• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
Its gonna be alright.

When Huntley is sound he can win. Ravens get a couple breaks and can win.

History says that at the end of Joe Flaccos 5th season he was 9-4 in the playoffs. He won a superbowl. That was when Ray Lewis, T Sizzle and Ed Reed were on D. The Oline was pretty good too all things considered. That Team was a better team but this defense is pretty dang good. You just can't leave them out on the field the entire game.

Maybe the injuries will get Lamar to rethink his position. If they don't and its goodbye, thank you. And if he stays, its still time to find a value QB for the future.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its gonna be alright.

When Huntley is sound he can win. Ravens get a couple breaks and can win.

History says that at the end of Joe Flaccos 5th season he was 9-4 in the playoffs. He won a superbowl. That was when Ray Lewis, T Sizzle and Ed Reed were on D. The Oline was pretty good too all things considered. That Team was a better team but this defense is pretty dang good. You just can't leave them out on the field the entire game.

Maybe the injuries will get Lamar to rethink his position. If they don't and its goodbye, thank you. And if he stays, its still time to find a value QB for the future.
Maybe Brown can start instead? Brown certainly reminds me more of Flacco than Huntley does.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Look at Sizzle being the voice of reason. Maybe you really are a changed man.

But yeah the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. I have my doubts that the Ravens and Lamar's team are totally in sync, but I also don't see how reaching to the extremes is considered plausible by some.
This is where I am. I think its both sides. Maybe not Lamar that much until yesterday. But as the original poster of that initial Mercy Medical page that has now become infamous, lol. There were many that were blindly accepting the 3-4 weeks narrative because that's what the FO was projecting. Turns out, the page is correct on the timeline for a "complication". The complication is that its almost a full tear. Lol But even as a significant Grade 2 it was probably outside of the 3-4 week range and closer to a potential 8 weeks as the article said.

That said, there is NO WAY the club didnt know the severity from the beginning. So clearly there was -maybe not deception or deceit- but some gamesmanship. Other teams having to spend time preparing for Lamar is different than preparing for a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

The real question is Preston's source because that's what started all this nonsense. Yet its fair also to point out that the Ravens handling of injury reports is historically poor.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The message didn't seem like him. I don't think he wrote it maybe his mom?
Whether Lamar actually wrote it or not is a moot point to me. Surely, if not Lamar, someone else in his inner circle was able to share that information and no doubt Lamar was ok with it or he would have taken it down by now.

Last edited:
This is where I am. I think its both sides. Maybe not Lamar that much until yesterday. But as the original poster of that initial Mercy Medical page that has now become infamous, lol. There were many that were blindly accepting the 3-4 weeks narrative because that's what the FO was projecting. Turns out, the page is correct on the timeline for a "complication". The complication is that its almost a full tear. Lol But even as a significant Grade 2 it was probably outside of the 3-4 week range and closer to a potential 8 weeks as the article said.

That said, there is NO WAY the club didnt know the severity from the beginning. So clearly there was -maybe not deception or deceit- but some gamesmanship. Other teams having to spend time preparing for Lamar is different than preparing for a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

The real question is Preston's source because that's what started all this nonsense. Yet its fair also to point out that the Ravens handling of injury reports is historically poor.
I agree with everything you say here but I have 2 things to add:

1. People need to stop paying attention to Preston. I did years ago. He’s an opinionated beat writer, and a shit starter.

2. You’re suggesting that the Ravens knew from the beginning the severity of LJ injury (Potentially 8 week recovery). Would it have just been better for the team to shut him down then (IR), especially given the contract situation, and considering the possibility of further damage to the knee? Much of his value is in his running game. He needs two healthy knees to be great IMO. I mean Lamar is risking generational wealth here if he rushes back and re-injures, or further damages the knee. I really wouldn’t blame him if he has made that decision. On the other hand he holds some responsibility for this situation. He was offered a fair contract IMO, and chose to gamble on himself. So this is where he is.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Conveniently left out an all pro TE(Andrews) first round TE(Hurst) and Hollywood(1st round WR). All which combined to catch 19 of those TDs. But don’t let that ruin the narrative. Ah i see they did include brown but they called him one footed of course.

The idea the Ravens haven’t invested in Lamar’s playmakers is old and played out. Just not true. How many high draft picks do we need to spend on TE,WR, RB will it take to make people happy?

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree with everything you say here but I have 2 things to add:

1. People need to stop paying attention to Preston. I did years ago. He’s an opinionated beat writer, and a shit starter.

2. You’re suggesting that the Ravens knew from the beginning the severity of LJ injury (Potentially 8 week recovery). Would it have just been better for the team to shut him down then (IR), especially given the contract situation, and considering the possibility of further damage to the knee? Much of his value is in his running game. He needs two healthy knees to be great IMO. I mean Lamar is risking generational wealth here if he rushes back and re-injures, or further damages the knee. I really wouldn’t blame him if he has made that decision. On the other hand he holds some responsibility for this situation. He was offered a fair contract IMO, and chose to gamble on himself. So this is where he is.
We do not know what kind of contract was he offered. If the rumours of the one which was on par with Murray's are correct, that was anything but fair.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Conveniently left out an all pro TE(Andrews) first round TE(Hurst) and Hollywood(1st round WR). All which combined to catch 19 of those TDs. But don’t let that ruin the narrative. Ah i see they did include brown but they called him one footed of course.

The idea the Ravens haven’t invested in Lamar’s playmakers is old and played out. Just not true. How many high draft picks do we need to spend on TE,WR, RB will it take to make people happy?

The Broncos spent draft picks on qbs...

People acknowledge the attempts. Doesn't mean they were successful.

Mark Clayton was a first round pick and never heard anyone early saying, man Flaccos is surrounded by weapons. That Quinn fella is really about to take off

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

Lamar's weapons were considerably worse than Burrows - it's not so much about draft status but who they are as players.

Andrews was really good, no argument. Hurst was a non-factor, because Roman can only really involve one TE in the passing game at a time (as we've seen with Likely whenever Andrews is out). I think he's calling Hollywood one footed because he had a foot injury and said he wasn't 100% that season.

The Ravens haven't spent very much draft capital on playmakers, considering they've traded a way 2 of their highly drafted pass catchers and that the WR room consisted of Willie Snead and a nice house plant when Lamar arrived.

Simba

Staff Member
I do think it's funny how everyone is choosing to interpret his tweet in their own way. Everyone is making assumptions/assertions and projecting their own thoughts (including myself). The reality is simply that we do not know, and that's exactly how both the Ravens and Lamar's team wants it.