• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After what I’ve seen from Watson tonight, they better stfu about him being better than Lamar. He looked shook and barely competent tonight. His scrambles were aimless and panic driven, and when David Johnson wasn’t carrying the offense, they didn’t move

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I have to imagine these numbers will change after this season. If you can't see the poll, it's 61% Watson to 39% Lamar right now.

Not watching the game, but I'm guessing 8751 people are already rethinking their answers...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
After what I’ve seen from Watson tonight, they better stfu about him being better than Lamar. He looked shook and barely competent tonight. His scrambles were aimless and panic driven, and when David Johnson wasn’t carrying the offense, they didn’t move

To be fair, Chris Jones and other Chiefs defenders were in the backfield all night. Also, Cooks was a non-factor so Watson didn't have a lot of options out there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Chris Jones and other Chiefs defenders were in the backfield all night. Also, Cooks was a non-factor so Watson didn't have a lot of options out there.
Lamar Jackson vs the chiefs in 2018 had way less to work with than Watson had last night.

Watson is not nearly as sharp or poised as Lamar, he’s not as decisive, his decision making is not nearly as quick, and obviously he’s 1/10th if spectacular football player Lamar is. Sure he’s more accurate, whoopdie doo, gimme Lamar 8 days a week

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson vs the chiefs in 2018 had way less to work with than Watson had last night.

Watson is not nearly as sharp or poised as Lamar, he’s not as decisive, his decision making is not nearly as quick, and obviously he’s 1/10th if spectacular football player Lamar is. Sure he’s more accurate, whoopdie doo, gimme Lamar 8 days a week

Watson's biggest problem is that he holds onto the ball far too long which definitely doesn't help when your backfield is under siege. He seemed to be getting the ball out quicker in the beginning of the game when they were moving the ball down the field, but then he reverted back to his old self.

I've enjoyed watching Watson since he came into the league, but it's night and day when you compare his play to Lamar's. Makes you appreciate Lamar that much more because Lamar is able to make reads QUICKLY and is rarely indecisive about what he's going to do with the football.

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watson's biggest problem is that he holds onto the ball far too long which definitely doesn't help when your backfield is under siege. He seemed to be getting the ball out quicker in the beginning of the game when they were moving the ball down the field, but then he reverted back to his old self.

I've enjoyed watching Watson since he came into the league, but it's night and day when you compare his play to Lamar's. Makes you appreciate Lamar that much more because Lamar is able to make reads QUICKLY and is rarely indecisive about what he's going to do with the football.

to be fair to watson - lamar has astronomically more functional coaching and a much better OL to allow him to make those sorts of reads and decisions - the texans have lived off watson making magic happen a couple of times a game in the big games that he wins which is completely unsustainable - there's only so much you can do on your own

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

His rookie year was phenomenal although it was only a 8 game stretch or so. I admit I didn't watch every game, but to me it seems like he regressed?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think what's most impressive right now with Lamar is that despite us opening up the passing game and despite the pocket being a chaotic whirlwind of pressure with this OL right now, his completion percentage is up at nearly 78% through 2 games and I can really only think of maybe 2 or 3 bad throws

and that's despite the fact that he's already been sacked 6 times in 2020 - he was only sacked 23 times in the 16 regular season games last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Okay simple question. Who else is absolutely and unequivocally giddy that Lamar Jackson is now QB of the Ravens after Dilfer, Boller, Flacco et al?
it's about time....right.

Then again, look how long some organizations have gone without a franchise QB. Atleast Flacco kept us more than competitive....for most of his career and we did win a SB with him.