• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Have you seen Lamar's physique? He is one stiff sneeze away from cracking a few ribs.
Not only that, but it is never good to be so one dimensional. He has yet to face an even mediocre NFL defense. It won't be pretty if he doesn't start spreading his wings a little.
The thing with Lamar is - he is much more comfortable/natural when running the ball and has copped up less hits running than passing. There's a risk involved obviously but I think he really is exposed less in the open filed than in or close to the pocket.

ozraven

Practice Squad
The thing with Lamar is - he is much more comfortable/natural when running the ball and has copped up less hits running than passing. There's a risk involved obviously but I think he really is exposed less in the open filed than in or close to the pocket.
Preach
Its good seeing the offense humming.
That drop by snead i think it was..lamar seemed pissed.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hottest take I’ve seen on lamar yet: “his fakes aren’t convincing so that can get him sacked” on YouTube. Interesting.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Have you seen Lamar's physique? He is one stiff sneeze away from cracking a few ribs.
Not only that, but it is never good to be so one dimensional. He has yet to face an even mediocre NFL defense. It won't be pretty if he doesn't start spreading his wings a little.
Yeah, even though it’s what has made him a game changer he’ll never last long term in the NFL as a run first player. While definitely shifty and elusive the question isn’t will he get smashed and injured, it’s how long is it before the inevitable happens.

People want to use stats to analyze performance and certainly they can be relevant but I think some will just look at Lamar's stat line and think - yeah, that's pretty unimpressive. OK - but that final drive of the game. That drive that ground TB into dust did not provide Lamar a single stat. Why should it? All we did is run the ball. Anyone can get a snap and hand it to an RB.

That drive is all about the previous 3 1/2 quarters where - because of Lamar and the threat he brings - we were able to dish out repeated body blows to their D with our run game. That last drive doesn't just happen. It happens because of the style of game we're able to play by using Lamar.

In the 3rd quarter, he consistently killed them by escaping and picking up yards. Dead plays turn into 6 yard gains. This will have to decrease as we all know as he gains confidence and improves his passing game, but I don't want to hear anyone anywhere just look at his stat line and say that it is pretty pedestrian.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
People want to use stats to analyze performance and certainly they can be relevant but I think some will just look at Lamar's stat line and think - yeah, that's pretty unimpressive. OK - but that final drive of the game. That drive that ground TB into dust did not provide Lamar a single stat. Why should it? All we did is run the ball. Anyone can get a snap and hand it to an RB.

That drive is all about the previous 3 1/2 quarters where - because of Lamar and the threat he brings - we were able to dish out repeated body blows to their D with our run game. That last drive doesn't just happen. It happens because of the style of game we're able to play by using Lamar.

In the 3rd quarter, he consistently killed them by escaping and picking up yards. Dead plays turn into 6 yard gains. This will have to decrease as we all know as he gains confidence and improves his passing game, but I don't want to hear anyone anywhere just look at his stat line and say that it is pretty pedestrian.

His passing stats won't look impressive until he hopefully improves as a passer in the off-season, but as long as he keeps getting those Ws then that's all that matters right now.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
some fans are going to be really triggered when he is immortalized in our ring of honor.
Joe deserves it for being the best quarterback the Ravens have ever had, but that doesn't mean his play throughout the entirety of his Ravens career was amazing.

Joe was amazing, for me, up until 2016. Then the wheels just fell off. I don't know if it was the injury or what, but he just got derailed.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe deserves it for being the best quarterback the Ravens have ever had, but that doesn't mean his play throughout the entirety of his Ravens career was amazing.

Joe was amazing, for me, up until 2016. Then the wheels just fell off. I don't know if it was the injury or what, but he just got derailed.

He deserves Ring of Honor just for that SB run alone, but he also led this team to the playoffs every year before that and gave us a chance to win it all every season. He hasn't been the same since his knee injury and has only shown flashes of what he once was, but if any Ravens fan gets "triggered" by Joe getting into the ROH then they're not a true Ravens fan. We should all appreciate what Joe did for this franchise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I prefer the term stupid, but lets go with interesting instead.
According to him he’s a OLB freshman on varsity in high school with scholarship offers, he wasn’t faked out so nobody will be faked out and he knows all! Lmfao. Dude fakes out the CAMERA and his own rb regularly.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to him he’s a OLB freshman on varsity in high school with scholarship offers, he wasn’t faked out so nobody will be faked out and he knows all! Lmfao. Dude fakes out the CAMERA and his own rb regularly.

It's gonna be awkward when he goes to 'Bama and then gets drafted by the Ravens 4 years later.

flynismo

Practice Squad

Ah. High school kid. I miss those days when I knew it all.
I can't believe I'm saying this, because I feel like this is so obvious it should go without saying, but Lamar has incredible change of direction skills. He reminds me of Reggie Bush in that regard, especially the way he has the ability to wait until the absolute last instant (when the defender has already committed to a trajectory or action) until he ducks and weaves.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
........... I might regret thiis but..

Link please?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ah. High school kid. I miss those days when I knew it all.
I can't believe I'm saying this, because I feel like this is so obvious it should go without saying, but Lamar has incredible change of direction skills. He reminds me of Reggie Bush in that regard, especially the way he has the ability to wait until the absolute last instant (when the defender has already committed to a trajectory or action) until he ducks and weaves.
I'm not too sure Bush is the guy he reminds me of.. I think Bush's directional skills are certainly compareable but Lamar doesn't have the Long speed he had. I don't think Lamar is going to bust out a sustained 80 yard TD run at the pro level....(now watch as he does it next week and makes me look like an idiot). I do think Lamar would've been higher rated than Saquon as a RB though..........
Come at me Giants fans. He's one of two players that runs your offense. Still doesn't compare to Lamar...

Prepare to debate about a (Two) generational talent(s)!

flynismo

Practice Squad
I'm not too sure Bush is the guy he reminds me of.. I think Bush's directional skills are certainly compareable but Lamar doesn't have the Long speed he had. I don't think Lamar is going to bust out a sustained 80 yard TD run at the pro level....(now watch as he does it next week and makes me look like an idiot). I do think Lamar would've been higher rated than Saquon as a RB though..........
Come at me Giants fans. He's one of two players that runs your offense. Still doesn't compare to Lamar...

Prepare to debate about a (Two) generational talent(s)!

Well yeah, I was only referring to the directional skills. I've seen Bush literally change direction in midair. Don't even ask me how that is possible, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

But if Flacco can bust out a 38 yard TD, I feel comfortable assuming Lamar will break off a couple 40+ yarders every year