• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer

This is a pretty fair assessment I think, although we have small sample for LJ to judge the “clutch” comparison. No doubt he needs to get the post season monkey off of his back next season or it will just get bigger.

IMO the big area that needs Improvement is arm strength. While Lamar can get the ball down the field easily his throws to the outside have sometimes been weak and fluttering. Tennessee exposed this and took advantage by taking away the middle of the field. And playing December/January football in the AFCN demands strong, accurate wind beating throws.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EVa9X0rWkAAMKEj

this is awesome

JAAM

Hall of Famer
EVa9X0rWkAAMKEj

this is awesome
I actually really like the tattoo and not because I’m a Lamar homer. It’s simple but gets the point across. Love the love he has for purple. So many fake twitter accounts and Chiefs fans hating on it lol. It’s amusing at this point. Florida boys are just a different breed that a lot of folks don’t seem to understand. It’s OKAY to be different

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I go back to 1986-87-88 of the MJ era when Isaiah Thomas was the chosen one. This is exactly who Mahomes is - Isaiah Thomas. Once MJ had Pippen by his side and kept getting better in every area, he was essentially unstoppable. It'll be the same exact scenario with our young man, Lamar Jackson who in my view is the second coming of MJ. I speak out of personal experience having seen both in their primes. I came away feeling the same sense of awe with both of them, MJ and LJ. People may scoff at me now, but 10-15 yrs from now, I'll be seen as a clairvoyant savant that rivals Nostradamus.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do these millionaires always get sub-par tattoos?!?!? Ugh. I like the idea but it could be SO MUCH BETTER when you have serious skin artists out there. Oh well, still love the kid and REALLY love that those look like Ravens feathers.......

Charm City

Pro Bowler
We've been talking about how Lamar will earn almost as much as Mahomes is projected to earn when they both sign their contracts, but I get the sense that he will ask for significantly less. His idol is Tom Brady, and Tom showed the rest of the league that the recipe for super bowls is to ask for a little less in your own contract so that your team has the funds to surround you with better talent. Now I'm not saying that we low ball Lamar, because that would be disrespectful if he keeps his play up, but I hope he agrees to something like 25 mil/year mostly guaranteed so that we can at least pay Stanley and Orlando Brown top 5 tackle money and retain them. Those two will be worth way more to him than a few million dollars.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've been talking about how Lamar will earn almost as much as Mahomes is projected to earn when they both sign their contracts, but I get the sense that he will ask for significantly less. His idol is Tom Brady, and Tom showed the rest of the league that the recipe for super bowls is to ask for a little less in your own contract so that your team has the funds to surround you with better talent. Now I'm not saying that we low ball Lamar, because that would be disrespectful if he keeps his play up, but I hope he agrees to something like 25 mil/year mostly guaranteed so that we can at least pay Stanley and Orlando Brown top 5 tackle money and retain them. Those two will be worth way more to him than a few million dollars.
I tend to agree with you. He has a heart of gold and the purpose of success. If anybody will take less to make sure his teammates are also compensated, it is Lamar Jackson. But, I don't think the Ravens are going to take advantage of the situation either. What I expect them to do is give him the longest contract with the most guaranteed money but for a lower average (not the highest) for a QB in the NFL and be able to work the cap space that way over say 10 yrs. With the increasing cap, his deal will look more and more reasonable over time.

But, I must agree with the general theme of your post because I've thought about it as well and feel the same way.