• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
this organisation is just better at this than almost every other organisation in the league
I tend to go onto walterfootball.com to see the draft rumors and they rarely get any information on the Ravens because we are so secretive and that's great thing when it comes to draft time.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
this organisation is just better at this than almost every other organisation in the league

Funny cause I still heard rumors.

Lamar is going to earn a pro bowl invite his first full season starting and is in the MVP race. This must be how the Chiefs felt last year and I still can't believe it.

I want no parts of either, but would be intrigued to see him playing with those guys in a glorified scrimmage. I think this off season will be fun depending on who's extended. We're about to see players wanting to come here on the offensive side.

I'm still in awe of the leap he's taken in his second season. He showed the decision making last year and the ability to read a defense. Another year just working on the fundamentals and weight training should have the league shook. Hope we can keep this staff together another 2 seasons. Just happy for his and the teams' success.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I tend to go onto walterfootball.com to see the draft rumors and they rarely get any information on the Ravens because we are so secretive and that's great thing when it comes to draft time.
Walter football rarely get any real information and it's not because Ravens are keeping it quiet.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Walter football rarely get any real information and it's not because Ravens are keeping it quiet.
it's true, but some of the information I've picked up has been helpful in formulating a mock, but it's not the only source I use. It's one of them, although ironically I don't use any of their mock drafts. Hate both Walter and Charlie's mock drafts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Lamar is going to earn a pro bowl invite his first full season starting and is in the MVP race. This must be how the Chiefs felt last year and I still can't believe it.

I want no parts of either, but would be intrigued to see him playing with those guys in a glorified scrimmage. I think this off season will be fun depending on who's extended. We're about to see players wanting to come here on the offensive side.

I'm still in awe of the leap he's taken in his second season. He showed the decision making last year and the ability to read a defense. Another year just working on the fundamentals and weight training should have the league shook. Hope we can keep this staff together another 2 seasons. Just happy for his and the teams' success.
I almost think if Lamar was voted in but fell short of the super bowl, he would decline it, just to further drive home the point that he doesn’t care about the accolades.

But then again, he would probably go just to play another game with his teammates

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i dont know that there were rumours but there were some analysts etc. who suggested that it would make some sense

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I almost think if Lamar was voted in but fell short of the super bowl, he would decline it, just to further drive home the point that he doesn’t care about the accolades.

But then again, he would probably go just to play another game with his teammates

dude loves playing football - he would go because if he's actually invited it would be the last football he'd be allowed to play with NFL players and coaches until OTAs except for individual workouts with random wrs in florida (if he does that with coach joshua harris again)

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
The fact that Eric and Ozzie were so secretive about wanting Lamar it makes it all the more impressive that Mike Mayock had us drafting Lamar in his mock, albeit much higher than 32. Certain mocks obviously don't account for trades etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The fact that Eric and Ozzie were so secretive about wanting Lamar it makes it all the more impressive that Mike Mayock had us drafting Lamar in his mock, albeit much higher than 32. Certain mocks obviously don't account for trades etc.
yes, he had us taking him at 16.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

should have looked at him historically being pretty good with ravens picks probably would have given us a massive clue lol:

2013 had us taking matt elam
2014 had us taking CJ mosley
2015 had us taking marcus peters (who we were incredibly interested in but went ahead of us)

had a couple of bad years in 2016 and 2017 where my guess is he had no idea what we wanted to do - in 2016 he had us trading down and taking josh doctson, in 2017 he had us taking haason reddick (tbf we were apparently interested in reddick)

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
yes, he had us taking him at 16.

I was excited about the prospect of that happening too. After passing on Derwin James and eventually Calvin Ridley for Hayden Hurst I was a little bummed but the moment we traded up to the bottom of the first round was the best draft moment I've experienced since I started watching the draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was excited about the prospect of that happening too. After passing on Derwin James and eventually Calvin Ridley for Hayden Hurst I was a little bummed but the moment we traded up to the bottom of the first round was the best draft moment I've experienced since I started watching the draft.
I also had us taking Lamar Jackson in two of my mock drafts. I had us taking him at 32 and 16 in both of those mocks.

It was definitely excited. I instantly knew this was going to change the franchise to a more offensive team, but didn't expect it to happen this quickly.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
EJvntj-XUAEYTgx
And the top 5 QBs are black. This will make some racists squirm. You LOVE to see it.