• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Why the bitching about Lamar? Ravens fans ought to give him a chance to progress in ONLY his second year. I say support him!

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
THANK YOU

You're welcome. Ravens fans let's stay positive and support out team. Yeah, Flacco is gone because of Jackson's first-year success so all let's get on the bandwagon and support our boys! CJ and Flacco are gone so let's look forward to training camp 2019.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I can help with that :lol:

But I'm more than willing to give Lamar a full offseason to work with here. We basically had an offense last year constructed over a bye week. Should get a much better idea of what to expect after this year.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I can help with that :lol:

But I'm more than willing to give Lamar a full offseason to work with here. We basically had an offense last year constructed over a bye week. Should get a much better idea of what to expect after this year.
And that offense was a fucking gimmick. I'm sorry, but it was. The offensive line ran a scheme that had to compensate for having a shitty interior(sans Yanda) and the read option was used too often.

I think we need to tamper expectations for Jackson too. He's got a ridiculously high ceiling, and had his moments of promise, but he's got a ton to work on. He's flashed enough to remain optimistic.

We also shouldn't expect him to become a pro bowler overnight. Or even next season. The first priority has to be building up the oline. We have the RBs to have success. We have enough weapons in the passing game that won't need to be ignored(yes we need to add more, but the oline is far more important right now, that's just a fact).

The work he's been putting in has been promising. Jackson is the kind of QB that needs an offensive line over anything else. Build that up, we'll win games off of rushing dominance, two TE sets, and a devestating short passing game that will make life hell for all opposing QBs. Yes, we'd need to build the WR corps, but one step at a time here.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
And that offense was a fucking gimmick. I'm sorry, but it was. The offensive line ran a scheme that had to compensate for having a shitty interior(sans Yanda) and the read option was used too often.

I think we need to tamper expectations for Jackson too. He's got a ridiculously high ceiling, and had his moments of promise, but he's got a ton to work on. He's flashed enough to remain optimistic.

We also shouldn't expect him to become a pro bowler overnight. Or even next season. The first priority has to be building up the oline. We have the RBs to have success. We have enough weapons in the passing game that won't need to be ignored(yes we need to add more, but the oline is far more important right now, that's just a fact).

The work he's been putting in has been promising. Jackson is the kind of QB that needs an offensive line over anything else. Build that up, we'll win games off of rushing dominance, two TE sets, and a devestating short passing game that will make life hell for all opposing QBs. Yes, we'd need to build the WR corps, but one step at a time here.
It was constructed over a bye week, of course it wasn't something to be permanent. Agree though that a strong running game and good defense will be the ticket. We need to get that interior O-line better and a good pass rush is vital if we want to do well this year. Otherwise it may be best for us to let Lamar take his lumps this year and focus up on 2020

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I think jackson is the type that doesnt needs an elite oline. but that only depends on how well he progress. I only say this cause i want him to be like russ wilson lol. Russ never had a great oline but someone has managed to be spectacular due to his very accurate throws on the run.. i know lamar unaccurate ass wont get there but im just saying

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think jackson is the type that doesnt needs an elite oline. but that only depends on how well he progress. I only say this cause i want him to be like russ wilson lol. Russ never had a great oline but someone has managed to be spectacular due to his very accurate throws on the run.. i know lamar unaccurate ass wont get there but im just saying
Lamar's been more accurate throwing on the run than from the pocket though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar wants to throw from the pocket, and was more accurate on the run, lamar doesn’t need an elite oline but he definitely needs an interior with 3 stout anchors, because he has really shaky mechanics that he’s just now developing, he will revert to the high all arm release every time there’s a push up the middle. When he has a clean pocket though and he is able to point the shoulder and release with strong foot placement his accuracy is honestly just fine.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt really remember all his throws on the run but the ones i do werent something that amazed me.
He had a lot where he threw back across his body on rollouts and a lot that he squeezed within 1 foot of the sideline, and many of them were spot on. It was a trend with him.

That duck he threw to Snead against the panthers may be stuck in your head lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He had a lot where he threw back across his body on rollouts and a lot that he squeezed within 1 foot of the sideline, and many of them were spot on. It was a trend with him.

That duck he threw to Snead against the panthers may be stuck in your head lol
i remember more good than bad with lamar tbh.. i do remember all the ones he threw to the ground though lol. I got faith in him but as far now im gonna let his ass have it lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i remember more good than bad with lamar tbh.. i do remember all the ones he threw to the ground though lol. I got faith in him but as far now im gonna let his ass have it lol
He had plenty of bad lol, and I’m not one to judge on highlights but one thing highlights do is let you see what someone does well, and lamar can throw, it’s just the inconsistency, and there’s a strong pattern there with it, when his mechanics are right he’s generally throwing well, and when his mechanics are off he throws ducks, if he can avoid reverting to the shit mechanics and if he progresses as a field reader then I think he’s gonna be ok, hopefully that all comes in due time but I’m ready to sit through the growing pains, and as long as he shows progress then I’ll have faith, and he showed a lot of progress to me last year, I watched a shitload of his college tape and he was vastly improved mechanically, but he had his moments where he reverted back.