• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some [profanity deleted] on RSR wants to shut down Lamar for the year because he’s developing had habits trying to play hero ball all the time. I’m grateful fans don’t run the team
I got news for people... those thinking that this season is a lost cause and that we'll automatically be better next year with a healthier roster may be in for a rude awakening. This team could look quite a bit different next year, especially on defense. That isn't guaranteed at all to be an improvement. Especially if we're using the draft to "upgrade". Young guys don't always walk off the college bus and ball out in their first year.

There are plenty of versions I see where the 2022 Ravens isn't as good as the 2021 Ravens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean the only reason id shut down lamar is if i was worried the OL was gonna get him killed back there and mostly lamar's been good protecting himself
you mean you're not. No way we shut him down though while we are still leading the division.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I got news for people... those thinking that this season is a lost cause and that we'll automatically be better next year with a healthier roster may be in for a rude awakening. This team could look quite a bit different next year, especially on defense. That isn't guaranteed at all to be an improvement. Especially if we're using the draft to "upgrade". Young guys don't always walk off the college bus and ball out in their first year.

There are plenty of versions I see where the 2022 Ravens isn't as good as the 2021 Ravens.
losing some HOF caliber off the defensive line is and depth in the defensive backfield will absolutely hurt. Sure we most likely won't have the injuries like we have had this year, but we could be hurt in different areas. So yes, I agree, there is no guarantee.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
There's a reason it was said on RSR and not here. Have you seen what conjecture comes across on that sight. It's basically Reddit jr.
I'm glad I never even thought of making an account over there. I've been hearing a lot of stupid shit as to what the RSR people post. Makes me appreciate this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm glad I never even thought of making an account over there. I've been hearing a lot of stupid shit as to what the RSR people post. Makes me appreciate this.
I do have an account, because all of it isn't stupid, but damn some of it is absolutely ridiculous.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dnt think #1 seed matters for us tbh.. have you seen our games? Other than maybe titans, i dnt idk if we can beat anyone.maybe pats too cause i dnt see us losing to mac jones
I'd agree. I don't care what seed we are in the playoffs. Outside of someone who is a season ticket holder and wants to go to a home game, I don't think it's going to matter much to us.

Now I also only think he brought it up because of all the comments on other boards and social media that says we should sit Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I absolutely get what you’re saying, but with the level of injuries, you’re talking a really low bar, it would be downright impressive if the ravens don’t return to the mean with injuries next year which alone is enough to be an upgrade

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt think #1 seed matters for us tbh.. have you seen our games? Other than maybe titans, i dnt idk if we can beat anyone.maybe pats too cause i dnt see us losing to mac jones
Lol mac jones and the hoodie would smoke the daylights out of us what are you saying?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I absolutely get what you’re saying, but with the level of injuries, you’re talking a really low bar, it would be downright impressive if the ravens don’t return to the mean with injuries next year which alone is enough to be an upgrade
Maybe. That also assumes that all of the injured players return. I don't know that Peters is back. And if he is back, we may end up losing Averett. I don't know that Elliott is back either.
Defensively, I think you're going to see a pretty significant turnover. Probably 50% of the main starters, when all are healthy, could not be back next year.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Maybe. That also assumes that all of the injured players return. I don't know that Peters is back. And if he is back, we may end up losing Averett. I don't know that Elliott is back either.
Defensively, I think you're going to see a pretty significant turnover. Probably 50% of the main starters, when all are healthy, could not be back next year.
I truly don't think Elliott is a big loss, at all, and if Peters can even return to 80% of normal, he's at least on par with Averrett, in my opinion, but with more turnovers.

I'd honestly like to see a fair bit of turnover on defense, but hopefully not at the expense of giving Lamar a little OL help.

Simba

Staff Member
I truly don't think Elliott is a big loss, at all, and if Peters can even return to 80% of normal, he's at least on par with Averrett, in my opinion, but with more turnovers.

I'd honestly like to see a fair bit of turnover on defense, but hopefully not at the expense of giving Lamar a little OL help.

Elliott is an interesting one. Not the best athlete or a huge playmaker on balls in the air but such a tone setter for us and we feel it when he's out. Would be a perfect dimeback but we're almost past that point in his career I'd think. I think that's ultimately where he settles after the "big" contract for him comes. Feels like we see that with all of these hard hitting safeties.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Elliott is an interesting one. Not the best athlete or a huge playmaker on balls in the air but such a tone setter for us and we feel it when he's out. Would be a perfect dimeback but we're almost past that point in his career I'd think. I think that's ultimately where he settles after the "big" contract for him comes. Feels like we see that with all of these hard hitting safeties.

he was our best man coverage safety, a good communicator and a tone setter - not an all-pro or anything like that and certainly not a major playmaker but he worked well in this system and we miss his ability to fly off the edge on those safety blitzes right about now

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk why peters wouldn’t be back. Ellliott is fair but I think Brandon Stephens is a player, if we saw the leaps in improvement we saw from Elliott idk why we shouldn’t expect the same from Stephens who has shown A LOT of really quality things over a pretty huge sample size. Then you’re really just banking on young guys improving, oweh, madubuike, and queen are guys you’re gonna be counting on and that’s every team every year, you just have no choice usually but to count on young players you’ve made big investments in.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They prolly would but idk.. id be disappointed if we lose to that dam rookie
It’s more the smarts of the coaches and the defense. Bill runs a blitz heavy scheme for years, he sees it from more angles than wink or harbs can, he knows the tricks, and we don’t.