• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Simba

Staff Member
i think the thing about the watson deal was that no one saw that coming

but now it's there, idk that there arent multiple teams that would do it for someone like Lamar

just think with watson, no one else imagined it
And that's fair. Just struggling to see what team would actually do it. Jets, Panthers, Falcons were all suitors for Watson in some regard and none of them were willing to do it, and those are largely the same teams you'd expect to be in the Lamar sweepstakes if it got that point.

Feel like the only one I'd look at that would probably fall victim to it is Mark Davis in LV but I'm not even sure if they're cash rich enough to do something like that yet.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
And that's fair. Just struggling to see what team would actually do it. Jets, Panthers, Falcons were all suitors for Watson in some regard and none of them were willing to do it, and those are largely the same teams you'd expect to be in the Lamar sweepstakes if it got that point.

Feel like the only one I'd look at that would probably fall victim to it is Mark Davis in LV but I'm not even sure if they're cash rich enough to do something like that yet.

The Browns got desperate after word got out they were looking into Watson which prompted Baker to want out. That's when they offered him something he could not say no to in the form of that contract. Watson had no intention of going to Cleveland

Simba

Staff Member
The Browns got desperate after word got out they were looking into Watson which prompted Baker to want out. That's when they offered him something he could not say no to in the form of that contract. Watson had no intention of going to Cleveland
Oh yeah exactly. And that's why the other teams in the race got their opportunity to match and declined. Watson didn't want Cleveland, but he couldn't say no to the ridiculous contract once it came in and knew it was the only one like that he was getting. It was almost a done deal to Atlanta before Cleveland went insane.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh yeah exactly. And that's why the other teams in the race got their opportunity to match and declined. Watson didn't want Cleveland, but he couldn't say no to the ridiculous contract once it came in and knew it was the only one like that he was getting. It was almost a done deal to Atlanta before Cleveland went insane.

and for the record I hated the dude but I will almost always be on the side of the player when it comes to contracts.

I've never had any sympathy for the NFL and it's owners and they way they designed the league with the cap when it comes to paying players. Good for Watson even though its fuck Watson lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDCs phone must be blowing up with trade prospects with all the speculation. Still think Lamar stays unless he’s really set on some crazy number. The Ravens don’t let people walk they really like

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDCs phone must be blowing up with trade prospects with all the speculation. Still think Lamar stays unless he’s really set on some crazy number. The Ravens don’t let people walk they really like

Hell I thought they really liked CJ Mosley. You sure? lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol they are reasonable though. They do a really good job understanding a players true value and not putting themselves in a position that compromises their competitive ability. Can’t blame them for not matching $85 million for Mosley in 2019.
Ravens Twitter thinks the Ravens FO is being cheap or just needs to “suck it up”, but they wouldn’t be cheap with a guy like Lamar. Same with Roquan. At this point, it’s on Lamar , has to find common ground with the FO.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Lol they are reasonable though. They do a really good job understanding a players true value and not putting themselves in a position that compromises their competitive ability. Can’t blame them for not matching $85 million for Mosley in 2019.
Ravens Twitter thinks the Ravens FO is being cheap or just needs to “suck it up”, but they wouldn’t be cheap with a guy like Lamar. Same with Roquan. At this point, it’s on Lamar , has to find common ground with the FO.
Right player, right price.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Not sure if anyone listened to RG3 on Rich Eisen the other day, but he said the reason Lamar didn't travel with the team wasn't due to his injury. He was sick. He would have liked to be with the team.
Someone get my boy a better immune system my god

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, the presser gave me hope that they will get a deal done with Lamar. Make it happen fellas (Lamar & EDC). What shocked me was that they said that they will involve Lamar in the search for an O.C. I've said this a few times and it bears reiterating, Lamar ran a "pro-style" offense in Louisville under Petrino. He shined and thrived in that system. He ran and threw that rock and achieved a Heisman as a result of it. Hell! Louisville retired his #8 jersey. We've often wondered; "Why does Roman spread out the receivers for Huntley but not for Lamar?" Roman's system, while great for the running game limited Lamar in many ways. Now that he is out; let's get Lamar the offense that he is used to running to take advantage of his talent. He agrees:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well, the presser gave me hope that they will get a deal done with Lamar. Make it happen fellas (Lamar & EDC). What shocked me was that they said that they will involve Lamar in the search for an O.C. I've said this a few times and it bears reiterating, Lamar ran a "pro-style" offense in Louisville under Petrino. He shined and thrived in that system. He ran and threw that rock and achieved a Heisman as a result of it. Hell! Louisville retired his #8 jersey. We've often wondered; "Why does Roman spread out the receivers for Huntley but not for Lamar?" Roman's system, while great for the running game limited Lamar in many ways. Now that he is out; let's get Lamar the offense that he is used to running to take advantage of his talent. He agrees:

Wait, people dnt know this?