• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not going to beat the proverbial "dead horse" here. I feel that we still have some things to clean up offensively before we can become that offensive juggernaut that I want to see. Defensively, things seem to be coming together. A great and needed win tonight! The Ravens showed me that they can enjoy prosperity by taking care of their own business to advance to 6-3 prior to their bye and to get a tighter grip on the AFC North. It's not over, they still have a lot of football left to play but, I'm digging what I saw from them tonight! Ravens 6-3. BYE-WEEK here we come!

GO RAVENS! :cool:
I've never been happier to see the bye week. Red Zone here I come.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Why does this team give up points in 2 minute drills and in the 4th quarter? The game was never close and so it didn't matter for this game, but it's still so frustrating. 10 of their 13 allowed points came right before half time or in the 4th.

I think a positive look is the TD was a garbage time score. The redzone defense was at least good.

Ultimately that was their best game of the year. Roquan will get better, Ojabo and Marcus Williams still to enter the fold. High hopes for that group by season's end. I think they've still probably got 3 more games of needing to gel.

Also MM should hopefully continue to improve as a DC too with more experience.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
the one to oliver was fine
the two to robinson were disappointing - the one where he didnt drive the ball but lofted it slightly to the back of the endzone was frustrating... i do understand the other one on the drag route because he had a free untouched blitzer straight up the middle that ruined his timing and he couldnt set his feet... but let's be honest - we normally would expect lamar to make that kind of ridiculous play because he has done throughout his career

the one id have really liked him to hit was the over route to isaiah likely that he slightly over-threw because of what that would mean moving forwards
The one to Likely didn't bother me a ton, personally. That's a tough pass to make.

I generally thought he made the throws that were easy and missed a few difficult ones that get the spotlight because players appeared more open.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I was kind of amazed at how much better the DEF looked with a bona fide MiLB. Maybe it was just continued improvement, but it's pretty coincidental if that's the case. I get taking value and versatility in the draft and hoping for growth, but sometimes having an actual position player in his own position does wonders for what happens overall on a scheme. I don't think this DEF has been complete since we had Judon and Mosley. I'm super excited to see how much better they can do. I think Hamilton benefited a lot from the Smith addition too.

Simba

Staff Member
Thought we dominated a lot more than the score showed. Rather than position by position, I'll call out some players that I think really stood out

Kenyan Drake - dude was slippery and showed good vision all night. He's starting to come into his own here. I'd be open to retaining him for another year as some insurance.

Demarcus Robinson - the stat line doesn't show it but he's really stepped up with Bateman being out the last 2 games. Getting open relatively consistently and fighting for those extra yards

Ben Powers - guy has really stepped up his game this year. Looks really comfortable pulling and made a ton of key blocks.

The whole DL - continually making an impact by just getting their hands up. I highlighted the entire group but damn has Broderick Washington in particular turned into a solid player

Roquan Smith - impact from day 1 and he's not even comfortable. His patient but still aggressive approach is going to be a godsend for a team that hasn't had a force in the middle for a number of years

Justin Houston - enough said

Brandon Stephens - he's quietly reinserted himself into the lineup after a rough stretch and performed pretty well. Hopefully he can build some momentum.

Jalyn Armour-Davis - didn't play on D but was nice to see him out there busting his tail on ST. Hopefully that parlays into some confidence on D as well.

Kyle Hamilton - finally coming into his own. Closes with speed and has been wrapping up and tackling unlike preseason. Really looking forward to his continued development because he has every physical trait you want.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I ain’t forget, a few you wanted McDonald out.

KEEP DAT ENERGY lol

2 things I’m not liking. The offense continually looking like it wants to take a snap at 0. There’s been a ton of confusion and I hate that. I want more easy throws that take advantage of Lamar’s arm/dart throws.

Second thing. MPs effort.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

KEEP DAT ENERGY lol

2 things I’m not liking. The offense continually looking like it wants to take a snap at 0. There’s been a ton of confusion and I hate that. I want more easy throws that take advantage of Lamar’s arm/dart throws.

this won't change and it's on Roman. He has been this way since he was OC of the Niners, but I agree, it is very frustrating.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

KEEP DAT ENERGY lol

That was one concern I did have last night, the offense took too long getting to the LOS and looked like they had to really think about the playcalls.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
this won't change and it's on Roman. He has been this way since he was OC of the Niners, but I agree, it is very frustrating.

It's frustrating to watch. We did not have these problems at the beginning of his tenure so wtf

We look so basic at times and if it wasn't for how explosive Lamar is and how it forces defenses to account for him at all times I am not sure this offense even sputters 19 points.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh would never. He’d be too intimidated

ENOUGH OF THIS NEGATIVITY.

On that 3rd and 8 in the redzone to start the second half the receivers ran into each other. Nobody is open and Lamar has to scramble out and misses Robinson on a potential 1st down and more

I am tired of seeing shit like that

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
ENOUGH OF THIS NEGATIVITY.

On that 3rd and 8 in the redzone to start the second half the receivers ran into each other. Nobody is open and Lamar has to scramble out and misses Robinson on a potential 1st down and more

I am tired of seeing shit like that

Quoting the wrong person perhaps, or are you just taking your frustration out on me as it’s the popular thing to do

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Quoting the wrong person perhaps, or are you just taking your frustration out on me as it’s the popular thing to do

lmfao the first part is specifically for you

second part is an extension of my want for Sean Payton lmfao I think he fixes those issues.