• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ New Orleans

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
just frustrating that we had an awesome receiving corps last year but an OL that was falling apart at the seams and now this year the OL's a top 3-5 pass blocking unit and our receiving corps is not only weak, it's also deteriorating quickly
we are the 2nd pass rated pass blocking unit and 7th run blocking unit so yes we would absolutely be a top 5 unit.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
just frustrating that we had an awesome receiving corps last year but an OL that was falling apart at the seams and now this year the OL's a top 3-5 pass blocking unit and our receiving corps is not only weak, it's also deteriorating quickly
It’s painful , hopefully we can ride a fairly easy schedule to an AFC North crown without having to rush back Andrews or Batemen

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we replicate the 2nd half of the Bucs game Vs NO? Gotta get Lamar involved in the run game early and often. Just let him go be an athlete

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It’s painful , hopefully we can ride a fairly easy schedule to an AFC North crown without having to rush back Andrews or Batemen
I have a lot of hope that we stay healthy, pile up the wins, and are firing on all cylinders come playoff time.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Can we replicate the 2nd half of the Bucs game Vs NO? Gotta get Lamar involved in the run game early and often. Just let him go be an athlete
It does seem to be be the key to Lamar’s rhythm, but he has to gain consistency passing regardless. The better teams will definitely force the play to what they perceive as the weakest part of our game and we have to be able to exploit that.

Old Bay

Veteran
I'd assume Gus is out until the hamstring is fully healed. No idea how severe the Andrews's injury is but would hold him out as well considering we have 12 Tes on the roster.
Yeah, considering the timing of the bye and the production we've seen (albeit SSS) from Likely, Drake and Hill, I think they play it safe with Gus and Mark. I think that's the smart long-term strategy.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I only hope all the new players coming off injuries and DeSean Jackson don't hold us back from playing a stellar game. I'm just worried sick about our lost leads and hope with the addition of Roquan it adds leadership and stability to the front 7.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s coming together guys, this defense is gonna begin peaking in January
I hope you are right man! Things are falling into place right when we needed them. With the addition of Roquan, Bowser, and Ojabo, we can unleash JPP and Houston purely on pass-rush situations. They can still cause havoc if we manage their snap counts. I see good things and also feel nervous about how well the Roquan, Ojabo, and Bowser integrate into MacDonald's defense and how quickly.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
DL is a top of the priority list. Would depend on how the draft works out and who's available. WR, DL, OL, CB and rb would be my order depending on Peters situation.

And anyone find it weird we haven't drafted bigger frame wrs who might be more helpful run blocking?
So I'd say this sort of "depends".

If you extend Roquan, ILB isn't a need anymore, given you have Roquan and Queen for another year. Though I will say I can't imagine you extend Roquan and then pick up Queen's 5th year option, given that it'll be quite pricey.

Pass Rush will be interesting. You'll have Ojabo, Oweh, and likely Bowser back. That's probably still not enough. Houston and JPP aren't under contract and obviously are aging veterans, so I think you still need EDGE help. You're an injury away from being pretty thin there.

Dline is interesting because Madubuike is obviously looking very good right now, and you still have Travis Jones in year 1, who everybody is excited about, and we'll get Pierce back (likely to stay next year). So I don't know if you need a massive investment there or if you just need more depth.

Corner I think is going to be a priority in the offseason. Peters isn't guaranteed to be back and Fuller is a FA. Basically leaves you with Pepe and Stephens as your #2 and #3 Corners, which just isn't good enough at the moment. Maybe the improve, but you can't assume that.
I think you'll 100% see the Ravens look for Corner help either in FA or in the draft, and if its in the draft, it could be early in the draft. Like round 1 early.

Obviously WR is going to be a need. With the trading of the second rounder, it makes the draft very interesting to me, because you either take a WR in the first (which feels forced), or you're basically waiting until either the 3rd round or day 3 to add WRs. Doesn't mean those guys won't pan out, but that's where we've drafted existing guys already (Duvernay, Proche, etc.).

I think all of this boils down, to me, to how critical it is for the Ravens to get a long-term deal done with Lamar before FA opens. If you don't, it can really hamstring what you do in FA, and you now have two less draft picks to work with. That means between WR, Corner, and Pass Rush/Dline, some of those picks are going to be mid-round "project" types, instead of instant day 1 impact players.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So back to this game....

Any word on who practiced and who didn't? Also, are we inevitably playing the trio of Olave, MT, and Landry?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So back to this game....

Any word on who practiced and who didn't? Also, are we inevitably playing the trio of Olave, MT, and Landry?
Since its Monday game, teams don't release injury reports until Thursday-Saturday, instead of Wednesday-Friday. So won't find out until this afternoon, and its only day one.

I imagine a lot of guys, like Andrews, Edwards, and Bateman, either won't practice early in the week or at all.

Bateman isn't going to play, and playing Edwards wouldn't seem super logical to me. Feels like the only ? is Andrews, and I'd be surprised if he practiced until at least Friday or Saturday, if at all.

Would think Bowser plays and Ojabo doesn't. Ojabo coming back after the bye week feels like perfect timing.