• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
wash, rinse, repeat........

upload_2018-12-15_13-55-43.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-15_13-55-21.gif
    upload_2018-12-15_13-55-21.gif
    584.3 KB · Views: 167

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This conversation is just a wee bit stale.

We should do a sweet 16 of the Ravens draft busts. Each conference is a different position group. Everyone can join in on the fun for that one.

@Lost_In_Translation Yes, Flacco is the best qb we've had...

when saying that, remember Torrey Smith is probably the best wr we've drafted. Quite the battle between him, Stokley and Yamon Figurs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We should do a sweet 16 of the Ravens draft busts. Each conference is a different position group. Everyone can join in on the fun for that one.

when saying that, remember Torrey Smith is probably the best wr we've drafted. Quite the battle between him, Stokley and Yamon Figurs.

Sad, very sad

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Mark Clayton should easily be 2nd on that list

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He completely slipped my mind.
Understandable. Mark Clayton could’ve been so good if not for the injuries piling up. Speed route running and circus catches were his specialty, sadly he would drop some routine catches that tarnished his reputation here, and the injuries piled up so fast and sapped him of all his speed and quickness. The way his career panned out is one of the sadder ravens stories to me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I knew we were running a lot with him but not THIS MUCH. Think we are going to have it tone it down a bit.

In fact, Jackson is running so much that he’s playing like no other quarterback in NFL history. In his five starts, Jackson has run the ball 26, 11, 17, 14 and 18 times. That’s an average of 17.2 rushing attempts per start. No other quarterback has ever averaged more than 10.1 rushing attempts per start over the course of a season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...l-more-often-than-any-other-quarterback-ever/

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

flynismo

Practice Squad
No, we need to keep pounding for as long as it works.
Why do we need to tone it down? We're keeping the ball, controlling time, tiring opposing D, giving a big chunks of rest to our D.
And we are winning games.
Why the hell would we want to tone it down?

Have you seen Lamar's physique? He is one stiff sneeze away from cracking a few ribs.
Not only that, but it is never good to be so one dimensional. He has yet to face an even mediocre NFL defense. It won't be pretty if he doesn't start spreading his wings a little.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Have you seen Lamar's physique? He is one stiff sneeze away from cracking a few ribs.
Not only that, but it is never good to be so one dimensional. He has yet to face an even mediocre NFL defense. It won't be pretty if he doesn't start spreading his wings a little.

I don’t agree with your worries about his physique per se but I do agree on this - Chargers is the first big test - he’s had 5 games now to get used to being the starter of an nfl offence with a system installed around him and some building chemistry in a schedule that has incrementally increased the level of difficulty

He played a divisional game to start but the defence was awful

Then he got the raiders

Then he got the falcons which was a step up but not tricky

Then he had to try and stay in touch with the chiefs offence and deal with their dangerous DL (but vacant coverage unit) but deal with the arrowhead home field - another step up...

He got another soft ball defence here for the bucs but the weather got tricky and he had to come back from a mistake-ridden quarter of bad football

Now he’s got the chargers - the most complete team he’s faced and certainly the best defence by far - and it’s a night game

I’m excited to see how he get on

flynismo

Practice Squad
Chargers is the first big test - he’s had 5 games now to get used to being the starter of an nfl offence with a system installed around him and some building chemistry in a schedule that has incrementally increased the level of difficulty

He played a divisional game to start but the defence was awful

Then he go the raiders

Then he got the falcons which was a step up but not tricky

Then he had to try and stay in touch with the chiefs offence and deal with their dangerous DL (but vacant coverage unit) but deal with the arrowhead home field - another step up...

He got another soft ball defence here for the bucs but the weather got tricky and he had to come back from a mistake-ridden quarter of bad football

Now he’s got the chargers - the most complete team he’s faced and certainly the best defence by far - and it’s a night game

I’m excited to see how he get on

You're absolutely right, LAC will be his first real taste of what lies ahead. I'm just praying that our coaches don't try to shelter him. If we unleash him, he'll either sink or swim. Either way, he'll be better off for it. And so will we in the long run.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You're absolutely right, LAC will be his first real taste of what lies ahead. I'm just praying that our coaches don't try to shelter him. If we unleash him, he'll either sink or swim. Either way, he'll be better off for it. And so will we in the long run.

I want Marty to do the opposite of what he’s done in most of the games so far

Start the game running to create a rhythm and then open up the playbook

The last few weeks Marty’s tried to establish the pass and then reverted back to the run when it hasn’t worked - I’d like to see him force the chargers to defend the run and open up the attack as the game progresses

I’m not saying all runs but let’s not eschew the zone read as a consistent weapon early on because it will give us a better chance of holding bosa and Ingram off the edge when Lamar does drop back into the pocket to pass