• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Didnt perriman have a pcl injury and miss the whole season with us?
yes he had a grade 2 pcl sprain

now that we know it's a grade 2 pcl sprain no on the border of a grade 3. No way he could make it back this season. If he were to make it back this season he would be a very quick healer.

I believe we were originally told it was a grade 1 pcl sprain

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think they are very close and he'll sign the deal before the start of training camp. Or do you think he decides to wait for what Burrow and the Bungles do?
If he waited til Burrow signed and if it's this season, not only would it hurt us in free agency, but it wouldn't help him. It's not like Mike Brown is going to be dishing out a fully guaranteed contract.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This confirmed what I always suspected. I never bought into the "Lamar is quiet quitting" or whatever narrative. I just thought this injury was worse than what was told and even Harbs couldn't definitively said.
it would have been best if Lamar said something earlier or Harbs. He should have been put on IR knowing this information.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This confirmed what I always suspected. I never bought into the "Lamar is quiet quitting" or whatever narrative. I just thought this injury was worse than what was told and even Harbs couldn't definitively said.

I thought I was reading into it, but if you watch that clip of Harbaugh telling him to hug Huntley after the game, it looked like he was still limping around. I think it was the Falcons game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
thanks man - i love the discussion in the draft thread

and draft weekend is like my christmas lol

must say the WR group is not looking amazing so far
Another TE it is

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if he knew this information when first diagnosed with this.
There’s no way he or the team didn’t know. I’m sure they performed several MRIs periodically to confirm

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
The likelihood is he signs in the offseason. My instincts tell me he wants to get it done so he can chill and focus on football. I'm sure he is unhappy about how the season ended this year. He won't let it happen again.

I'm not sure I see it the same way, Lamar's Dad... I wouldn't be surprised if he were happy to take the payday of the Tag to try to have a healthy year in cementing an even larger contract. He bet on himself this year and it failed. I don't think he wants any regrets. But if we pay the tag and he winds up injured again next year on the tag, he damages his ability to get the record deal he's angling for and weakens our position in getting trade value. If it ain't done soon, I feel like the die is cast for him to be traded on draft night.