• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
63B8CF4E-3998-4226-9307-626673F49795.jpeg

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t even know what Proche can do when he’s been targeted a total of 10 times this entire year.

Same with Wallace who has 6

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really let Ravens media hype me up to believe Proche would be the number 2. I'm a goddam fool
To be fair I was on board rolling with the guys we had because at at some point you've got to trust the process and coaching. Apparently our process and coaching for WRs still sucks. We got got.

To be fair I was on board rolling with the guys we had because at at some point you've got to trust the process and coaching. Apparently our process and coaching for WRs still sucks. We got got.

Ravens FO logic: let's make our 5th and 6th string wrs from last year our starters this year and we good to go!

I'm halfway kidding..... they are barely being targeted like G mentioned. Wether thay be by design, lack of separation, or Lamar just not looking at them idk. I don't understand Duvernay was looking hot now he's MIA, Robinson has been ok, and that's it that sums up our Wrs lol.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens FO logic: let's make our 5th and 6th string wrs from last year our starters this year and we good to go!

I'm halfway kidding..... they are barely being targeted like G mentioned. Wether thay be by design, lack of separation, or Lamar just not looking at them idk. I don't understand Duvernay was looking hot now he's MIA, Robinson has been ok, and that's it that sums up our Wrs lol.

We don't have the OC who can draw up pass plays to get guys open or at least try to utilize their speed. We just send 2 TEs and 1 receiver deep and pray Lamar figures it out with his legs or arm as 2 of the 3 route runners run into each other. Then complain he did not a hit a receiver deep because he's not in rhythm and the ball just get's over thrown. All of this while having him constantly clap his hands like a Florida Gator to get the snap off which is usually down to zero. Can't throw a slant either because reasons beyond our understanding. We have a better shot of learning how to read Hebrew then dialing up slants.

I love this team

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
We don't have the OC who can draw up pass plays to get guys open or at least try to utilize their speed. We just send 2 TEs and 1 receiver deep and pray Lamar figures it out with his legs or arm as 2 of the 3 route runners run into each other. Then complain he did not a hit a receiver deep because he's not in rhythm and the ball just get's over thrown. All of this while having him constantly clap his hands like a Florida Gator to get the snap off which is usually down to zero. Can't throw a slant either because reasons beyond our understanding. We have a better shot of learning how to read Hebrew then dialing up slants.

I love this team

Don't forget sending all 300 lbs of Ricard out on WR routes!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't forget sending all 300 lbs of Ricard out on WR routes!
I'm ok with Ricard being a legitimate receiving threat, much like Juice was for us. The problem is you have to establish a normal passing game before you start doing that stuff.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No one said he played awful, we said his deep ball was terrible and it was(worst in the league, second only to Zach Wilson). If he connects on some of those wide open deep shots its a completely different game. The WRs also let him down with some drops. The two are not mutually exclusive.

i get that it's a frustrating "trend" since week 4 or so of him missing some deep shots but he only actually missed 1 iirc from Sunday which was the first one to Robinson

the andrews one was a throwaway, the duvernay one was duvernay running the wrong route and he nailed the DJax one - unless im forgetting another deep shot i think that's 1 miss...

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
No one said he played awful, we said his deep ball was terrible and it was(worst in the league, second only to Zach Wilson). If he connects on some of those wide open deep shots its a completely different game. The WRs also let him down with some drops. The two are not mutually exclusive.
What's in bold is more prevalent than Lamar's deep ball issue.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar needs to hit those deep throws. Not to defend Roman or the shit receivers we have, but our game plan relies on Lamar being able to connect on a deep ball or two. We don’t get receivers in space often, we rely on our run game and heavy sets to create an opening for ONE receiver and those openings don’t come often when 3 receivers are running against 7 in coverage, so when the opening is there, we gotta connect.

That said, catch the fucking ball when it does get to your hands.
I think that there were more dropped passes last week against the Jags than deep throw misses by Lamar.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think that there were more dropped passes last week against the Jags than deep throw misses by Lamar.
Ever since the trade deadline passed, Lamar and the coaching staff was gonna have to make do with what we got at WR. I still would like Odell, but I concede that he'll either be a Giant or Chief.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ever since the trade deadline passed, Lamar and the coaching staff was gonna have to make do with what we got at WR. I still would like Odell, but I concede that he'll either be a Giant or Chief.
Please don't be so quick to concede... with Bateman gone, Beckham would be an ideal addition. I want him for my child.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Absolutely, but Lamar misses these deep throws basically every week, and he’s held to a higher standard than duvernay or Robinson, and he’s past the point of excusing himself for missing wide open TD passes as frequently as he has this year.

He wants fully guaranteed and 200m+ he’s gotta hit those more consistently