• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Taking the absolutely sure 1st down when it is 3rd down is the smart thing to do. 3rd and 10 from your own 10 ... OMG we need a 1st at all costs and risking an incomplete pass to get a big play isn't worth the sure thing. But what happened? He got the big play anyway, gaining nearly 30 yards - because he's Lamar.

That 7 minute FG drive was a back breaker.
@rossihunter2

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
How much more capital can they really expend especially when average pass rushers are VERY overpaid?

You have a TE on a second contract, 2 rookie deal high draft picks, both tackles on a rookie deal, and Marshall Yanda being a stud. That's more investment then the 15 years prior combined and there should be no way more is still needed.

The defense needs an infusion of young talent or it will be in real trouble next year.
Yannick is not yet 24 yo.
Hollywood goes down with injury, there's nobody else on offense who can consistently get open apart from Andrews. Then Lamar looks all the reads and if Mark is double covered, he has to scramble.
So, yes - I'd pick top WR available at our 1st round pick, then load up D with remaining picks.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Hollywood goes down with injury, there's nobody else on offense who can consistently get open apart from Andrews. Then Lamar looks all the reads and if Mark is double covered, he has to scramble.
So, yes - I'd pick top WR available at our 1st round pick, then load up D with remaining picks.
i think we may have a better chance at going with a defender in the 1st. Lots of wrs, qbs and oline will be going in the 1st it seems like so maybe a good wr could fall to us in the 2nd?

Pats put Josh Gordon on IR despite a minor injury and moved on with Sanu, word is Gordon is going to be medically cleared soon and ask for his release.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pats put Josh Gordon on IR despite a minor injury and moved on with Sanu, word is Gordon is going to be medically cleared soon and ask for his release.
Players are getting sick of bellichicks shit lol.

Soon any player with even the slightest bit of ego will not want to go there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dunno about that. I like the rationale, but the edge rush/DT class is very top heavy and the wr class is really talented throughout. We’re also discounting boykins development with that strategy.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

At some point you have to have faith in your other 1st round pick and other 3rd round pick to develop (or at least get snaps). The front 7 has no depth and outside of Judon no real pass rushing threat at all. They need a big time pass rushing threat and those are not available in the back half of the second round or for less then 10m per year which they Ravens cannot really afford (their cap space is largely an illusion).

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-25_13-40-43.png