• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley

John Harbaugh was asked about Steve Young's assertion that Lamar Jackson should follow Deshaun Watson's lead of being able to win from the pocket. "I wasn’t listening to the critics and the so-called experts before," Harbaugh said. "Why change and listen to them now?"

Lamar was mostly beating the Texans FROM THE POCKET. He didn't run like he normally does and was winning with his arm inside the pocket. Steve Young is an idiot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley

John Harbaugh was asked about Steve Young's assertion that Lamar Jackson should follow Deshaun Watson's lead of being able to win from the pocket. "I wasn’t listening to the critics and the so-called experts before," Harbaugh said. "Why change and listen to them now?"

Lamar was mostly beating the Texans FROM THE POCKET. He didn't run like he normally does and was winning with his arm inside the pocket. Steve Young is an idiot.
Did Steve Young say this before the game or after?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Did Steve Young say this before the game or after?
Before. It wasn't as egregious as it sounds - we all know Lamar can't do the running part of his game at this ridiculous level for 10 years. Young's advice was positive. The only thing that bothers me a little is that they don't see Lamar is doing that already.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Before. It wasn't as egregious as it sounds - we all know Lamar can't do the running part of his game at this ridiculous level for 10 years. Young's advice was positive. The only thing that bothers me a little is that they don't see Lamar is doing that already.
yep, I listened to it. It wasn't really that bad.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a legit question here but could Lamar surpass Ray Lewis as the most motivational player in team history? He isn’t the same kind of leader as Lewis but he inspires everyone around him to be better almost as if he wills them to be better. It’s eerily similar to Lewis. I honesty think it could happen and I understand it’s a little early because Lewis was here forever but I think Lamar can take the title if he keeps this up. Everyone seems to support him more than any player I’ve ever seen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This from Hensley:

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson currently leads all players in Pro Bowl voting:
Lamar Jackson 44,048 votes
Patrick Mahomes 36,390
Russell Wilson 36,197
Dalvin Cook 30,943
Christian McCaffrey 29,773
CQRxu30VAAAMPC2.png-large.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have a legit question here but could Lamar surpass Ray Lewis as the most motivational player in team history? He isn’t the same kind of leader as Lewis but he inspires everyone around him to be better almost as if he wills them to be better. It’s eerily similar to Lewis. I honesty think it could happen and I understand it’s a little early because Lewis was here forever but I think Lamar can take the title if he keeps this up. Everyone seems to support him more than any player I’ve ever seen.

i think for the first time in forever the leader of this team is someone who's one of the guys (maybe reed was like that too) - ray lewis was an emotional leader but he wasnt like anyone else on the team in the way he was - he was a preacher and forced people to buy into what he was saying, joe was this upstanding guy who never got hot or cold but was a steady presence that everyone could rely on but wasnt particularly personable or charismatic, t sizzle was someone who led in terms of what he did on the field but he was never the emotional leader of this team even after ray and ed left in the same way, ed's probably the closest to what we have now in lamar

he's personable, he's put on a pedestal by his teammates because they want to uplift him, not because he's different to them, it's like he's a friend to everyone of his teammates and they are motivated by that - he engenders good will from everyone around him in a way that even ray never did and maybe that changes as he gets older and stops being one of the young guys but he's started awesome and i agree with you

this may be controversial, while ray's speeches pre-game in highlights packages on the bbc in england about 9 years ago were what drew me to the ravens, i much prefer this kind of leadership, this kind of charisma

then again we've not seen lamar have to rally his team yet because his team's never been in a tough spot that really needed that kind of a rally - maybe that'll look a little different - that'll be the real tester - what does it look like when lamar's leading this team when it's making mistakes and not winning

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
This from Hensley:

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson currently leads all players in Pro Bowl voting:
Lamar Jackson 44,048 votes
Patrick Mahomes 36,390
Russell Wilson 36,197
Dalvin Cook 30,943
Christian McCaffrey 29,773
Too bad he'll be too busy to play in his 1st Pro Bowl.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh FFS. Is this gonna be the new thing (not you) where Vick talks about LJ often?

I remember when he brushed off lamar and moved on to kyler murray saying how murray is more similar to him during the draft period. Now hes back on the lamar train lol.