• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just listen to what Melvin Gordon had to say in that video. That says it all. When supreme athletes are impressed enough to watch someone play instead of just the fans, you have the best player period. What do you think happened to the games that Michael Jordan played in? Exactly the same thing. I don't recall one player saying they stopped playing to see Mahomes play. He is a good QB with great weapons and an awesome coach. Lamar is a supremely talented QB that can do things nobody has done before. I'm tired of arguing Lamar's case with our own fans, man. It makes me weary. I'm not talking about you, but it is tiresome to see all these posts downplaying Lamar. Like I've said forever it seems like, just wait a few years and I'll be proven right. Everybody, their uncle and aunt will be on the Lamar bandwagon acting like they never doubted him ever!

im happy to argue the efficacy of the style of play he has but there is literally no question about the magnetism of his game - it is impossible not to enjoy the way he plays even as an opposing fan, even as an opposing player/coach...

he plays the game differently

JAAM

Hall of Famer
AB got 8 games. Just wanted to note that in here since Lamar keeps campaigning for him.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
AB got 8 games. Just wanted to note that in here since Lamar keeps campaigning for him.
Don't be shocked if he signs a cheap 2 yr deal with us to prove himself worthy. Maybe one year deal with an option for next year. The more I think about it, if Lamar and Hollywood can rein him in with Calais Campbell and just the togetherness of our locker room I think he'll be just fine. We have the best support system for troubled minds. See how we supported that pot head TE Darren Waller and also the messed up Perriman.We are equipped to handle AB (especially now he's going to be a much quieter version of himself I believe) with a contract littered with escape clauses for the team. Let's get him for 8 games. Low risk, high reward imho. He'll also help Hollywood and the other young WRs tremendously with his work ethic and route running abilities.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Don't be shocked if he signs a cheap 2 yr deal with us to prove himself worthy. Maybe one year deal with an option for next year. The more I think about it, if Lamar and Hollywood can rein him in with Calais Campbell and just the togetherness of our locker room I think he'll be just fine. We have the best support system for troubled minds. See how we supported that pot head TE Darren Waller and also the messed up Perriman.We are equipped to handle AB (especially now he's going to be a much quieter version of himself I believe) with a contract littered with escape clauses for the team. Let's get him for 8 games. Low risk, high reward imho. He'll also help Hollywood and the other young WRs tremendously with his work ethic and route running abilities.
Supporting someone that smokes weed is far differenr from Ab problems. Nothing wrong with smoking weed and there has never been. Ab has real problems. Waller and perriman didnt have issues that were tough to handle.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Anybody have a rough percentage on how much Lamar was under Center last season?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anybody have a rough percentage on how much Lamar was under Center last season?
[

QUOTE="rossihunter2, post: 244484, member: 9"]my guess is it's a tiny number but i have no actual data on it - i only remember him being under center a few times (mostly in heavy short-yardage packages)[/QUOTE]

this is a question for @Filmstudy

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

For me, its always been about winning so i dont care when people say “ 0-2 “ in playoffs because i kinda agree with them.However, lamar case has been a little bit different because he legit went from “ he should play a different position “ to leading the lg in passing tds and winning mvp. Whats worse is, say he finally does win 1 playoff game, he isnt gonna be respected till he his playoff % gets atleast .500... when it finally gets .500, they gonna say “ he wont ever win a bowl”...

once he does win a bowl, he will be in talks of being the best qb ever. Might not be the greatest but could very well be the best ever..

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
For me, its always been about winning so i dont care when people say “ 0-2 “ in playoffs because i kinda agree with them.However, lamar case has been a little bit different because he legit went from “ he should play a different position “ to leading the lg in passing tds and winning mvp. Whats worse is, say he finally does win 1 playoff game, he isnt gonna be respected till he his playoff % gets atleast .500... when it finally gets .500, they gonna say “ he wont ever win a bowl”...

once he does win a bowl, he will be in talks of being the best qb ever. Might not be the greatest but could very well be the best ever..
But even if he wins playoff games, he needs to play well because these critics will find any small thing possible to put against them.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If only colored visors were allowed in game. It just looks right on lamar lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
here's the next in a long line of pretty bad lamar takes:

which as this quote tweet suggests was ludicrous to begin with - people get weirdly offended by the smallest things lamar does
he was asked a question which he answered without advocating for anything lol...

ridiculous

Not even gonna lie i assumed he liked AB better than dez when i first heard the dez comment which is understandable.However, after finally playing with the rookies and seeing how everyone progressed, maybe he wouldve said the same thing about AB if they asked him around this time..

edit: dont remember what questioned he was asked about AB so that couldve been why he answered the way he did

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not even gonna lie i assumed he liked AB better than dez when i first heard the dez comment which is understandable.However, after finally playing with the rookies and seeing how everyone progressed, maybe he wouldve said the same thing about AB if they asked him around this time..

that's fine to say that because he clearly does like AB but the take from salfino is absolute trash no matter what jackson's thoughts are on those 2 players