasting a spot on offense. The best he can do is try to establish the run game and hope to get play action working well enough that Andrews can get his and occasionally Bateman or Duv can make a big play. It's really not great at all but he's working with literal garbage.
Maybe Desean opens it all up

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar hasnt been moving up in pocket for some reason.. i wonder if its cause teams have been blitzing us alot… we also need to get the ball to bateman and likley more, those guys are good at getting yac.
I’ve been seeing this too, way way too much backpedaling. That 3rd down backpedal conversion was fortunate, I was concerned if we punted there. I’m not sure that Lamar has had a pocket to step up into however

Simba

Staff Member
One thing I didn't anticipate when we drafted Bateman is that we'd get another guy that would just go down instead of trying to fight through tackles. He wasn't the most physically dominant WR I've ever seen but he should be fighting for extra yards a lot more than he has been.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
One thing I didn't anticipate when we drafted Bateman is that we'd get another guy that would just go down instead of trying to fight through tackles. He wasn't the most physically dominant WR I've ever seen but he should be fighting for extra yards a lot more than he has been.
I feel like I only saw him do it once yesterday? Has he been doing it more often? The one I saw was extremely Hollywood-esque

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Last stat on Ricard. He has 301 snaps this season. Second place is our former FB in KJ. He has 201 snaps. Ricard has played 100 snaps more than the second most active FB.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Last stat on Ricard. He has 301 snaps this season. Second place is our former FB in KJ. He has 201 snaps. Ricard has played 100 snaps more than the second most active FB.
What a joke

Roman is singlehandedly keeping the FB industry in business

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember him leading it a little too far..

It worked and it went for a monster play. Was it as pretty as you'd like? probably not....but it worked.

Think in Miami they aren't running slants because Tua's throws go high? Absolutely not.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chubb, Jeudy, and Hamler are on the trade block.....

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
I feel like I only saw him do it once yesterday? Has he been doing it more often? The one I saw was extremely Hollywood-esque
I know it ultimately didn't matter because we did end up scoring afterwards, but Bateman has a TD on 3rd down there if he doesn't fall as he's catching the ball. He easily could have caught that in stride but was catching it while going down to avoid the hit.

Simba

Staff Member
Also shout out to Jordan Stout yesterday. Felt like this was the first game where he consistently showed what we could be. He's been kind of up and down this year so far, but was booming the ball yesterday and placing it pretty well.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Jeudy makes the most sense given his familiarity with Lamar
would he actually help our team more than what chubb could do? Idk if chubb is great but if he is a 10 sack guy, id think that would go a long way for us.. even though we could use another wr right now, im not so sure its the reason for our offensive problems