• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we do less designed runs with lamar do you all think that would make our offense not so effective?
Why would we unless it is proving to be ineffective. All the data up to this point suggests that incorporating such runs is what makes Lamar literally unstoppable. I think we evolve our offense even more incorporating more run concepts that turn into passes and vice versa, keeping defenses guessing and our receivers open.

Eddie

Practice Squad
Why would we unless it is proving to be ineffective. All the data up to this point suggests that incorporating such runs is what makes Lamar literally unstoppable. I think we evolve our offense even more incorporating more run concepts that turn into passes and vice versa, keeping defenses guessing and our receivers open.

I hear what you are saying, but we have to keep Lamar healthy. Any Super Bowl aspirations are out of the window with either RG3 or McSorley!

Lamar done a great job of protecting himself all year, however down the stretch of the season there was at least one concerning hit per game. Rams, 49ers, Bills, Jets & Browns.

I say follow the Russel Wilson example. 8 straight winning seasons and has played 16 regular season games every single year, let alone postseason!

I believe the plan every year is to decrease Lamar's carries and increase his passing as he continues to improve as a passer. Steve Biscotti detailed this when he went on his niece Taylor's podcast prior to the Rams game back in November.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...ICahcKEwiYgpyJjPfnAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBQ&hl=en-GB

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Lamar Jackson weaknesses to be improved for year 3 discussion

Not that I'm hoping and wishing that we're in this scenario, but can Lamar bring us back from 14+ point deficit? He came close against the Chiefs this past season and not so much against the Titans (don't get us started with the Browns pt.1 game). But to be fair, it's not just him, it's the entire offense (and defense for that matter).