• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
No doubt.

However, I heard it argued once that deep passing was more of a WR stat than a QB stat, and whoever was making the point gave lots of examples of QB's deep passing stats with and without their good receivers. It seemed like he had a point.

We're always working from small sample sizes with the Ravens passing game. Lamar has definitely missed a few deep balls but some of those near misses might have been completed with better receiving talent.

Whatever success Lamar's had going deep has come from Hollywood, one throw to DeSean Jackson and a little bit from Duvernay early this season (before he was frozen out of the offense for some reason.)

I can barely remember Bateman getting any deep targets. (Or targets at all really. We don't have much evidence on how good, or bad he is, yet.)

In short, Lamar needs to do better but it might not look so bad with better WRs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No doubt.

However, I heard it argued once that deep passing was more of a WR stat than a QB stat, and whoever was making the point gave lots of examples of QB's deep passing stats with and without their good receivers. It seemed like he had a point.

We're always working from small sample sizes with the Ravens passing game. Lamar has definitely missed a few deep balls but some of those near misses might have been completed with better receiving talent.

Whatever success Lamar's had going deep has come from Hollywood, one throw to DeSean Jackson and a little bit from Duvernay early this season (before he was frozen out of the offense for some reason.)

I can barely remember Bateman getting any deep targets. (Or targets at all really. We don't have much evidence on how good, or bad he is, yet.)

In short, Lamar needs to do better but it might not look so bad with better WRs.
and Bateman -- 60 yard bomb vs the Jets in week 1

this one isn't a bomb, but is a 75 yard TD pass to Bateman

Bateman has #1 WR talent, we just need to figure out how to use him next year.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
and Bateman -- 60 yard bomb vs the Jets in week 1

this one isn't a bomb, but is a 75 yard TD pass to Bateman

Bateman has #1 WR talent, we just need to figure out how to use him next year.

the fact that we need to figure out how to get this guy the ball makes me sick

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar can bomb the ball on a rope down the field with the best. Where he has had issues are the passes that require touch and arc.
I see the same thing. Lamar has a killer arm and strength. However, on those "finesse" passes is where he struggles. Perhaps, it is from his excitement from seeing the open receiver deep, or his nerves in not wanting to miss the receiver deep on the throw that he ends up; well, missing them deep on the throws. :D

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

@allblackraven, have you heard of the concept of a sinusoidal or sin wave? All you have displayed is one side of the down curve. Now, as a Raven, the wave begins trending up.

<div style="width:100%;height:0;padding-bottom:30%;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/NKLdcqhwo2f8A" width="100%" height="100%" style="position:absolute" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe></div><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely, but Lamar misses these deep throws basically every week, and he’s held to a higher standard than duvernay or Robinson, and he’s past the point of excusing himself for missing wide open TD passes as frequently as he has this year.

He wants fully guaranteed and 200m+ he’s gotta hit those more consistently
Wrong! Wrong! Fucking so bad on so many levels, it can't get wronger.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@allblackraven, have you heard of the concept of a sinusoidal or sin wave? All you have displayed is one side of the down curve. Now, as a Raven, the wave begins trending up.

<div style="width:100%;height:0;padding-bottom:30%;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/NKLdcqhwo2f8A" width="100%" height="100%" style="position:absolute" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe></div><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

He is not the player for us.

Also, if somehow he becomes a Raven, his ACL will never heal. And I'm sure he's aware.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

I have no idea how you embedded this in the post but honestly impressive.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sports Injury Central says that Lamar's injury is a PCL sprain. It doesn't need surgery. He may need a brace. His season isn't over!

It may keep him out for a few weeks or the entire month of December.

Dejavu from last season. Smh!

Last edited: