• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lamar not only has his own fragrance, but is coming out with a children's book. This man is really a champion of the people. @Ellicottraven , you must be so proud of your "son" this year.

Simba

Staff Member
The ball is coming out so much tighter this year too. He put in the work mechanically that wasn’t there last year. I think him abandoning Harris and going with an actual QB coach was such a huge move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

yeah i watched it - im all for constructive criticism but it does seem to me like people are always picking out negative (or not positive) plays to pick apart lamar's game when every QB in the league (even the best passers) always have plays like this but no one picks apart brady or rodgers or mahomes for their 5 poorer plays

like for sure this stuff is important but also worth pointing out that there was at least 1 play in the game where they did solve this blitz zero issue (it's partly on the receivers too)

it's just another way though that lamar's treated differently to some of his peers and it frustrates me

so it's good constructive stuff but it helps continue that wider narrative that lamar's not "there" yet when for all intents and purposes he's currently playing like a top 5 pocket passer

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar not only has his own fragrance, but is coming out with a children's book. This man is really a champion of the people. @Ellicottraven , you must be so proud of your "son" this year.
Yes sir! One is always proud of his child, no matter where in the world the dad is. He has even managed to exceed his dad in accomplishments. He did that the day he was born if you must know.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The ball is coming out so much tighter this year too. He put in the work mechanically that wasn’t there last year. I think him abandoning Harris and going with an actual QB coach was such a huge move.
I keep telling everybody, Lamar my golden boy is constantly evolving, improving and adding more arrows to his quiver. You know who else did the same thing on his way to 6 championships? Michael Jordan. Lamar is the 1988-89 MJ right now. Give him a couple of years and he will be the greatest football player known to man.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea that’s fair. I could see it called for several QBs, apparently not for Lamar for whatever reason. I wonder if Lamar wins a super bowl or he plays in a major market if he gets those calls. More valuable that way to the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The NFL already knows he is their ticket to multiple billions. They are going to put these referees in the ringer if such egregious calls are not made when Lamar is involved. He is on his way to become the Michael Jordan of the NFL and the league isn't dumb. They know it's just a matter of time.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The NFL already knows he is their ticket to multiple billions. They are going to put these referees in the ringer if such egregious calls are not made when Lamar is involved. He is on his way to become the Michael Jordan of the NFL and the league isn't dumb. They know it's just a matter of time.

Yeah i disagree completely. If that were the case he would be protected but he's not. I think most folks outside of Baltimore still think he lacks the tools to be a complete QB or that he will get hurt any season now and fade like RG3.....

I also really believe if Lamar plays for Boston, L.A., Dallas, New York etc that he would be treated differently by the league and referees

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah i disagree completely. If that were the case he would be protected but he's not. I think most folks outside of Baltimore still think he lacks the tools to be a complete QB or that he will get hurt any season now and fade like RG3.....

I also really believe if Lamar plays for Boston, L.A., Dallas, New York etc that he would be treated differently by the league and referees

RG3 lacked awareness and the ability to read a defense.

In addition, I remember watching RG3's press conferences and he never took responsibility and it was always "we won because of him". You could see the team didn't like him and when he was sacked they would walk away and never help him up.

He was a different person when he came hear and I noticed it big time.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Let’s not discount what Harris, a non “actual” qb coach did for him… he only helped him turn into an MVP player in 2019. Lamar couldn’t really get together with anyone in 2020, so I’m really praying you aren’t trying to pin that year on him

Simba

Staff Member
Let’s not discount what Harris, a non “actual” qb coach did for him… he only helped him turn into an MVP player in 2019. Lamar couldn’t really get together with anyone in 2020, so I’m really praying you aren’t trying to pin that year on him

Oh I don’t disagree but there were still shortcomings. Props to Lamar and the people in his corner for realizing he could take it to another level though. I know Urban has been advocating for him to go to Dedeaux for a couple of years and it seems to have helped so far. Nothing but love for what Harris did but it seems he was maxed out with him.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh I don’t disagree but there were still shortcomings. Props to Lamar and the people in his corner for realizing he could take it to another level though. I know Urban has been advocating for him to go to Dedeaux for a couple of years and it seems to have helped so far. Nothing but love for what Harris did but it seems he was maxed out with him.

Yeah I agree. A professional QB guru has more extensive knowledge and has worked with the best of the best so he knows how to teach better than a raw guy no matter how good said raw guy is

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah I agree. A professional QB guru has more extensive knowledge and has worked with the best of the best so he knows how to teach better than a raw guy no matter how good said raw guy is
Yeah, to paraphrase your words, Harris’ involvement made for a “feel good story”, but it was not what Lamar needed to get his mechanics and ball flight fixed. He honestly looks like a different QB.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, to paraphrase your words, Harris’ involvement made for a “feel good story”, but it was not what Lamar needed to get his mechanics and ball flight fixed. He honestly looks like a different QB.

And while he might not reach that MVP level again considering it was an insane season, I don’t think anyone can say he’s not a better pure passer right now. He’s hitting throws we didn’t see at all in 2019. It would be kind of crazy to see what he could do at his current level with the same personnel that we had in 2019.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

It was more than a feel good story… there’s no way Lamar goes from what he was as a rookie, a very gifted and talented yet raw passer to MVP in one offseason with Harris. I think people are majorly discounting Harris because of last year. Last year was a crazy year and an outlier because Lamar wasn’t able to work with literally anyone, and barely even his WRs