• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why do these millionaires always get sub-par tattoos?!?!? Ugh. I like the idea but it could be SO MUCH BETTER when you have serious skin artists out there. Oh well, still love the kid and REALLY love that those look like Ravens feathers.......
as long as he likes it that's all that matters.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
as long as he likes it that's all that matters.

Of course. Doesnt mean I cant have an opinion lol. Shit. Ive got a few I love and my wife thinks are stupid. But theyre all technically sound. Look at the "L" in Lamar. It just floats right out of the banner. Sloppy.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
We've been talking about how Lamar will earn almost as much as Mahomes is projected to earn when they both sign their contracts, but I get the sense that he will ask for significantly less. His idol is Tom Brady, and Tom showed the rest of the league that the recipe for super bowls is to ask for a little less in your own contract so that your team has the funds to surround you with better talent. Now I'm not saying that we low ball Lamar, because that would be disrespectful if he keeps his play up, but I hope he agrees to something like 25 mil/year mostly guaranteed so that we can at least pay Stanley and Orlando Brown top 5 tackle money and retain them. Those two will be worth way more to him than a few million dollars.
I'm not super knowledgeable about Brady's contract situations (because screw him), but I thought he was able to do that because of how much his wife makes? Lamar doesn't currently have a super rich wife.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Of course. Doesnt mean I cant have an opinion lol. Shit. Ive got a few I love and my wife thinks are stupid. But theyre all technically sound. Look at the "L" in Lamar. It just floats right out of the banner. Sloppy.
never said it did and if it came out that way, it wasn't supposed to.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not super knowledgeable about Brady's contract situations (because screw him), but I thought he was able to do that because of how much his wife makes? Lamar doesn't currently have a super rich wife.
that's always been the assumption of why he took less. That being said, I always thought he would have done better if he got paid what he deserved and donated it to actual causes and not just letting the Patriots have a better cap situation.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Well I guess its time to find Lamar a super rich (but wholesome because you know his momma has to approve) wife.

Eddie

Practice Squad
If Lamar has a good season and finishes it off with at least reaching the AFC Championship game, he'll be getting around $35-$40m+ per year contract extension...

Hopefully he hires an experienced agent to at least consult his team during the negotiation process, if not actually signing with an agency!
(My god how much money could Lamar & Kevin Plank rack up for UnderArmour given the Baltimore connection!)

Lamar comes from Pompano Beach, FL...It would be irresponsible for him not to capitalize on an opportunity to start accumulating generational wealth.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not yet anyway... but he still has era8 apparel which is soon going to rival Under Armor! laugh out loud!

Charm City

Pro Bowler
If Lamar has a good season and finishes it off with at least reaching the AFC Championship game, he'll be getting around $35-$40m+ per year contract extension...

Hopefully he hires an experienced agent to at least consult his team during the negotiation process, if not actually signing with an agency!
(My god how much money could Lamar & Kevin Plank rack up for UnderArmour given the Baltimore connection!)

Lamar comes from Pompano Beach, FL...It would be irresponsible for him not to capitalize on an opportunity to start accumulating generational wealth.
Well, there are multiple different avenues to income generation. If we use Tom Brady as an example, his big thing is the TB12 program right now. Assuming he took more money and he won 3 superbowls rather than the 6 due to a worse team around him, does TB12 have as much potential income-generating capability as it does now? The same can be said for endorsements and advertisments. Does 3x Superbowl MVP Lamar Jackson who makes 30/year earn as much for his UA campaign and sneaker deal as 1x Superbowl MVP Lamar Jackson who makes 40/year? These are of course in a vacuum setting and idealized, but the point is still there to be made.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he's literally throwing it away - think the play was broken and it stopped the clock
love the first reply which is a compilation of baker throwing into double and triple coverage lol
Indeed. Lamar should consider going into real estate when he retires from the league. The amount of people's heads who he lives in rent-free is nothing short of astounding.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
put on the week 16 game and some of the Titans game to just go back and watch Lamar at the end of the year

it feels like a different world for many reasons but it's so easy to forget how amazing he is - like conceptually i know it but watching the final 2 minutes of the 1st half against the browns was outrageous - the throws and decisions he's making are elite - titans wasnt his best game at all but it was still over 500 yards of total offence on a down day where he had drops and a couple of INTs

what showed up the most though was that in the passing game we really were missing another weapon - hollywood's going to be amazing in year 2 and andrews is already great going into year 3 but we need another weapon in the passing game - dont really care what position they play (or if they even have a position at all)