• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Go to a Jags forum and see those saying Bortles OL sucks, wrs drops and OC sucks. NO run game without Fournette. Yes, there are Bortles apologists.
Now that is funny. The skins still have Jason Campbell and Patrick Ramsey apologists.

Hell, they probably have Jim Zorn apologists

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's still quite inconsistent at looking off guys and still locks in but mostly when its a designed play with one option
ironically he's a much better qb the more reads he gets through and that includes accuracy as well as just making the right read - but he has shown the ability to read very quickly even in a cramped or collapsing pocket

the whippy arm is just how his release has always been and always will be - they were always going to rebuild the way he generates power through his hips and legs as well as his footwork but the whippy arm isnt a problem because it's still a fast motion that creates the right kind of velocity - the issue is when he gets out of rhythm and starts consistently throwing out of his normal mechanics because of rush lanes or whatever and then his release falls apart a bit - albeit ive been encouraged by the fact that his base doesnt seem to get narrow when under pressure unless he hasnt got room to step into the throw

for me the way he's reading the field has been the biggest improvement since the bills game - he still had some frustrating misreads @ falcons where he missed the seam coming open 4 times at least for big gainers and that was frustrating because in previous weeks and games he's been able to pick up on things he's missed or mistimed in a prior series and instantly improved it next time he sees the same thing (albeit sometimes that's got to be on the coaches for noticing it in real time and showing him on the sideline what he's missed etc. and maybe the coaches never saw those seams in real time)
God dammit I guess I’m making sweeping statements too.

Don’t speak without gifs and MLA format citations from here on out everyone. We have to be concise and to the point!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I go to Europe for a week and everything falls apart. We are all fans of the Ravens, right? I hope so. On the subject of Lamar I think he’s made progress. I wouldn’t say he’s a completely new player because that’s absurd but I don’t think anyone else is either. That said, I’m a firm believer there’s two sides to an argument especially a heated one and usually both sides are at fault unless there’s a misunderstanding that easily happens over Internet text.

Everyone is respected and I think most people respect what Joe has done and is doing but just want something different now. I knew it was likely but it’s still hard seeing him now expected to backup Lamar. It’s a real sad day for me and I’ve thought for years now we needed to replace him. I think the ACL injury ultimately did him in. I do think Lamar is more the type of QB John Harbaugh wants despite popular opinion.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I go to Europe for a week and everything falls apart.

PlayfulFittingCaribou-max-1mb.gif

Abuse of power is coming... I can feel it!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think his name is Diligent T.Rex or something

I was clowning with him Fly!

Everyone here knows that Tyrod is my dude and always will be until he is completely out of the league. I still hope that he'd get another shot at being the starting QB for another franchise. It could happen!