• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well yeah, I was only referring to the directional skills. I've seen Bush literally change direction in midair. Don't even ask me how that is possible, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

But if Flacco can bust out a 38 yard TD, I feel comfortable assuming Lamar will break off a couple 40+ yarders every year
I could see Lamar do that.

It's a shame though. Flacco was always a really underrated athlete. He's not Aaron Rodgers but let's not pretend that the dude was a statue in the pocket at the start of his career either like Peyton Manning was.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was mentioned in another thread, but can we stop with this? It's stupid, immature, and annoying and way overused. It's only two people really making the joke now and it's just stale and overused.
Assuming you’re saying I’m one of the two, I’m not sure why I keep being mentioned as one that brings up the joke. I am usually on the ass end of the joke, but rarely if ever do I bring it up.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Devo highlights lamar Jackson vs bucs video
"I'm getting buzz as a freshman" usually signifies that he's lying and trying to flex his ego on you because he knows he's out of line. If NFL edge rushers are falling for his fakes, which the are, then this high school kid better be the next Lawrence Taylor.... Minus the sexual misconduct.

This is akin to RBates saying that the run first QBs are the future because of Colin Kaepernick and RGIII and that a statue like Flacco would never win a ring because he claimed to be on a practice squad once.

His passing stats won't look impressive until he hopefully improves as a passer in the off-season, but as long as he keeps getting those Ws then that's all that matters right now.
Right. And the reason we are getting those Ws is the team stat line rushing the ball and the incredible effect that style of game has on the intensity and effectiveness of the D.

The stat lines of the team rushing performance and the D are a by product of Lamar’s play and should not be discounted when evaluating Lamar’s effect on this team.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I could see Lamar do that.

It's a shame though. Flacco was always a really underrated athlete. He's not Aaron Rodgers but let's not pretend that the dude was a statue in the pocket at the start of his career either like Peyton Manning was.
Agreed man. People talked like he was Peyton or Brady in the pocket (just not in the way I was hoping to hear lol). Flacco was at his absolute best when we had him move around, bootlegs for example.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed man. People talked like he was Peyton or Brady in the pocket (just not in the way I was hoping to hear lol). Flacco was at his absolute best when we had him move around, bootlegs for example.

Big reason why he had arguably his best year when Kubiak was OC. Also, let's not forget how many big plays he made in the SB run that were a direct result of him extending plays with his legs (the Mile High Miracle never happens if Joe doesn't avoid pressure and steps up in the pocket to give himself extra time).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not too sure Bush is the guy he reminds me of.. I think Bush's directional skills are certainly compareable but Lamar doesn't have the Long speed he had. I don't think Lamar is going to bust out a sustained 80 yard TD run at the pro level....(now watch as he does it next week and makes me look like an idiot). I do think Lamar would've been higher rated than Saquon as a RB though..........
Come at me Giants fans. He's one of two players that runs your offense. Still doesn't compare to Lamar...

Prepare to debate about a (Two) generational talent(s)!
Lamar absolutely has the ability to bust out an 80 yard td, will he that remains to be seen.

RG3 had a 70 yard TD vs. the Vikings in his rookie year (he ran a 4.43 at the combine) do you not think Lamar could do this?

To me the thing that sets our run offense apart from others is that we're not afraid to get 6 or 7 yards on 2 run plays and go ahead and run again and get a first down. 3rd and 3 or 4 is rarely a run down for any other team.

Of course, a lot of those runs are RPO where Lamar knows he or his RB can get it and we just run. The next thing you know, you have an entire TD drive and you haven't thrown the ball. Its really very different from the rest of the NFL.

Its working, so I'm all in favor of it!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I already told him a few months ago to come check it out. Hes pretty good at responding to comments. Especially with Ravens fans lol
Yeah he doesn’t do it much anymore since his channels gotten big. I can’t stand the way he crops out big chunks of highlights though, like why...