• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
what about Odell? Id put him on there before i would julio tbh
I wouldn’t put Odell, he may be the most talented wr in the league, and is capable of really freakish things, but he’s just too much of a head case and gets thrown off his game too often. Julio has made those types of freakish Odell Beckham plays so routinely for so long that people aren’t even hype over those plays anymore lol, it’s just another day at the office for him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t put Odell, he may be the most talented wr in the league, and is capable of really freakish things, but he’s just too much of a head case and gets thrown off his game too often. Julio has made those types of freakish Odell Beckham plays so routinely for so long that people aren’t even hype over those plays anymore lol, it’s just another day at the office for him.
Yeah, but generational talent is just that, a generational talent. Odell is the once in a generation talent of the two. In Julio's case, he played in the league at the same time as someone that did his stuff better, Megatron.

In terms of pure talent I would probably put Julio fourth, behind Odell, AB, and Hopkins.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Him being a head case shouldnt be the reason why he isnt a generational player though.. odell is only 5”11 and makes the same type of plays as julio, if not better. Its much harder to do what odb does at his size than what julio does at his. We have players like aj green, who if had a better qb, imo would be considered a better wr than julio. I think we will see another player like julio before we see another like odell

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but generational talent is just that, a generational talent. Odell is the once in a generation talent of the two. In Julio's case, he played in the league at the same time as someone that did his stuff better, Megatron.

In terms of pure talent I would probably put Julio fourth, behind Odell, AB, and Hopkins.
I def agree.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m the one who derailed the topic smh.

Can we please get back on track and talk about Lamar?
I told you that abuse of power was coming. Nobody believed me. I’m like Ned Stark telling everyone “Winter is coming”; well, it finally happened. First the profanity filter, now this!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I told you that abuse of power was coming. Nobody believed me. I’m like Ned Stark telling everyone “Winter is coming”; well, it finally happened. First the profanity filter, now this!
Ned Stark eh?
grBt5r.gif

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Found a comment on BR thay basically said...Ravens had 17 drops, if only 5 of those wouldve been caught.. lamar completion % would have been over .60.

Im not big on completion %’s, however i know some are and even though it doesnt change that fact that his accuracy needs improvment its still something to think about. He only threw the ball 170 times also so thats a small sample size

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
People talking about Vick and Wilson. Me, I want him to be able to move and gunsling like Odell Beckham Jr.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Found a comment on BR thay basically said...Ravens had 17 drops, if only 5 of those wouldve been caught.. lamar completion % would have been over .60.

Im not big on completion %’s, however i know some are and even though it doesnt change that fact that his accuracy needs improvment its still something to think about. He only threw the ball 170 times also so thats a small sample size
3 more would have put Lamar @ exactly 60%
When you're looking at a qb's completion % it doesn't tell you the why. It omits that your WR might have a high drop rate, some qbs have more throw aways (good incompletions) or your scheme is more of a downfield passing concept which automatically makes it harder to achieve the same completion %.
For his second season Lamar needs to minimize bad throws, i.e. stop the sidearm shit, correct grip of the ball, good mechanics. I don't expect much as you mentioned before there are too many 1st or 2nd year skill players who are also still learning their craft. I want to see the results by year 3. If he can't produce by then -> Trevor!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

So because Julio happened to play when megatron did he’s not a generational talent? What horrible logic.

I guess because Julio and AB and Hopkins are in the league right now means Odell isn’t a generational talent either.

Which he isn’t anyway. Elite =/= generational talent people. Julio is a generational talent. Odell is a really good WR.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks Julio isn’t the most absolutely freakish, most talented WR in the league is just flat out lying to themselves. Julio has been putting up insane numbers for so long that you people take it for granted.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks Julio isn’t the most absolutely freakish, most talented WR in the league is just flat out lying to themselves. Julio has been putting up insane numbers for so long that you people take it for granted.
The Falcons blowing that lead ruined more than just my bank account and Matt Ryan’s career

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Falcons blowing that lead ruined more than just my bank account and Matt Ryan’s career
I find it funny that with all the offensive weapons Matt Ryan had, he never won a Super Bowl, yet Flacco (the second quarterback taken after Ryan) has a Lombardi. I guess the big difference was that the Ravens had a defense, the Falcons not so much.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I find it funny that with all the offensive weapons Matt Ryan had, he never won a Super Bowl, yet Flacco (the second quarterback taken after Ryan) has a Lombardi. I guess the big difference was that the Ravens had a defense, the Falcons not so much.
IDK.......Ravens 2012 D wasn’t so hot, ranked in the bottom half. I think the difference has been Joe historically performing outstandingly in the post season. Ryan, pretty much the opposite.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Falcon's defense that year ranked higher than ours did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So because Julio happened to play when megatron did he’s not a generational talent? What horrible logic.

I guess because Julio and AB and Hopkins are in the league right now means Odell isn’t a generational talent either.

Which he isn’t anyway. Elite =/= generational talent people. Julio is a generational talent. Odell is a really good WR.
I agree that it makes no sense that if one player played at the same time as the other than he can't be a generational talent. That would preclude Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White from both being generational talents or Montana and Marino or Brady and Manning. Those are just a few examples.

and no way does Elite make a person a generational talent. Anyone who thinks that is dead wrong.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He is freakish for sure but you have odell at 5”11 who does the same exact stuff as julio with a worse Qb. Julio is the man but imo we have better chance at seeing another julio in the nfl before we see another odell..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idk if it makes sense but i think a big reason for that SB success, especially against the pats... is that it was hard to game plan for us.. at times our team was so inconsistent that you never knew what were gonna do or rely on... we never relied on one single player or game plan for our offense so i feel like teams couldnt single in on one thing, like how BB usually locks in on your top wr, or run game.. our team was just too versatile..

Falcons team that year was also similar to ours, but their coaches just got out smarted. Thats what i like about harbaugh, his game decisions are very good.

Reactions: cdp