• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tend to scour for Lamar Jackson's videos and highlights and when I come upon one that I thoroughly enjoyed I want all of you to have the same joy. Here's a collection of Lamar's top 10 college runs. If it's been posted already please ignore. Otherwise sit back and enjoy the ride.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Well according to Mike Francesa Lamar will never win a playoff game. Says it’s impossible with his play style.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Anyone who rewatches games, can you tell how often Lamar checks or audibles. Not sure if he does at all, but just curious how much he's actually allowed to do.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
A tribute to Lamar Jackson by a wide eyed and enthralled fan:

Look Lamar Jackson is a once in a lifetime type talent. In each sport such athletes come along very rarely. In basketball you had a few like MJ, Kobe and LeBron. In hockey you had Gretzky. Lamar has the same potential trajectory as these guys in that he can take a team and will it to win week in and week out regardless of how little support the rest of the team is providing. So, he has just begun his advent into stardom.

I equate his current situation to that of Michael Jordan when he started in the league. He was uber talented but no pundits hailed him as the greatest. He got mauled by the Pistons regularly. Yet he persisted with great work ethic and desire to win, both qualities that Lamar Jackson shares. He'll be the most unstoppable force (individually) in the history of the NFL. He can essentially be best passer (because of the work he puts in, natural arm strength and ability to read defenses) like a Mahomes in a year or two, but he is already a 6'2" Barry Sanders with back breaking speed when he has the ball in his hands.

Quite simply, you are right to be excited because you are seeing the evolution of Lamar Jackson as QB of the Baltimore Ravens. Soon, you'll have to share him with literally every football loving fan in the world. Such is his appeal and such is his impending greatness.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A tribute to Lamar Jackson by a wide eyed and enthralled fan:

Look Lamar Jackson is a once in a lifetime type talent. In each sport such athletes come along very rarely. In basketball you had a few like MJ, Kobe and LeBron. In hockey you had Gretzky. Lamar has the same potential trajectory as these guys in that he can take a team and will it to win week in and week out regardless of how little support the rest of the team is providing. So, he has just begun his advent into stardom.

I equate his current situation to that of Michael Jordan when he started in the league. He was uber talented but no pundits hailed him as the greatest. He got mauled by the Pistons regularly. Yet he persisted with great work ethic and desire to win, both qualities that Lamar Jackson shares. He'll be the most unstoppable force (individually) in the history of the NFL. He can essentially be best passer (because of the work he puts in, natural arm strength and ability to read defenses) like a Mahomes in a year or two, but he is already a 6'2" Barry Sanders with back breaking speed when he has the ball in his hands.

Quite simply, you are right to be excited because you are seeing the evolution of Lamar Jackson as QB of the Baltimore Ravens. Soon, you'll have to share him with literally every football loving fan in the world. Such is his appeal and such is his impending greatness.
I mean, sure, little crazy but sure.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely. Like, crazy to say this so early
certainly is crazy.

BTW, anyone listen to that Steelers podcast about missing out on Lamar Jackson in the draft. They are so pissed that he isn't in Black & Gold. It was so fun to listen to that podcast.