• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Peyton Manning interrupted his guest with the pass in mid air to announce the greatest touchdown pass in history. So close.
on another play the Mannings were talking about Lamar going from his right hand to left and back to right hand to complete a pass. They were all over that.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
you must mean RSR and of course some members here as well. According to RSR members he retired last year or if he played would never be near the same player. I'm sure it was like this on Reddit as well but I don't go on Reddit.
I don't visit sites other than this and the team's site, which certainly wouldn't have that. I just saw it here.

marklar

Pro Bowler
I can't explain that either.

Our front 7 play alone is enough to carry me over until the next game.
I don't get it either. The team is competitive in all games played so far, wins twice as many as they lose. Most of the time the games have been entertaining. Still it is a lot of gloom over how {Roman,WRs,Harbs} are terrible and will kill the season. Please save it until the team starts losing at least. But each to his own...

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't get it either. The team is competitive in all games played so far, wins twice as many as they lose. Most of the time the games have been entertaining. Still it is a lot of gloom over how {Roman,WRs,Harbs} are terrible and will kill the season. Please save it until the team starts losing at least. But each to his own...

I would consider it an example of confirmation bias. Basically people saw what they wanted to see and those who believed that the season was done were going to continue to do so regardless of the result, whatever happened would be twisted to fit that worldview. For a good example in the media look at Skip Bayless who has made an entire career off of twisting facts to suit theories rather than letting the facts come first and theorizing after.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

They also had Bowser at a 55.6 which seems crazy to me considering we could see him making big plays. The fact that a team can completely be dominated like that and somehow PFF is giving low marks to the people who caused the domination just blows my mind.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They also had Bowser at a 55.6 which seems crazy to me considering we could see him making big plays. The fact that a team can completely be dominated like that and somehow PFF is giving low marks to the people who caused the domination just blows my mind.

i get it a little more with bowser - his first pressure that everyone was getting hyped about was just him completely unblocked free rushing at the QB

but yeah something's off if the guys up front who dominated are all getting lower grades - it's almost like they're getting penalised because they all played well and therefore all took "points" away from each other lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can already hear Sam monson pompously saying “yeah the stat sheet looks good because he got home on some sacks but what about the pressure rate? That’s the only thing that matters!”