• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he could just hit these easy ones consistently who know what this offense could do but he's been off on what should be routine throws.
It’s tough, we want to trash the receivers, but they were there , he just missed them. Completely changes the game

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
On a totally opposite note, despite being a very run heavy offense, the Ravens are second in drops on the season and third in drop percentage.
Are we a run heavy offense? Take away Lamar’s designed runs and I’m curious what the numbers look like on the year. Felt like we were passing a lot , especially earlier in the year with Bateman healthy and 1/2 backs out

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Are we a run heavy offense? Take away Lamar’s designed runs and I’m curious what the numbers look like on the year. Felt like we were passing a lot , especially earlier in the year with Bateman healthy and 1/2 backs out
The Ravens certainly are a bit skewed by having Lamar run as much as he does, but they're a bottom of the barrel team in pass attempts. They're damn near 50-50 on the year, but Lamar does factor into that.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jackson is the reason we have looked the way we have looked for the better part of years.

The running stats are inflated due to his abilities.

Jackson has 755 rush yards. As a team we have 1790.

He is currently sitting at 11th in the league in rushing. Take him out? Ravens fall from 3rd in rushing down to 29th in the league.

29th........................

Lamar is averaging 6.8 YAC and the team is averaging 5.3 YAC. Which means if you take Lamar out of the equation we are really averaging 4.5 YAC.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Jackson is the reason we have looked the way we have looked for the better part of years.

The running stats are inflated due to his abilities.

Jackson has 755 rush yards. As a team we have 1790.

He is currently sitting at 11th in the league in rushing. Take him out? Ravens fall from 3rd in rushing down to 29th in the league.

29th........................

Lamar is averaging 6.8 YAC and the team is averaging 5.3 YAC. Which means if you take Lamar out of the equation we are really averaging 4.5 YAC.
I think there’s some level of merit to this but also have to realize it’s a read based running game. The RBs would be getting the ball a whole hell of a lot more if Lamar wasn’t making some of those decisions himself. He’s an important cog but taking him out of the equation and declaring that reality isn’t realistic.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there’s some level of merit to this but also have to realize it’s a read based running game. The RBs would be getting the ball a whole hell of a lot more if Lamar wasn’t making some of those decisions himself. He’s an important cog but taking him out of the equation and declaring that reality isn’t realistic.

wasn't it stated before on these boards that he was not running as much and picking and choosing when to go?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think "eat a dick" means anything homophobic IMO. I've heard "suck my dick" been used towards men and women.
People are trying to say he implied that all the guy did was eat dicks his whole life, never played on the field. Honestly who gives a shit, his overall point stands even if it was bad judgement to even reply

Well with how he snapped at the dude for a little criticism and ended his tweet by telling another dude to eat a dick. Just in that context, it doesn't sound right tbh. Lamar should of watched that toothpaste container video

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This right here ladies and gentlemen is why we're not going to win the superbowl. We put our eggs in this basket and this basket failed us miserably.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128-190308_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128-190308_Reddit.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 51