• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ive been watching a lot of the recievers again lately and im not sure any of them excite me as much as the potential of Brown. Especially considering the possibilities of pairing him up with Lamar.

Id be stoked if we managed to trade down and get him.

Like if we could walk away with Brown, Lindstrom, and Winovich id be ecstatic. And maybe another big possession reciever after like whiteside or Jazz Ferguson.
Ferguson isn't really a possession type of WR. He's there to make downfield splash plays. If you're looking for a possession type of guy later on, Fulgham would make more sense.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
honestly i think brown is one of the few players we'd have to take at 22 - to me without the injury he's long gone by 22 and if he makes it there and we as a team are happy with the medicals i think you have to take him there because he's a crazy level of playmaker to still be available at that point

The more I watch of Brown, the more I want us to draft him. Deebo and Brown are the two WRs I want most in this draft.

MB34

Practice Squad
I see Lamar's back in the House . I think we will see a huge improvement in his passing skills this upcoming season.

He is a damn hard worker.

He makes very few bad throws as it is. He knew which throws to attempt as a rookie, and which ones not to. I see him having a decent second year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He makes very few bad throws as it is. He knew which throws to attempt as a rookie, and which ones not to. I see him having a decent second year.
While his decision making was a pleasant surprise for a rookie, he still made a lot of really bad throws, and most weren’t due to him attempting a stupid throw, but more the mechanics of his release breaking down in pressure moments. We all joked about joe throwing off his back foot, but when lamar does it it’s REALLY bad. That’s why getting a strong interior OL is key for lamar, because he tends to be money when he’s able to point the shoulders with a low base and step into the throw

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar is going to surprise people this upcoming season .I'm drinking the purple kool-aid.
I hope so. The video of him throwing to jaylen Smith was really discouraging, but he also looked like he was just kickin it with his boy throwing the ball around, not really trying...

Really I just hope this work he’s clearly putting in pays off, because it really is 99% about keeping his mechanics in every possible situation. I think this season could turn out really bad but next year with cap space and the ability to actually build the team in FA and another year of working on mechanics and facing adapted nfl defenses, he can make a big leap. In year 3 I have pretty good faith he becomes close to the guy we think he can be

arnie_uk

Veteran
"Ravens trade up in the third round to select Notre Dame WR Miles Boykin with the No. 93 overall pick. After taking only two WRs in the first three rounds over the last decade, Baltimore draft two WRs (Boykin and Hollywood Brown) in the first three rounds in the 2019 draft"

Mental. Eric is not ozzie anyway

Tank

Hall of Famer
"Ravens trade up in the third round to select Notre Dame WR Miles Boykin with the No. 93 overall pick. After taking only two WRs in the first three rounds over the last decade, Baltimore draft two WRs (Boykin and Hollywood Brown) in the first three rounds in the 2019 draft"

Mental. Eric is not ozzie anyway
Seems that during the past couple of years the operation of the team has tilted towards being a PR campaign rather than sticking to a prescribed formula to win the tournament. Probably driven by declining season ticket sales and people purging their PSLs. Another sign of this are TV commercials advertising the team, something never seen before in this market.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seems that during the past couple of years the operation of the team has tilted towards being a PR campaign rather than sticking to a prescribed formula to win the tournament. Probably driven by declining season ticket sales and people purging their PSLs. Another sign of this are TV commercials advertising the team, something never seen before in this market.
i said that last year lol. i personally liked orlando browns tape, but was really worried that he may have garbage work ethic and thought that was a "story" first and foremost and had hoped that i was wrong on his work ethic. also felt like lamar was more about re-igniting the fanbase by bringing an entirely different brand of football than the boring brand weve known for 11 years.

Tank

Hall of Famer
i said that last year lol. i personally liked orlando browns tape, but was really worried that he may have garbage work ethic and thought that was a "story" first and foremost and had hoped that i was wrong on his work ethic. also felt like lamar was more about re-igniting the fanbase by bringing an entirely different brand of football than the boring brand weve known for 11 years.
I said it last year as well, but really wasn’t thinking about Baby Zeus, thought he was a steal. I also had a dream of a totally ridiculous conspiracy theory where the Ravens paid him to tank the combine so he would fall to them. lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I just watched a lot of plays from our playoff L and man... if we can just let lamar make plays with feet( not talking about that qb option shit), we may have something. From what i saw and remembered, our wrs couldnt really get open ,yet he still was able make a play. Even with 12 dbs on the field he was making plays. Its like once we started letting him do him..thats when we started to make a come back. If his trash ass can just get a little more accurate and stop throwing ball all soft and shit, we should be able to work with him.

the fact that he is able to move around in the pocket the way he does is why i think we didnt foucs much on olinemen.. thats pretty similar to how hawks did things with russ wilson. Im guessing our iOL is pretty decent at run blocking since we barley get tackled for losses? anyway, our whole season really depends on lamar development and our offensive scheme..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just watched a lot of plays from our playoff L and man... if we can just let lamar make plays with feet( not talking about that qb option shit), we may have something. From what i saw and remembered, our wrs couldnt really get open ,yet he still was able make a play. Even with 12 dbs on the field he was making plays. Its like once we started letting him do him..thats when we started to make a come back. If his trash ass can just get a little more accurate and stop throwing ball all soft and shit, we should be able to work with him.

the fact that he is able to move around in the pocket the way he does is why i think we didnt foucs much on olinemen.. thats pretty similar to how hawks did things with russ wilson. Im guessing our iOL is pretty decent at run blocking since we barley get tackled for losses? anyway, our whole season really depends on lamar development and our offensive scheme..
lol 12 dbs.

but yeah lamar needs to be given the reins a little bit more. it took us 4 entire seasons and 3 postseasons to give joe the reins, and even then it was reluctant at best(remember first half vs pats in 2013 AFCCG). we reined lamar in as much as humanly possible and as soon as we said fuck it lamar let'er rip because we were down so much, he made PLAYS man. he scored 2 touchdowns in what felt like one minute, all because he was scrambling and buying time.

idk why people get so hellbent on getting qbs fundamentally perfect and making their game timing based, pressed on 3 step drops and immediate releases and shit. the ravens won a super bowl with joe flacco shuffling and scrambling and extending plays and dropping bombs as a result. the steelers won their last super bowl with big ben playing like he didnt give a fuck about a playbook and once they hired todd haley and reined ben in, they stopped winning super bowls, sure ben was passing for generational numbers, but no rings to show for it. it doesnt make sense.

now lamar needs all the fundamental and mechanical help in the world, so he NEEDS to work on it so that part of his game is functional, but theres no need to act like his best asset isnt gonna be making plays with his legs, let the kid do it, he will never be special as a dropback rhythm passer, his value comes from his legs, period.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol 12 dbs.

but yeah lamar needs to be given the reins a little bit more. it took us 4 entire seasons and 3 postseasons to give joe the reins, and even then it was reluctant at best(remember first half vs pats in 2013 AFCCG). we reined lamar in as much as humanly possible and as soon as we said fuck it lamar let'er rip because we were down so much, he made PLAYS man. he scored 2 touchdowns in what felt like one minute, all because he was scrambling and buying time.

idk why people get so hellbent on getting qbs fundamentally perfect and making their game timing based, pressed on 3 step drops and immediate releases and shit. the ravens won a super bowl with joe flacco shuffling and scrambling and extending plays and dropping bombs as a result. the steelers won their last super bowl with big ben playing like he didnt give a fuck about a playbook and once they hired todd haley and reined ben in, they stopped winning super bowls, sure ben was passing for generational numbers, but no rings to show for it. it doesnt make sense.

now lamar needs all the fundamental and mechanical help in the world, so he NEEDS to work on it so that part of his game is functional, but theres no need to act like his best asset isnt gonna be making plays with his legs, let the kid do it, he will never be special as a dropback rhythm passer, his value comes from his legs, period.

To add to your post, Cam Newton also led the Panthers to a SB appearance by making a ton of plays with his legs. We just need to let Lamar use his natural play-making ability and we should be able to win a lot of games. I really can't wait to see some of these extended plays now that we have Hollywood out there to make teams pay.