• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah a guy that had 20+ sexual assault cases against him had multiple suitors and one that gave him fully guaranteed. Injuries aren’t stopping a team from giving Lamar big money.
OK, but I’m not sure how being a pervert affects your ability to make it on the field to play football. And there’s only so many Cleveland Browns franchises out there. lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
That foul fucker Fowler, with his phantom executives is the classic dirt bag that creates dirt, says it is from an anonymous front office source, and profits from it.

I’m not trying to go there but…

ESPN = CNN

They do too much narrative-driving. Plus they lowkey racist. I still remember that draft year where every black 1st rounder had a sad, tough upbringing that ESPN couldn’t wait to promote. Was a wild ass thing to do lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

this, more than anything, is why we cant let lamar leave

maybe you get to the playoffs with a rookie, but unless they're a joe burrow-esque prospect, or they've got tools like Allen/Herbert, they've not got a shot at messing with these other QBs in the AFC

no way you get through this gauntlet without a number 1 overall worthy QB:
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Lamar (if he's not a raven)

and then Lawrence and Herbert are gonna be relevant every year now too

i just dont think bryce young or cj stroud are those kinds of prospects
Caleb Williams in 2024 might become that kind of prospect but im not there on him yet

so unless you're happy to be on the outside looking in for at least 2 years (and probably more), then we have to do everything in our power to keep lamar here

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

maybe you get to the playoffs with a rookie, but unless they're a joe burrow-esque prospect, or they've got tools like Allen/Herbert, they've not got a shot at messing with these other QBs in the AFC

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow

Caleb Williams in 2024 might become that kind of prospect but im not there on him yet

so unless you're happy to be on the outside looking in for at least 2 years (and probably more), then we have to do everything in our power to keep lamar here

100% agree. We have our guy now lets pay the gauntlet to keep him around.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow

Either way Lamar here or not, I don’t think one could 100% make that assumption and I guarantee the team wouldn’t look at it that way. But in reality we’ve been outside looking in since 2015.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow

Exactly.

We better pay up for Lamar cause we aren't going to compete with Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Lawrence with Tyler Huntley, Derek Carr or Rookie QB#4.

Our ceiling will be 2nd in the North, hoping for a wildcard, before being dumped put by one of those QBs, for maybe a decade.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly.

We better pay up for Lamar cause we aren't going to compete with Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Lawrence with Tyler Huntley, Derek Carr or Rookie QB#4.

Our ceiling will be 2nd in the North, hoping for a wildcard, before being dumped put by one of those QBs, for maybe a decade.

we're one of the lucky few with an elite QB
can't afford to let him go

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
we're one of the lucky few with an elite QB
can't afford to let him go
I don't think the Ravens are going to, in all candidness. There's a lot of smoke outside the building generated by imbeciles like Fowler of the 'unnamed executives fame'. He is an all-American turd that deserves to be flushed down the public toilet at ESPN headquarters.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
See that's the thing. Fully guaranteed or not, I'm not sure is the problem for Lamar. I think Lamar knew good and well that he deserved a bigger contract than Watson. Watson has been a bad guy who hadn't played in years and when came back stunk up the joint.

I understand one teams mistake doesn't mean now everyone has to make mistakes, but I think Lamar thinks it's crazy he was offered less than Watson.

I do not know if this is reconcilable. The Ravens think they have a very large offer in place (they do, second largest ever) and Lamar says that's cute but I'm way better than the guy at number 1.
I dont care about the Brown terrible deal. How much fully guaranteed money did Mahomes,Allen and the rest of the elite QB's get ?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's Mahomes's deal who is a better QB than Lamar:

Patrick Mahomes signed a 10 year, $450,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $141,481,905 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $45,000,000.

31% guaranteed