• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm now engrossed with watching 'the Last Dance' featuring Michael Jordan and his exploits! Well fast forward 20 yrs from now, we'll be talking about Lamar Jackson in a similar way. Poetry in motion was how MJ was described. What do you think LJ is? Poetry in motion. MJ does things no other basketball player can even comprehend they said. What do you think LJ does. The exact same thing. It took MJ 5-6 yrs for his first championship, but after that no stopping him. It won't even take LJ that long to dominate the NFL. Just save this post if you will. You'll realize how right I was.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk that 55 is unreasonable for edwards - lots of people think of him highly but with his foot injury preventing him from testing and supposedly some teams having speed concerns - the media has consistently tabbed him in the 3rd round - 55 doesnt seem like a ridiculous proposition for me
I could easily see edwards going in the 2nd round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think he'll go in the 3rd round but i dont think he's a reach in the 2nd - i think he'll drop because of the inability to participate in the combine and some speed concerns + limited route tree on display in college but i dont think he should
I think it's possible we end up with one of Edwards and Pittman and I'd be fine with that. That being said, Edwards has a broken foot and could slip further than I expected.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I must need to go back and watch Pittman again because wow I didn’t like him AT ALL the first time I watched but he’s picking up steam on the boards I see

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I must need to go back and watch Pittman again because wow I didn’t like him AT ALL the first time I watched but he’s picking up steam on the boards I see

soft hands, moves really fluidly, has enough speed to threaten vertically, runs underneath well, finds soft spots in zone really well, great in contested situations, really smart player

you can ding him for not being elite at any one thing but i think he's a really well rounded and pretty safe receiver prospect - i dont lump him in with the other big guys like claypool and hodgins etc. (despite claypool testing well) as someone who might not be able to threaten corners downfield - pittman

he's a guy with great length who's also athletic which immediately puts him up there in the mims, higgins range of players rather than the isaiah hodgins type range

and i like him more than higgins - think he's more refined and more fluid and has shown more

i think he was done a major disservice at the senior bowl by being lumped in with chase claypool in a 'battle of the bigs' when he and mims were a different class to everyone else there

and with pittman i love seeing these types of nuggets on his film:

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Dude has some of the best hands I've seen in a while. I think his drop rate last year was 1.3%

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
soft hands, moves really fluidly, has enough speed to threaten vertically, runs underneath well, finds soft spots in zone really well, great in contested situations, really smart player

you can ding him for not being elite at any one thing but i think he's a really well rounded and pretty safe receiver prospect - i dont lump him in with the other big guys like claypool and hodgins etc. (despite claypool testing well) as someone who might not be able to threaten corners downfield - pittman

he's a guy with great length who's also athletic which immediately puts him up there in the mims, higgins range of players rather than the isaiah hodgins type range

and i like him more than higgins - think he's more refined and more fluid and has shown more

i think he was done a major disservice at the senior bowl by being lumped in with chase claypool in a 'battle of the bigs' when he and mims were a different class to everyone else there

and with pittman i love seeing these types of nuggets on his film:

Idk a lot of times I just see “fluid” as a word to use when a receiver lacks suddenness