• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
im shocked, lamars my guy, and i wouldnt take any qb over him, but mahomes should pretty clearly be the #1 player on this list, ANY order you want the remaining 3 with lamar and donald and russ, idc, hard to argue for or against any order, but mahomes needs to be 1 lol
Nope you're wrong my friend. I respectfully disagree. He wasn't anywhere close to being the best player in the NFL in 2019. That is the question that needs to be answered. That answer was unequivocally Lamar Jackson! Come on now!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Guys I’ve been drinking some IPAs and I GOT time tonight so I’ve been on YouTube being a Lamar stan. You should really see some of these counter arguments. I cannot get over it. Good lord I wish I had a platform where I could be more vociferous to the masses that hate on our boy.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nope you're wrong my friend. I respectfully disagree. He wasn't anywhere close to being the best player in the NFL in 2019. That is the question that needs to be answered. That answer was unequivocally Lamar Jackson! Come on now!
Lamar #1 and all I see is hate for him on twitter

Let the hate flow through you. It will only make him better.
They can hate all they want because it's mostly QB envy or closet racism. The truth is what Demariyus Randall had to say at the end of the video tribute for Lamar. If he continues to play like this he'll be the best to ever play in the NFL. That is the absolute truth. This kid is the reincarnation of Michael Jordan except he plays football. He'll be regarded in the next 7-8 yrs to be on par with the likes of Messi, Federer, MJ, Serena, etc. He'll be a world super star known around the world for his football exploits. Save this post and you'll think I'm Nostradamus. I have said it for the longest time here or anywhere else they let me, this kid is a phenom unlike anybody we've ever seen before.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
They can hate all they want because it's mostly QB envy or closet racism. The truth is what Demariyus Randall had to say at the end of the video tribute for Lamar. If he continues to play like this he'll be the best to ever play in the NFL. That is the absolute truth. This kid is the reincarnation of Michael Jordan except he plays football. He'll be regarded in the next 7-8 yrs to be on par with the likes of Messi, Federer, MJ, Serena, etc. He'll be a world super star known around the world for his football exploits. Save this post and you'll think I'm Nostradamus. I have said it for the longest time here or anywhere else they let me, this kid is a phenom unlike anybody we've ever seen before.
I think you should put A.I in there too. Not as far as winning cause he never won a ship but impact. What A.I brung to the NBA is what lamar brings to the NFL

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eh, he has too good of a supporting cast. Little overrated if you ask me.
I think if you took his supporting cast and put them on other teams, they'd be a LOT weaker players.

Tyreke Hill has speed, and Kelce is a good TE. Their RBs are the definition of average, and their WRs behind Hill are below average by NFL standards in my eyes.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a bit surprised that Lamar got number one (thought he would have gotten top 5 for sure, but didn't expect the top spot), but you could tell through the other players' interviews that they were pretty much "in awe" of Lamar's play this past season, just like the rest of us.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think if you took his supporting cast and put them on other teams, they'd be a LOT weaker players.

Tyreke Hill has speed, and Kelce is a good TE. Their RBs are the definition of average, and their WRs behind Hill are below average by NFL standards in my eyes.
I agree to the fullest man. Idk how people think mahommes has the best weapons lol. Other than tyreke and kelce, theyre are nothing. They forget that mahommes is the weapon and that everyone is a product of him and reid.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm a bit surprised that Lamar got number one (thought he would have gotten top 5 for sure, but didn't expect the top spot), but you could tell through the other players' interviews that they were pretty much "in awe" of Lamar's play this past season, just like the rest of us.
I never really care much for the top 100 but everyone know lamar was the best player in lg last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree to the fullest man. Idk how people think mahommes has the best weapons lol. Other than tyreke and kelce, theyre are nothing. They forget that mahommes is the weapon and that everyone is a product of him and reid.
I won’t downplay mahomes and I think he should’ve easily been #1, but don’t downplay his weapons like that lol, Kelce is the leagues best receiving TE and he has been since Alex Smith, tyreek hill was the leagues most explosive YAC weapon and he was used extensively in gadget plays when Alex Smith was there, these 2 were widely regarded before mahomes ever took a snap, and then mecole hardman was a bit of a phenom as a rookie as well and nobody was surprised about it and nobody except for you is implying that hardmans success as a rookie was entirely dependent on mahomes.

the chiefs literally have the most well rounded and explosive skill group in the league, second best is probably the saints or Vikings or bucs and I’d say whichever you choose for #2 is lagging way behind KC, well until this season at least since the bucs added gronk.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I won’t downplay mahomes and I think he should’ve easily been #1, but don’t downplay his weapons like that lol, Kelce is the leagues best receiving TE and he has been since Alex Smith, tyreek hill was the leagues most explosive YAC weapon and he was used extensively in gadget plays when Alex Smith was there, these 2 were widely regarded before mahomes ever took a snap, and then mecole hardman was a bit of a phenom as a rookie as well and nobody was surprised about it and nobody except for you is implying that hardmans success as a rookie was entirely dependent on mahomes.

the chiefs literally have the most well rounded and explosive skill group in the league, second best is probably the saints or Vikings or bucs and I’d say whichever you choose for #2 is lagging way behind KC, well until this season at least since the bucs added gronk.

I mean regarding the Bucs, the last time we saw Gronk he looked about as washed up as Brady did. Now maybe taking some time off to heal got him back in better shape, but until I see otherwise I am assuming he is not better than the version we saw 2 years ago (people do not normally age like Benjamin Button after all).

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not to mention the addition of Watkins last year and Andy Reid being the masterful play caller he is, it's not exactly like Mahomes hasn't been dealt a good ass hand lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean regarding the Bucs, the last time we saw Gronk he looked about as washed up as Brady did. Now maybe taking some time off to heal got him back in better shape, but until I see otherwise I am assuming he is not better than the version we saw 2 years ago (people do not normally age like Benjamin Button after all).
I know I’m just saying the bucs were already in the debate but rounding it out by adding a TE could bring them from “arguably” to “definitely” the best group, if gronk pans out, if he doesn’t then they’re still in the “arguably” category

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not to mention the addition of Watkins last year and Andy Reid being the masterful play caller he is, it's not exactly like Mahomes hasn't been dealt a good ass hand lol
Shit I forgot about Watkins lol, and now with CEH who could be a truly special back, it’s hard to debate that mahomes doesn’t have an exceptionally talented group around him

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Watkins has been there for two years, and hasn't been particularly productive in either. Basically good for about 2 games a year, and then disappears for months at a time. And that's with Mahomes throwing to him, so that's saying something.
2. Hardman is largely a one-trick receiver who also didn't produce that much, and would be a middling option on most teams, including this one. He doesn't do anything better than, say, Hollywood Brown does, and he had production issues as well.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit I forgot about Watkins lol, and now with CEH who could be a truly special back, it’s hard to debate that mahomes doesn’t have an exceptionally talented group around him
I could debate it. When I see some of those guys play on other teams, and aren't nearly as productive (like a Sammy Watkins), I think it'll become pretty obvious.

Kelce probably has 1-2 more years in him, and Hill's speed will decline in the next 3-4 years like others, and they'll move on from both.

Damien Williams, who literally does nothing special from a skill-set perspective, is a quality producer on that team. That's what Andy Reid does. He can make very average players look very good, and maximize players that have limited skill sets. Guys like Hill and Hardman aren't well-rounded, diversified receivers. They're niche players. And with Mahomes and Andy Reid, they can develop an offense to fit around those niche skills.

Kelce is the only "weapon" on that team that I think can/could fit in anywhere.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Jesus Christ thank you. Compare Hill, Watkins and Hardman to Willie Snead, Seth Roberts and a hobbled Hollywood with two big ass screws in his foot. Kelce in my opinion is 1b to Kittle’s 1a and Mandrews was playing hobbled most of the season as well. And let’s not act like Damien isn’t a good Back. He should’ve gotten MVP in the SB. This is the same system that made Alex Smith and Matt Moore look great. It also helps when you have one of the greatest offensive masterminds in NFL history calling the shots in Reid. I’d rather watch paint dry than watching RG3 play. That’s how important Lamar is to us dispute having an extremely mediocre (and that’s being generous) WR group. People need to stop downloading that KC system.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I think pat is the better qb but lamar deserves number 1 based off last season. I was watching his highlights last night and the girl i was with was asking me “ which year did he do that”.. had to explain to her that all this shit happened in one year lol. I think browns hands down have the best weapons. Hooper, odb,landry,chubb and hunt.. yea its not really close lol. Dont forget about aj green,ross,mixon and boyd( well if healthy)..

I just think instead of giving credit to pat, people try to say he has the best weapons when in reality he doesnt at all. Like you said those guys are explosive af and they also compliment each other very well but individually, i dnt think theyre the best.