• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
certainly is crazy.

BTW, anyone listen to that Steelers podcast about missing out on Lamar Jackson in the draft. They are so pissed that he isn't in Black & Gold. It was so fun to listen to that podcast.
That podcaster is clearly enamored by Lamar Jackson and his skill set for sure!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not as crazy as it's too bloody early.
I mean MJ, Gretzky, Kobe.....
Well my comparison to these guys was when they started out too. Not when they became household names. They had special skills in the sport they played but had that something extra. Humility, competitiveness, work ethic, desire to suffocate opponents by never letting up, and the other qualities that make up a special super star. It is a unique admixture of qualities that make them transcendental and once in a lifetime type athletes. All my comparison did was to state that Lamar Jackson ever since he started playing college football has exhibited the same characteristics for those that have cared to see them.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
certainly is crazy.

BTW, anyone listen to that Steelers podcast about missing out on Lamar Jackson in the draft. They are so pissed that he isn't in Black & Gold. It was so fun to listen to that podcast.

Okay, so I tried to listen to that podcast, but I could only get through about two minutes before I couldn't take the dude's voice any more. He also talks really slow like he's speaking to a bunch of kindergartners (which makes sense honestly being directed towards Steelers fans).

purp

Practice Squad
A tribute to Lamar Jackson by a wide eyed and enthralled fan:

Look Lamar Jackson is a once in a lifetime type talent. In each sport such athletes come along very rarely. In basketball you had a few like MJ, Kobe and LeBron. In hockey you had Gretzky. Lamar has the same potential trajectory as these guys in that he can take a team and will it to win week in and week out regardless of how little support the rest of the team is providing. So, he has just begun his advent into stardom.

I equate his current situation to that of Michael Jordan when he started in the league. He was uber talented but no pundits hailed him as the greatest. He got mauled by the Pistons regularly. Yet he persisted with great work ethic and desire to win, both qualities that Lamar Jackson shares. He'll be the most unstoppable force (individually) in the history of the NFL. He can essentially be best passer (because of the work he puts in, natural arm strength and ability to read defenses) like a Mahomes in a year or two, but he is already a 6'2" Barry Sanders with back breaking speed when he has the ball in his hands.

Quite simply, you are right to be excited because you are seeing the evolution of Lamar Jackson as QB of the Baltimore Ravens. Soon, you'll have to share him with literally every football loving fan in the world. Such is his appeal and such is his impending greatness.

Always better to be early than late. I see the same thing you see. The kid is straight up lightning on a football field. I still can’t believe he’s a Raven.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Okay, so I tried to listen to that podcast, but I could only get through about two minutes before I couldn't take the dude's voice any more. He also talks really slow like he's speaking to a bunch of kindergartners (which makes sense honestly being directed towards Steelers fans).

its like hes telling a boring story to a load of kids but thinks its the most exciting and interesting thing anyone could ever have possibly heard

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I remember when i to defend lamar because of how people here were saying how bad wonderlic score and interviews were lol.. shit dont mean anything.. the worst speaker in the room still gets A’s on the exams.

I remember when i to defend lamar because of how people here were saying how bad wonderlic score and interviews were lol.. shit dont mean anything.. the worst speaker in the room still gets A’s on the exams.
I can’t remember who it was but yeah I remember a couple people going on about his wonderlic score and how that meant he wouldn’t be able to handle the complexities of the game that must be grasped by an NFL QB. I don’t track who said what on the board but I thought Sami was one but maybe I think that only only because he tend to be a tad negative...

There are reasons why every team passed on him and a perceived inability to throw from the pocket was only one of the reasons. Another may likely be perceived intelligence. In the end teams know the QB is the face of the franchise and they didn’t see Lamar as the guy they’d want to be their rep. He doesn’t fit the golden boy model that teams want.

Their loss our gain.