• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
put on the week 16 game and some of the Titans game to just go back and watch Lamar at the end of the year

it feels like a different world for many reasons but it's so easy to forget how amazing he is - like conceptually i know it but watching the final 2 minutes of the 1st half against the browns was outrageous - the throws and decisions he's making are elite - titans wasnt his best game at all but it was still over 500 yards of total offence on a down day where he had drops and a couple of INTs

what showed up the most though was that in the passing game we really were missing another weapon - hollywood's going to be amazing in year 2 and andrews is already great going into year 3 but we need another weapon in the passing game - dont really care what position they play (or if they even have a position at all)
I’m become more enamored by the day with the thought of trading a 2, 3, and 4 to move up for one of the big 3, and then still having a pick in each of the first 4 rounds.

If you told me before the comp picks and trades, that we could get one of jeudy, lamb, or ruggs, and have a haul like a Robert Hunt or a tier 2 DT and dye/davis-Gaither/Kareem/highsmith/gay jr. on day 2, I’d say no way is that possible and we also wouldn’t be able to top that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
https://www.totalprosports.com/2020...-jackson-on-twitter-ravens-qb-responds-tweet/

First of all, Lamar responding with “truzz Trump” is literally the coolest shit ever lmfao.

secondly, Lamar is about to go from the black community’s favorite athlete, to 2019 Kanye West overnight, because of a 2 word tweet. Because anything involving trump just has to be volatile as fuck and cause a complete meltdown from millions of people.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.totalprosports.com/2020...-jackson-on-twitter-ravens-qb-responds-tweet/

First of all, Lamar responding with “truzz Trump” is literally the coolest shit ever lmfao.

secondly, Lamar is about to go from the black community’s favorite athlete, to 2019 Kanye West overnight, because of a 2 word tweet. Because anything involving trump just has to be volatile as fuck and cause a complete meltdown from millions of people.

this is what his blindside protector thought of the 2-word tweet tbf...

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Yea it’s pretty sad honestly. People wanted to “cancel” Kanye (my favorite artist of all time) and he’s still doing fine though. Plus, I’ve seen a lot of African Americans on social media still dislike Lamar before this for whatever reason. Trump enjoyed a tweet involving Jaire’s reaction to Lamar and Lamar acknowledged it and now people will have a field day with it lol. It’ll be on CNN in an hour.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lets see, Stanley, a military child, and Orlando brown jr, a child of a pro athlete and grew up a millionaire. Now I voted trump, Wouldn’t vote for him again but also wouldn’t withdraw my vote, I refuse to vote for anyone this year because holy shit wtf, but both of these guys grew up in the exact household that trump has been most favorable towards. Why in the hell would either of them gasp at such a minor thing involving trump?

because they were fucking told to by pop culture and nothing more. That’s all folks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lets see, Stanley, a military child, and Orlando brown jr, a child of a pro athlete and grew up a millionaire. Now I voted trump, Wouldn’t vote for him again but also wouldn’t withdraw my vote, I refuse to vote for anyone this year because holy shit wtf, but both of these guys grew up in the exact household that trump has been most favorable towards. Why in the hell would either of them gasp at such a minor thing involving trump?

because they were fucking told to by pop culture and nothing more. That’s all folks.

or, and not to get too political in the non-politics thread, but maybe they 1) are comfortable enough to not think about only their own benefit and 2) care about more than just economics with regards to their politics

it's nothing to do with pop culture

It is the risk that anyone takes saying anything positive publicly about Trump or defending anything that is on the conservative side of the political spectrum. The culture cultivated by our media has successfully equated conservatism with racism, fascism, misogyny, xenophobia and the list goes on. An athlete gets a positive tweet from The President of the United States, simply gives a thankful acknowledgement and is then subject to be scorned.

Fundamentally, freedom of speech has been hindered by this tactic. I can sit on a work phone conference and before we get down to business have a chorus of people lambasting the president ... and anyone who would wish to defend him or his political view sit silent and don't dare express an opinion in the workplace. If the same kind of conversation had been taking place with regard to a liberal political figure, you can guarantee HR would be hearing from someone on the call about how this was inappropriate and those involved would potentially hear about it.

What the media doesn't understand is that a significant segment of those who vote against their wishes, do so in an act of defiance. It is also why no poll can be trusted. People on the conservative side of the spectrum are frightened to express an opinion because of how they will be labeled. They just keep their mouth shut and vote.

Sorry if getting too political, but it is a Lamar thread and this does involve Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
or, and not to get too political in the non-politics thread, but maybe they 1) are comfortable enough to not think about only their own benefit and 2) care about more than just economics with regards to their politics

it's nothing to do with pop culture
So you think it’s strictly a political and policy driven attitude towards him?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea it’s pretty sad honestly. People wanted to “cancel” Kanye (my favorite artist of all time) and he’s still doing fine though. Plus, I’ve seen a lot of African Americans on social media still dislike Lamar before this for whatever reason. Trump enjoyed a tweet involving Jaire’s reaction to Lamar and Lamar acknowledged it and now people will have a field day with it lol. It’ll be on CNN in an hour.

CNN is so trash. Don’t understand how people can watch that news outlet nowadays

Charm City

Pro Bowler
CNN is so trash. Don’t understand how people can watch that news outlet nowadays
Any news agency that is for profit is trash. They live off of selling ads and will sensationalize everything in order to get you to watch them instead of someone else

Reactions: cdp

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol it's nothing more than a joke from Lamar's end. The players are free to respond however they want and they really shouldn't be judged for it. Hollywood liked Lamar's tweet, TJ replied, Ronnie replied, and Robby Anderson replied "Tell em free yak" (Kodak). I'm fairly sure those interactions are not indicative of their political leanings, not that it matters...

It's nothing more than a joke.