• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is where I'm at. Could very well be wrong at the end of the day, but I just don't see a team blowing every other team's offer out of the water. Think a lot of people underestimate owner collusion in this instance. Don't doubt there's a team out there that would be willing to pay more than the Ravens, but just don't see it being an egregious amount.
And I'm not even saying he can't get more gtd $ than Watson. He's just not getting a 5 year fully gtd contract. I don't think there's a team in the league that will go there.

If he wants $250M gtd, I think he'll get it from somebody not named the Ravens. I just think it'll require like a 7-8 year deal to make it happen. And I'm also not convinced a lot of teams want to give Lamar a 7-8 deal.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
No such thing as unreasonable expectations when youre the position that lamar is in..not saying he should ask for a billion dollars but, whatever he is asking for, no one can tell him its unreasonable..fk an agent
Yes there is something as unreasonable. Are you a ravens fan or Lamar fan?

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Depends on what he's asking for. If he's asking for the Watson contract, I'm confident no other team will give him that. Seen nothing close to evidence so far that makes me think the Watson deal is the new norm for franchise NFL QBs.

If Lamar is asking for something more realistic, and the Ravens won't pay, sure, I agree, another team will. But its unlikely it'll be up to Lamar who that team will be.
A.T.L.A.N.T.A

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is where I'm at. Could very well be wrong at the end of the day, but I just don't see a team blowing every other team's offer out of the water. Think a lot of people underestimate owner collusion in this instance. Don't doubt there's a team out there that would be willing to pay more than the Ravens, but just don't see it being an egregious amount.
Yeah, they'd pay Watson, though...

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
And I'm not even saying he can't get more gtd $ than Watson. He's just not getting a 5 year fully gtd contract. I don't think there's a team in the league that will go there.

If he wants $250M gtd, I think he'll get it from somebody not named the Ravens. I just think it'll require like a 7-8 year deal to make it happen. And I'm also not convinced a lot of teams want to give Lamar a 7-8 deal.
Well I wouldn't. Plenty of teams are dumb. Just admit it. You're smarter than some GMs, but you don't control these teams. There are guys who will do crazy things...

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah, they'd pay Watson, though...
It was reported not long after that most owners in the league were taken aback by that move and would not have done anything close to that. Understand all it takes is one more to make it a trend, but still think so many underestimate owner collusion. More moves like that push the NFL to a whole new realm and the owners are the ones on the hook for that.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was reported not long after that most owners in the league were taken aback by that move and would not have done anything close to that. Understand all it takes is one more to make it a trend, but still think so many underestimate owner collusion. More moves like that push the NFL to a whole new realm and the owners are the ones on the hook for that.
Yep, unfortunately, there are stupid desperate teams like Cleveland out there, and Baltimore isn't one of them, so If Lamar wants a crazy deal, he isn't staying here. I really want him back, but if he won't back down, he's gone.

Simba

Staff Member
Yep, unfortunately, there are stupid desperate teams like Cleveland out there, and Baltimore isn't one of them, so If Lamar wants a crazy deal, he isn't staying here. I really want him back, but if he won't back down, he's gone.
I just struggle to see it, but once again I'll admit that I very well could be wrong. Because once QBs start getting fully guaranteed deals, then so do WRs and pass rushers and so on and so forth. Just not tenable in a hard capped spot like football and owners are smart enough to realize that. That profit margin shrinks a ton with moves like Watsons and I do not think owners are in a rush to make that the norm.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just struggle to see it, but once again I'll admit that I very well could be wrong. Because once QBs start getting fully guaranteed deals, then so do WRs and pass rushers and so on and so forth. Just not tenable in a hard capped spot like football and owners are smart enough to realize that. That profit margin shrinks a ton with moves like Watsons and I do not think owners are in a rush to make that the norm.
Lets say that 29 of the owners see that. the 3 remaining is the unfortunate difference. I'm not saying that it will happen, just that it could.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sizzle stop coming on here and causing people of not being Ravens fans
I'm not sizzle. I actually tried to make a burner and nearly got banned. Making burners just doesn't happen when you announce them in a group chat to mania.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I wouldn't. Plenty of teams are dumb. Just admit it. You're smarter than some GMs, but you don't control these teams. There are guys who will do crazy things...
The kind of deal we're talking about gets negotiated by the GM, but the Owner signs off on it. Guaranteed Steve is giving blessing to a $200M+ contract. Same with any other Owner.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes there is something as unreasonable. Are you a ravens fan or Lamar fan?
A7B08C2F-EB20-4B3C-BFDE-7CBBBFFC90E2.gif

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

And this, ladies and gents, is how you know that this is not a burner account of mine... let's not make RMC's overinflated ego even more inflated, please