• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
My boy? I never mentioned Flacco and don't care about him. But you seem to love you some Lamar. Asshole.
Hahaha yet you show up when we start talking about Joe. Regardless of the teams we beat, isn’t the point to stack wins? You act like Lamar is discredited because of who he’s beaten, trying to be funny with a lame USC comment. How’s the love of your life in Flacco doing for the Broncos?

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad
Hahaha yet you show up when we start talking about Joe. Regardless of the teams we beat, isn’t the point to stack wins? You act like Lamar is discredited because of who he’s beaten, trying to be funny with a lame USC comment. How’s the love of your life in Flacco doing for the Broncos?
Grow up son.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Joe used to extend plays! lol For a traditional tall pocket QB Joe was mobile enough to rollout and extend plays.

I would rather have a QB with better situational pocket awareness who is a little less mobile, than the opposite. Go watch the mile high miracle play in Denver, Flacco felt the blitz quickly stepped up in the pocket to avoid pressure and hit Jacoby on a 70yard bomb and the rest was history.

I know Lamar is a freak athlete but he has done absolutely zero to prove he can be a functional passing QB in this league, and our coaches and coordinators know that. Which is why they refuse to design extensive passing plays, deep shots down field, and so far I haven't seen Lamar look to audible a the line or change things up pre snap.

I'm by far not a Lamar Jackson hater, he has plenty of time to develop into a better passer, but you would think that would take some priority after a year like last year where we put up one of the historically worst offensive/passing performances in playoff history.

Great having a QB with 4.3 speed and Barry Sander jukes, but running only gets you so far. He is young though, I'll give him that. Just don't want to see this guy go the way so many other 1trick pony mobile QBs go.
Saying you aren’t a Lamar hater and then say he’s proved “absolutely zero” to show he can be a “functional” passer in the league is laughable. He certainly hasn’t proved enough that he can be among the top 10-15 passers in the league yet but he has improved and has absolutely been “functional”

As for many in the fan base harsh criticism of Lamar seems to be tied to an undying defense of Flacco. Count me among those who bristled over the lack of credit Joe received in the media for our success but let’s not create a revisionist history on his abilities. Over his career pocket awareness was not a strong suit.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Saying you aren’t a Lamar hater and then say he’s proved “absolutely zero” to show he can be a “functional” passer in the league is laughable. He certainly hasn’t proved enough that he can be among the top 10-15 passers in the league yet but he has improved and has absolutely been “functional”

As for many in the fan base harsh criticism of Lamar seems to be tied to an undying defense of Flacco. Count me among those who bristled over the lack of credit Joe received in the media for our success but let’s not create a revisionist history on his abilities. Over his career pocket awareness was not a strong suit.
This is truly sad. Joe is gone and isn't coming back. I was one of those who was always quick to rush to his defense and give him criticism when necessary. Fact is Lamar is our QB now and people just have to accept him. Joe got 11 years here. That's a long ass time for any QB in the league. He's going 120% going to be in the Ravens ring of honor the moment he retires and he gave us a lot of great memories and I will always be grateful for him getting us that SB. I think injuries just flat out claimed the guy as his mechanics and aggressiveness just looked different after his injury.

In the end, I'm happy with Lamar and cannot wait for what he's going to accomplish as a Raven. The fans here who hate on him constantly and want him to fail make me sick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
for those who subscribe: https://theathletic.com/1284582/2019...rst-nfl-start/

The Ravens had a 2nd-and-10 from the Steelers 11, and Jackson took the snap in an empty backfield. First, he glanced to the left, where wide receivers Willie Snead IV and Chris Moore were covered. Then, he looked right and threw a strike to rookie receiver Marquise Brown between two Steelers defenders in the end zone.
“It’s a great example of him sitting in the pocket, trusting his protection. I don’t know if it was a free runner, but he had some push up in his face, and he didn’t flinch. And he makes a really good, accurate throw down the middle of the field,” said Gannon, a longtime NFL quarterback and former league MVP. “To me, that’s impressive. That’s a sign of progress, just trusting the protection, going through the reads and the progressions and just seeing in front of throws.
“Look, people are so quick to label and say, ‘Oh, he’s this, or he’s that.’ He has only played a handful of games. We need to see more of his body of work.”

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When I hear someone say “I want to see him do it against a great defense”, it always makes me think they have to be mentally handicapped.

If QBs had great games against great defenses they wouldn’t be a fucking great defense you Moron.

“I want to see what he does against a patriots defense”.

He is gonna to do the same shit the rams did in the Super Bowl... struggle. And the rams were a top offensive going into that game.

What did Tom Brady the Goat do against the rams top defense in the super bowl? Struggle.

Who comes up with these moronic barometers for gauging talent? I usually hear this spewed mostly by half retarded analysts in ESPN, then echoed by fans.

Where is Lamar realistically? He is right where any normal level headed person thought he could be after his 13th start in the nfl.

“He is missing receivers”. No shit Sherlock... that’s what QBs who haven’t started a full year yet do. Although it’s way exaggerated on this forum. Ravens receivers are rarely ever wide open. I rewatch games and I rarely see where he missed a “wide open” receiver. I just read haters say that with no visual evidence.

“He doesn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.” - who do we have that can get open downfield? After the second game they always leave a safety over the top for brown.

I get it. The “derrr derrr Lamar sucks derrr derrr” crowd don’t have the football IQ to understand the OC has an offensive gameplan and play calling to go with it. Just as basic football 101 if your main targets are TE’s and they are calling a lot of multiple TE sets.... there won’t be a lot of down field passes.

It’s not that Lamar can’t throw downfield, the personnel we have mixed with the play calling doesn’t give you a lot of downfield shots.

So where is Lamar? If you just focus on passing.. he is where you would expect him to be. Average. But to exclude his legs and him gaining yards and first down with his legs is retarded.

It’s the stupidest thing to me. Moving the ball 10 yards is moving the ball 10 yards. If he runs it or throws it. He is moving the call.

Also the Steelers defense is good. The front 7 is damn good. So I’m not sure wtf you guys are talking about he should have just ran through the Steelers... just shows you aren’t paying attention to football.

Lamar has us at the top of the division, when he entire sports world had the browns winning the division and the ravens not even in the hunt.

Get off lamars hate train and just enjoy winning and possibly making it to the playoffs behind a QB that barely is In his 14th start

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
When I hear someone say “I want to see him do it against a great defense”, it always makes me think they have to be mentally handicapped.

If QBs had great games against great defenses they wouldn’t be a fucking great defense you Moron.

“I want to see what he does against a patriots defense”.

He is gonna to do the same shit the rams did in the Super Bowl... struggle. And the rams were a top offensive going into that game.

What did Tom Brady the Goat do against the rams top defense in the super bowl? Struggle.

Who comes up with these moronic barometers for gauging talent? I usually hear this spewed mostly by half retarded analysts in ESPN, then echoed by fans.

Where is Lamar realistically? He is right where any normal level headed person thought he could be after his 13th start in the nfl.

“He is missing receivers”. No shit Sherlock... that’s what QBs who haven’t started a full year yet do. Although it’s way exaggerated on this forum. Ravens receivers are rarely ever wide open. I rewatch games and I rarely see where he missed a “wide open” receiver. I just read haters say that with no visual evidence.

“He doesn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.” - who do we have that can get open downfield? After the second game they always leave a safety over the top for brown.

I get it. The “derrr derrr Lamar sucks derrr derrr” crowd don’t have the football IQ to understand the OC has an offensive gameplan and play calling to go with it. Just as basic football 101 if your main targets are TE’s and they are calling a lot of multiple TE sets.... there won’t be a lot of down field passes.

It’s not that Lamar can’t throw downfield, the personnel we have mixed with the play calling doesn’t give you a lot of downfield shots.

So where is Lamar? If you just focus on passing.. he is where you would expect him to be. Average. But to exclude his legs and him gaining yards and first down with his legs is retarded.

It’s the stupidest thing to me. Moving the ball 10 yards is moving the ball 10 yards. If he runs it or throws it. He is moving the call.

Also the Steelers defense is good. The front 7 is damn good. So I’m not sure wtf you guys are talking about he should have just ran through the Steelers... just shows you aren’t paying attention to football.

Lamar has us at the top of the division, when he entire sports world had the browns winning the division and the ravens not even in the hunt.

Get off lamars hate train and just enjoy winning and possibly making it to the playoffs behind a QB that barely is In his 14th start

PREACH!

I'm getting really tired of all the Lamar hate by our own fans. The dude still has tons of room for improvement, but to act like he hasn't already improved a lot from last year is just insane.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really quite amazing Lamar getting bashed in any sort of way. Even in our losses I more lean on the defense for that. Pocket awareness? Right now Lamar has got Joe torched!!! Better mobility. Keeps his eyes downfield instead of a quicker dumpoff and always a threat to run which could force the DB off of coverage and also leads our receivers better on shorter throws. Outstanding play action fake and by far and I mean by far has improved the running game as a whole. No disrespect to Joe. A classy guy that deserves to be in our roh but right now our offense is extremely exciting and the futures so bright we gotta wear shades :cool:. Look I'd rather have a wobbly pass that gets there than a pretty spiral that's offtarget. With 3rd and 3's or 3rd and 5's or even a little longer my confidence level is way sky higher.

Tank

Hall of Famer
same old stale shit. smh

In other news....... It’s a blast to watch Lamar run, he continues to be a special talent showing break ankle moves and speed. I will say though his passing mechanics are again looking unorthodox and spotty. Hopefully he continues to improve passing the ball.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure how anyone complains about a QB that is 10-4 (including postseason). Seriously anyone who is complaining needs to look in the mirror and then check out the record of the QB prior to Lamar Jackson taking over.

I do not think its fair to put losses or wins on the QB and while the QB position is very important I think its a tad crazy how analysts like to attribute a win/loss record to solely that position as though the QB does not have an OLine, receivers and RBs who help him succeed and a defense that he literally cannot contribute to (though its funny to watch certain "analysts" act like the reason some defenses are number 1 are because of the QB). Last year the Ravens had a top defense and a soft end of season schedule which is a big reason why the team did well.

The team doing well though is no more a mark for Jackson then the team doing poorly would be a mark against him. Lamar has looked a little off now for 4 games in a row passing but at least against the Bengals his running is on point. On the other hand, its crazy to say he has shown nothing that says he can be a functional passer unless the definition of that word redefines functional to the point where none of the 5 QBs drafted showed that. To be fair though none of the 5 QBs have established themselves firmly as "franchise" QBs. Some of them are closer then others, but there are none who have showed me that they are for certain "the guy" of the next 10-15 years.

Tank

Hall of Famer
This is truly sad. Joe is gone and isn't coming back. I was one of those who was always quick to rush to his defense and give him criticism when necessary. Fact is Lamar is our QB now and people just have to accept him. Joe got 11 years here. That's a long ass time for any QB in the league. He's going 120% going to be in the Ravens ring of honor the moment he retires and he gave us a lot of great memories and I will always be grateful for him getting us that SB. I think injuries just flat out claimed the guy as his mechanics and aggressiveness just looked different after his injury.

In the end, I'm happy with Lamar and cannot wait for what he's going to accomplish as a Raven. The fans here who hate on him constantly and want him to fail make me sick.

Not sure if I’ve read true “Lamar hate”, but you’re 100% correct that he’s the Ravens QB now and should be supported. It does seem there are some here that think anything negative brought up about LJ equates to “hate” and they immediately go down the “Flacco lover” road. It’s sickening, old, has nothing to do with truth and is obvious trolling.

Edit;.....Just went back and read some of the recent posts so I will temper my comments with a bit of “very little, not much”. lol

Last edited: