• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bye

JAAM

Hall of Famer

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cool things are:
Defense will get back Williams
Defense will get Ojabo
Tyus will get better
Peters will continue to get better
Hamilton is and will continue playing much better
Roquan will get much better and he's already looking great
I'm most concerned about Peters . He seems to have lost a step and does he have a single pick this year?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
yet the run game has been very efficient, with 8 straight 150 yard run games. I think Wallace is the bigger disappointment, but Oliver has really come along as a blocker and pass catcher. Boyle is definitely a cap casualty at the end of the season.
Im gonna surprise people and say Marcus Peters is the biggest disappointment. He seems to have lost a step and teams are definitely going after him big time. Does he have a pick or a game changing play this season? a disappointment.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The state. I didn’t know there’s a California, Maryland lol. That’s cool
yes there is a California, MD, Pasadena MD, Oakland MD, etc...

I remember going on a Yosemite trip and we were visiting friends in California MD the week prior to the trip and telling them we were going to California the next weekend.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Im gonna surprise people and say Marcus Peters is the biggest disappointment. He seems to have lost a step and teams are definitely going after him big time. Does he have a pick or a game changing play this season? a disappointment.
he had one taken away from him and not sure he is 100% yet, but I don't think he gets extended.

Man I'm a broke ass bitch in California. I can barely afford a 1BR apartment!

You’re up near the Bay Area right? Those prices are starting to tickle down here to the San Joaquin Valley. Been looking to buy a house the last couple years but housing prices skyrocketed. Even rentals.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He is absolutely gone next year. Add in his tantrums trying to show up Harbs…. He is gone and the team will be better off for it without that negative energy

Tank

Hall of Famer
The state. I didn’t know there’s a California, Maryland lol. That’s cool
It’s just down the road from Hollywood. lol

1668039856133.png

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
he had one taken away from him and not sure he is 100% yet, but I don't think he gets extended.
He is absolutely gone next year. Add in his tantrums trying to show up Harbs…. He is gone and the team will be better off for it without that negative energy
Agreed. Will make for an interesting offseason if they can't extend Lamar. Peters being gone means CB arguably becomes priority #1 in the offseason. That likely means draft pick(s), and high one's.
Without a second, that means you could be choosing between DB and WR in the first, and then having to wait until 3rd round or later to draft the other. Not ideal.
Think that might kill the "we have to draft a receiver early" crowd.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Will make for an interesting offseason if they can't extend Lamar. Peters being gone means CB arguably becomes priority #1 in the offseason. That likely means draft pick(s), and high one's.
Without a second, that means you could be choosing between DB and WR in the first, and then having to wait until 3rd round or later to draft the other. Not ideal.
Think that might kill the "we have to draft a receiver early" crowd.
Yeah I'm really really really not liking the way CB looks next year. And you can quote me right here. I won't be mad at the Ravens if they do go corner first round next year IF they have made some veteran move to round out the room. I can be ok with Bateman at the 1, Duv at the 2,as long as they bring in a stop gap for the 3 and add a young guy who gets a year to develop.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I'm really really really not liking the way CB looks next year. And you can quote me right here. I won't be mad at the Ravens if they do go corner first round next year IF they have made some veteran move to round out the room. I can be ok with Bateman at the 1, Duv at the 2,as long as they bring in a stop gap for the 3 and add a young guy who gets a year to develop.
I think Robinson has played above expectations this year . Don’t forget him , he’s doing a pretty good job .

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think Robinson has played above expectations this year . Don’t forget him , he’s doing a pretty good job .
He's been really garbage outside the last 2 games. Remember he wasn't here in the offseason. Maybe he's starting to put it together here. Also Lamar is spreading the ball around more. Here's to hoping he gets even better

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean they're going to draft a receiver or two. That's a given. Mostly pointing out that the contingent of people who want it to be a first rounder may be severely disappointed. No way the Ravens are going to pigeon-hole themselves that way, and Corner is going to be a priority for sure.

I may be in the minority, but based on what I see, if you want high-end Corner play, you've gotta draft it early. Day 1 or 2nd round at latest. Like you can find Tavon Youngs in the middle rounds, but there's not many Peters, Humphreys', Smith's, etc. outside the first round. I like our chances of landing a quality WR in day 2 or day 3 than I do landing a top CB.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean they're going to draft a receiver or two. That's a given. Mostly pointing out that the contingent of people who want it to be a first rounder may be severely disappointed. No way the Ravens are going to pigeon-hole themselves that way, and Corner is going to be a priority for sure.

I may be in the minority, but based on what I see, if you want high-end Corner play, you've gotta draft it early. Day 1 or 2nd round at latest. Like you can find Tavon Youngs in the middle rounds, but there's not many Peters, Humphreys', Smith's, etc. outside the first round. I like our chances of landing a quality WR in day 2 or day 3 than I do landing a top CB.
Corner first, then receiver . I agree.