• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
which is why he costs so much
we really shouldnt be trying to "bargain shop" for a QB who's not from the bargain bin
you're allowed to pay market price for that high quality
But don't you think these fully guaranteed contracts are the wave of the future? Lamar will get it from someplace and then it won't be able fo be argued that the Watson contract was an outlier

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
HBD @BoredMarine13! Enjoy

As for tomorrow's season presser, I would've liked Bisciotti to replace Harbaugh or accompany him and EDC. I don't expect anything useful tomorrow other than lies and BS. They'll promise nothing is the matter between Lamar and the team and they are looking to work out a deal with him soon. Truth is unless they announce a deal tomorrow, the rest is simply fluff and nonsense. March 7th is the day they are going to exclusively tag Lamar by making enough space for his cap. Their intention could be very short-sighted because EDC sees picks as treasures that he does nothing with. Screw the picks even if they are 5 first-round picks. No amount of compensation replaces Lamar on this team. Sign him ASAP by making a fair offer. Don't insult him by lowballing his guaranteed money. Even worthless Wilson and Kyler Shorty got more guaranteed money. Lamar is clearly the most talented QB in the league and the Ravens must respect him.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
HBD @BoredMarine13! Enjoy

As for tomorrow's season presser, I would've liked Bisciotti to replace Harbaugh or accompany him and EDC. I don't expect anything useful tomorrow other than lies and BS. They'll promise nothing is the matter between Lamar and the team and they are looking to work out a deal with him soon. Truth is unless they announce a deal tomorrow, the rest is simply fluff and nonsense. March 7th is the day they are going to exclusively tag Lamar by making enough space for his cap. Their intention could be very short-sighted because EDC sees picks as treasures that he does nothing with. Screw the picks even if they are 5 first-round picks. No amount of compensation replaces Lamar on this team. Sign him ASAP by making a fair offer. Don't insult him by lowballing his guaranteed money. Even worthless Wilson and Kyler Shorty got more guaranteed money. Lamar is clearly the most talented QB in the league and the Ravens must respect him.
sorry but fatty Mahomes might be better

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd basically pay him $260M over 5 yrs with 170M guaranteed with the option of coming down on the annual cost to 250M over 5 yrs with 185M guaranteed or $245M over 5 yrs with 200M guaranteed. Any of the 3 options works for me and/or my beautiful child.
I prefer 4 years 175 mil fully grtd.

Tank

Hall of Famer
But don't you think these fully guaranteed contracts are the wave of the future? Lamar will get it from someplace and then it won't be able fo be argued that the Watson contract was an outlier
This was discussed early on. It's doubtful that ever happens, and if it did it would completely change the way teams would be able to build their teams.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was discussed early on. It's doubtful that ever happens, and if it did it would completely change the way teams would be able to build their teams.
I will admit that it is very unlikely to happen with Bisciotti. With other owners that are cash rich and want to win at any cost? Not so sure.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would he sign for a dime less than what Watson got on a yearly basis? He shouldn't.
1. He won't.
2. AAV doesn't matter. You know why Tyreek Hill makes $30M a year average, and plenty of WRs are signing for less than that? Because the Dolphins took advantage of his dumb ass and gave him a non-gtd $44M base salary at the end of the deal. Guess who will never see a dime of that $44M? Tyreek Hill.
What good is an average if you're never going to see the money?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
wave of the future for who? I don't see any chance fully gtd contracts happen for anybody other than high-end QBs for many decades. And it'll almost certainly require a lengthy work stoppage for it to happen (which also won't happen).

No other position group will be in stratosphere of fully gtd contracts anytime soon. They're just not that valuable. And every Owner and Agent in the world knows that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd basically pay him $260M over 5 yrs with 170M guaranteed with the option of coming down on the annual cost to 250M over 5 yrs with 185M guaranteed or $245M over 5 yrs with 200M guaranteed. Any of the 3 options works for me and/or my beautiful child.
Yeah, this is too high.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I will admit that it is very unlikely to happen with Bisciotti. With other owners that are cash rich and want to win at any cost? Not so sure.
Not sure why you would think that. Every team that is competitive spends up to the cap each and every year. It has zero to do with anyone being "cheap". lol

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
wave of the future for who? I don't see any chance fully gtd contracts happen for anybody other than high-end QBs for many decades. And it'll almost certainly require a lengthy work stoppage for it to happen (which also won't happen).

No other position group will be in stratosphere of fully gtd contracts anytime soon. They're just not that valuable. And every Owner and Agent in the world knows that.
I should have clarified: the position of franchise QB.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
What would be a realistic deal you all would pay lamar?
$46-48M in AAV, with 50% guaranteed at signing and probably 75-80% fully guaranteed.

At that point it really just depends on # of years.

On a 5 year... $235M, $120M gtd at signing, around $175M total guaranteed.

Would put him #3 in AAV and guaranteed money.