• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Eddie

Practice Squad
Not that I'm hoping and wishing that we're in this scenario, but can Lamar bring us back from 14+ point deficit? He came close against the Chiefs this past season and not so much against the Titans (don't get us started with the Browns pt.1 game). But to be fair, it's not just him, it's the entire offense (and defense for that matter).

Yes this is the major question heading into 2020.

Hence why I believe it so critical for an upgrade at WR and Lamar needs another offseason jump in regard to his passing. Hopefully they send him to LA to work with Tom House to sort out his mechanics and footwork once and for all. Maybe even his grip? Still seems to struggle to throw a spiral consistently.

I believe he has the talent to do it, but lets not forget I believe he is a year ahead of schedule according to Coach Joshua Harris. With maturity should come composure, poise, better decision making etc.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What I think was Lamar’s biggest weakness was the way he would ignore potential targets. He was excellent at going through progressions, but on a good number of snaps he would lock in on either Hollywood or andrews, I know he missed quite a few big plays to Boykin including an easy TD vs the titans because he was locked in on his 2 favorites.

maybe it’s the design, or maybe it’s Lamar just not trusting a guy to get open so he doesn’t waste time in his progression looking that way, but that’s a thing that’s gotta he fixed. He does so damn good looking off safeties and LBs and dictating coverages, but he can’t capitalize if he only does it for 2 guys

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
An emphasis on spreading the wealth. Andrews was great but like most have you have said before it seems like he locks in on key guys. Accuracy he is going to be working on, I am not worried about that. However he did miss open keys because he would key in on Andrews ALOT.

Eddie

Practice Squad
Not that I'm hoping and wishing that we're in this scenario, but can Lamar bring us back from 14+ point deficit? He came close against the Chiefs this past season and not so much against the Titans (don't get us started with the Browns pt.1 game). But to be fair, it's not just him, it's the entire offense (and defense for that matter).
Joe Burrow as a passer 2018 v 2019 = Lamar Jackson as a passer 2019 v 2020?

2018:
2019:

Look at the improvements Joe Burrow made in the 2019 offseason dedicating his summer to working on his footwork. The difference between 2018 and 2019 is night and day. In 2019 he is hitting his receivers in stride, whereas in 2018 there are inaccurate overthrows. Furthermore, Joe's dropback in 2019 is almost robotic providing consistency and I say this as I believe Lamar could benefit highly from a similar process. I bring this comparison up as Joe Burrow sought the help of QB Guru Tom House as did Lamar last summer. Did you know Lamar Jackson is actually younger than Joe Burrow? ;)

Looking back on both the Chiefs and Titans games, even though the 2019 Ravens weren't really built to come from behind, Lamar's footwork really let him down. Unfortunately leading to a number of errant throws. On the other hand, MNF @ Rams may have been his best game of his career from a technical stand point.

Crazy to think Lamar already has a Heisman Trophy & an NFL MVP at the age of 23 and is still a developing player! This development as a passer may arguably be more crucial to securing a Lombardi trophy while on his rookie deal than any free agent signing or players drafted.
Roughly 6 months to go until opening day...CAN'T WAIT!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
An emphasis on spreading the wealth. Andrews was great but like most have you have said before it seems like he locks in on key guys. Accuracy he is going to be working on, I am not worried about that. However he did miss open keys because he would key in on Andrews ALOT.
100% facts

Eddie

Practice Squad

I messaged the kid who originally uploaded this video on instagram... Haha

See image attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 188

Eddie

Practice Squad
He shouldn't take risks like that with moving cars on the road! He is a national treasure.

Similar to Mahomes getting banned from playing Basketball by the Chiefs after posting on social media last offseason...

Steve Bisciotti may have made a call. Haha

Eddie

Practice Squad
Joe Burrow as a passer 2018 v 2019 = Lamar Jackson as a passer 2019 v 2020?

2018:
2019:

Look at the improvements Joe Burrow made in the 2019 offseason dedicating his summer to working on his footwork. The difference between 2018 and 2019 is night and day. In 2019 he is hitting his receivers in stride, whereas in 2018 there are inaccurate overthrows. Furthermore, Joe's dropback in 2019 is almost robotic providing consistency and I say this as I believe Lamar could benefit highly from a similar process. I bring this comparison up as Joe Burrow sought the help of QB Guru Tom House as did Lamar last summer. Did you know Lamar Jackson is actually younger than Joe Burrow? ;)

Looking back on both the Chiefs and Titans games, even though the 2019 Ravens weren't really built to come from behind, Lamar's footwork really let him down. Unfortunately leading to a number of errant throws. On the other hand, MNF @ Rams may have been his best game of his career from a technical stand point.

Crazy to think Lamar already has a Heisman Trophy & an NFL MVP at the age of 23 and is still a developing player! This development as a passer may arguably be more crucial to securing a Lombardi trophy while on his rookie deal than any free agent signing or players drafted.
Roughly 6 months to go until opening day...CAN'T WAIT!

VizziniTheVainful on Reddit "The evolution of the Ravens passing attack relies on Lamar Jackson refining his footwork and the Ravens acquiring some WR talent.

Lamar Jackson's throwing mechanics are actually really good. His throwing footwork is too except occasionally has a heel click and not his front toe not being placed perfectly. His dropback footwork needs a lot of work. That's the biggest reason why he has struggled in the playoffs. Both his playoff appearance's, his interior offensive line absolutely crumbled and allowed lots of pressure. Lots of pressure means he doesn't have time to correct all that wasted movement from his dropback footwork."

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
VizziniTheVainful on Reddit "The evolution of the Ravens passing attack relies on Lamar Jackson refining his footwork and the Ravens acquiring some WR talent.

Lamar Jackson's throwing mechanics are actually really good. His throwing footwork is too except occasionally has a heel click and not his front toe not being placed perfectly. His dropback footwork needs a lot of work. That's the biggest reason why he has struggled in the playoffs. Both his playoff appearance's, his interior offensive line absolutely crumbled and allowed lots of pressure. Lots of pressure means he doesn't have time to correct all that wasted movement from his dropback footwork."
But to think though that this was his FIRST full season. I'll take this any day.