• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have no idea how you embedded this in the post but honestly impressive.
I am just an old fart that lucked into it. I couldn't do it again for a 100 bucks.

In reality, I just clicked on the media tab and it showed me a bunch of sites that were approved for inserting media from. Giphy was one of them. So just clicked on it, found the one I was looking for, and embedded it. It worked.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad

Lamar’s contract season not doing too well
In Management eyes he probably needs to finish the season well and will have to get back in quick. 4 of last 5 games are division games. QB that runs is always gonna be more susceptible to injury than a Running Back due to scrambling. Jackson didn't finish last season correct? Huntley played well. That last "must have" drive was impressive. 8-4 ..finish 3-2 and thats 11-6, makes the playoff, may win the Division. One other thing may be becoming a factor. Jackson is in his fifth year. He's young, but he looks older and he has some hard miles on him alreadlyl.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
In Management eyes he probably needs to finish the season well and will have to get back in quick. 4 of last 5 games are division games. QB that runs is always gonna be more susceptible to injury than a Running Back due to scrambling. Jackson didn't finish last season correct? Huntley played well. That last "must have" drive was impressive. 8-4 ..finish 3-2 and thats 11-6, makes the playoff, may win the Division.
He didn’t get hurt running this or last year though

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So the Lamar injury thing is interesting. There will be the group of Lamar haters that will say you see he can't stay healthy. And they'll be coming from a place of ignorance and making a lazy and incorrect argument about him being a running QB.

Lamar has always gotten hurt (significantly hurt) from getting sacked in the pocket. Two years in a row now. And it's the case that he even bulked up considerably this offseason. Lamar has also over theast 2 years been carrying a lot more hip and quad and foot etc nicks even if they didn't keep him out of games.

Should management fear that his availability going forward is going to steadily decline? Are the general number of hits catching up with him? Or were these two kinda freak outcomes that sometimes happen to anyone when you get rocked like that?

I think it's just unfortunate tbh and not a tale of bad things to come. But we'll see. I really wonder what Eric is thinking about the whole situation.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Granted it’s Reddit but I can’t believe there’s so many in our own fanbase that want to trade Lamar and move on. You don’t see this with the Chargers and Herbert and he’s never made the playoffs, you don’t see it with Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Hurts. Just our fanbase, when everyone mentioned has far better weapons. Hell you don’t see it with Fields and he’s not even winning games

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Granted it’s Reddit but I can’t believe there’s so many in our own fanbase that want to trade Lamar and move on. You don’t see this with the Chargers and Herbert and he’s never made the playoffs, you don’t see it with Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Hurts. Just our fanbase, when everyone mentioned has far better weapons. Hell you don’t see it with Fields and he’s not even winning games
The first 3 words are all I needed to know. Can Lamar play better? Of course. Bateman needs to come back healthy and we need to draft a playmaker at WR. Hell, we need to do the same with RB as well because I'm gonna lose my fucking mind if we don't address RB AGAIN and we have to rely on the health of Dobbins and Gus (if he comes back).

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not like it’s news to us but yea

I knew this prior to the season and of course a few others as well however, many "fans" of the Ravens drink way too much purple kool-aid to accept certain realities. Now, it is glaring and cats want to jump on the "keep it real" train all of a sudden. Hilarious! The Ravens' "skill" position at the wide receiver spot (and perhaps a few others) is and has been severely lacking in comparison to other AFC perennials such as the Bills, Chiefs, and yes, even the Bengals. Lamar can't do it all by himself! And, even though he was never my dude; we said the same thing about Joe Flacco. Get this man some help!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I knew this prior to the season and of course a few others as well however, many "fans" of the Ravens drink way too much purple kool-aid to accept certain realities. Now, it is glaring and cats want to jump on the "keep it real" train all of a sudden. Hilarious! The Ravens' "skill" position at the wide receiver spot (and perhaps a few others) is and has been severely lacking in comparison to other AFC perennials such as the Bills, Chiefs, and yes, even the Bengals. Lamar can't do it all by himself! And, even though he was never my dude; we said the same thing about Joe Flacco. Get this man some help!
I said before our front office lives in the stone age, we keep trying the same thing that worked 20 years ago. Our front office needs to evolve and get with the current NFL.