• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Odds Lamar gets traded have moved from 50 percent to 70 .

Frankly I want a durable QB. Josh Allen takes a lot of hits running buts seems pretty damn durable.
my odds have moved from 2 to 3%. Basically don't think he's being traded at all.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar’s injury has been a complete failure by the Ravens organization to be transparent. I realize you wanna make teams think so and so may or may not be playing but this is your franchise player you are talking about. Harbaugh , DeCosta and company should be ashamed.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i don’t think the ravens are interested in keeping Lamar. I think they haven’t offered him more than the last offer because they valued him at that and they probably don’t feel any differently after this year.

He really might get traded this offseason. They don’t wanna lose trade leverage and value so running it back isn’t an option. They either commit long term this offseason without first seeing him with a new OC, or trade him, OR he plays on the tag and we lose all leverage at the end of the season. I think Lamar might be more committed to the ravens than the ravens are to him.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-lamar-jackson-gives-update-on-injured-knee-rules-himself-out-vs-bengals-on-super-wild-card-weekend/
Lamar ruled out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Odds Lamar gets traded have moved from 50 percent to 70 .

Frankly I want a durable QB. Josh Allen takes a lot of hits running buts seems pretty damn durable.

well this doesnt even seem like a durability issue

only feels like that because the hit he took looked innocuous on camera

last 2 years he's been knocked out by injuries requiring surgery - not niggles and things that are wearing his body down

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i don’t think the ravens are interested in keeping Lamar. I think they haven’t offered him more than the last offer because they valued him at that and they probably don’t feel any differently after this year.

He really might get traded this offseason. They don’t wanna lose trade leverage and value so running it back isn’t an option. They either commit long term this offseason without first seeing him with a new OC, or trade him, OR he plays on the tag and we lose all leverage at the end of the season. I think Lamar might be more committed to the ravens than the ravens are to him.

they havent offered him more than the last offer because they havent negotiated since the last offer at lamar's behest lol

it was their next offer, not their final offer

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I completely agree . I think the Ravens are done with him

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Losing to the cocky Bengals in the playoffs is going be an emotional low, and through his fault or not it mostly being due to how Lamar failed to recover in time is just a real sour taste. 2 years in a row now he’s gotten hurt and missed the playoffs, I think he’s a great player when he’s healthy, top 5 for sure, but like I said before I’m no longer against a trade, we need to hear the offers

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Losing to the cocky Bengals in the playoffs is going be an emotional low, and through his fault or not it mostly being due to how Lamar failed to recover in time is just a real sour taste. 2 years in a row now he’s gotten hurt and missed the playoffs, I think he’s a great player when he’s healthy, top 5 for sure, but like I said before I’m no longer against a trade, we need to hear the offers
And DeCosta wants to hear them too.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Agreed completely. I really do think he’s played his last game as a Raven

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
it would have been best if Lamar said something earlier or Harbs. He should have been put on IR knowing this information.

Bet Harbs and all of them only said “he’s coming back soon” so that’s they can apply pressure to him. They probably knew it was season ending with the real time frame… they just wanted him to try and play thru injury. No chance of that happening with his contract situation

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Moderate (Grade 2) sprains take three to four weeks to fully recover.
1673566882597.png

Mercy Health

Causes of posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury - Mercy Health

Lamar is a slow healer

Last edited:

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
it would have been best if Lamar said something earlier or Harbs. He should have been put on IR knowing this information.

I wonder if he knew this information when first diagnosed with this.

Players can't and shouldn't disclose injury status. It should come from the team. Sometimes it's just worse than a team wants to let on. That's fair. Yet there's the whole competitive advantage of not fully disclosing and I respect that too. I think they knew all along that it was unlikely he was going to play again. Now it just seems like gamesmanship.