• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
By my count, Lamar i think only has 5 more teams left that he hasn't beaten in the NFL (other than the ravens) - and 3 of them are the other teams in the NFC North so we play all 3 of them this season

and the other 2 are the panthers and saints (who we played in 2018 before Lamar took over as the starter and therefore get to play in 2022)...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
By my count, Lamar i think only has 5 more teams left that he hasn't beaten in the NFL (other than the ravens) - and 3 of them are the other teams in the NFC North so we play all 3 of them this season

and the other 2 are the panthers and saints (who we played in 2018 before Lamar took over as the starter and therefore get to play in 2022)...
and we got destroyed vs the Panthers in 2018. I do think Lamar through his first TD pass vs them though.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
and we got destroyed vs the Panthers in 2018. I do think Lamar through his first TD pass vs them though.

Forgot about this game and yes he did. Damn how time flies. Henry wasn't even a real starter at that point yet either. Incredible how quickly the NFL changes.

Also, that 18 draft was amazing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Forgot about this game and yes he did. Damn how time flies. Henry wasn't even a real starter at that point yet either. Incredible how quickly the NFL changes.

Also, that 18 draft was amazing.
yes it was an incredible draft.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar was pretty upset today about not getting the late hit call on his TD throw to Brown. One of the draw backs of being a dynamic athletic QB is you don’t normally get that call. It’s a bunch of BS.

On that play, I don’t think it was a late hit or unnecessary roughness , but Lamar takes a lot of borderline shots that the Refs are definitely calling if your name is Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar was pretty upset today about not getting the late hit call on his TD throw to Brown. One of the draw backs of being a dynamic athletic QB is you don’t normally get that call. It’s a bunch of BS.

On that play, I don’t think it was a late hit or unnecessary roughness , but Lamar takes a lot of borderline shots that the Refs are definitely calling if your name is Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes

lamar's not had a single roughing the passer penalty since december of the 2019 season...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Yep.. i mentioned this in offseason.. shit is wild how quickly we just been beating teams

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

that was absolutely a late hit by todays standards. In the 70s he could have hit him on Monday and it would have been clean.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep.. i mentioned this in offseason.. shit is wild how quickly we just been beating teams
he has definitely been a baller and taken the team on his back. Yes we have some weapons but without Lamar no way we have the record we do in the regular season. It's been fun to watch and will get better.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

lamar's not had a single roughing the passer penalty since december of the 2019 season...

wow, I didn't realize how bad it is and to think how many are called on us due to how aggressive we are and of course Judons head scratchers.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lol that’s insane , but also not shocking. I don’t think Lamar is protected like the others due to perceived sustainability issues.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
that was absolutely a late hit by todays standards. In the 70s he could have hit him on Monday and it would have been clean.

Eh idk , Lamar released the ball, defender is there within a second, and hits him in the butt rather than knee area. Looked good to me , I’m not to spun up on the latest pocket rules though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eh idk , Lamar released the ball, defender is there within a second, and hits him in the butt rather than knee area. Looked good to me , I’m not to spun up on the latest pocket rules though

Refs call that now. No, I don't think any call like that should be roughing, but those are clearly called now.

He hit him in the back and led with the helmet also.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Refs call that now. No, I don't think any call like that should be roughing, but those are clearly called now.

He hit him in the back and led with the helmet also.

Yea that’s fair. I could see it called for several QBs, apparently not for Lamar for whatever reason. I wonder if Lamar wins a super bowl or he plays in a major market if he gets those calls. More valuable that way to the NFL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Looking at all_22_NFL_cuts latest film on Lamar, and wow what a god damn season he’s having. At this rate, by the time he retires, he’s gonna have the most densely loaded highlight reel in nfl history.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looking at all_22_NFL_cuts latest film on Lamar, and wow what a god damn season he’s having. At this rate, by the time he retires, he’s gonna have the most densely loaded highlight reel in nfl history.

with some of the quarterbacking in the league right now i think we're entering a golden age of QB play...

Lamar, Mahomes, Kyler, Dak, Herbert

and you've also got guys like Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and we'll see what happens with some of these rookies

but Lamar is the cream of the crop in terms of highlight plays