• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
many of us disagree that Joe would be 3-1 within those stretches, but you are allowed to have your opinion and it's useless continuing this discussion as it's gone round and round.

We had a three game winning streak earlier in the year. Nothing is guaranteed but I don’t see how Oakland Atlanta and Cincy are games anyone would count on Joe leading us to lose.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Remind me when lmao. He would've either taken the sack or threw a dump off to the RB for a yard.

Many times in the Super Bowl. He had a wizard play against the Giants in 2012 to Pitta. Texans games in 2009-2011 I remember Joe making tons of plays extending with his legs, more recently he hasn’t because he’s been far less mobile since his knee injury.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We had a three game winning streak earlier in the year. Nothing is guaranteed but I don’t see how Oakland Atlanta and Cincy are games anyone would count on Joe leading us to lose.
why, Big Ben lost to Oakland. I'm saying this injest, so no need to respond. We obviously have a better defense

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't think he'd have any trouble beating Oakland and I think we would have still beaten Atlanta, but Joe has notoriously struggled against Cincy for his entire career. I think we'd be looking at a 2-2 stretch if Joe was still the QB during that time.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
many of us disagree that Joe would be 3-1 within those stretches, but you are allowed to have your opinion and it's useless continuing this discussion as it's gone round and round.

It goes round and round because there are obviously two factions: one for Lamar and one for Joe.

For me; I've seen enough of Joe....11 seasons worth. I've been ready for a change like this for some time now so for me; having Lamar at the helm (rookie mistakes and all) is just what the dr. ordered. But that's me!

flynismo

Practice Squad
It goes round and round because there are obviously two factions: one for Lamar and one for Joe

I'll always be Joe's #1 groupie, but Lamar is one of us too and I want to see him kick ass. Even just from a logistical point of view, it makes sense to move on. He's in his mid 30s now, has been injury prone the last few years, and has a big contract with his replacement waiting for his chance.

But we better not do some bullshit where we start Flacco after Lamar's first bad game. If you're making him our starter, then commit and make him our starter. None of this "playing the hot hand" garbage.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I didn't say anything about the wonderlic. I said that he seems like he's pretty dumb. The wonderlic does nothing to refute that, btw.
You are confusing the fact that he isn't the most eloquent guy out there with intelligence. Nothing he says sounds dumb. Quite opposite, I'd say.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You are confusing the fact that he isn't the most eloquent guy out there with intelligence. Nothing he says sounds dumb. Quite opposite, I'd say.
Not being articulate != lack of intelligence.

I've met many people who tried to enhance their vocabulary and try sound more intelligent, but they're morons.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm okay with him not being well spoken, or not being book smart. Neither of them have anything to do with intelligence, or has any effect on his ability to do his job.

I'm just saying he doesn't seem very bright in general. Does that translate to the football field? As a QB, it could. Or maybe it won't. Time will tell. As I said, it is a concern that I do have about him, and I hope that he will ease those concerns as he plays more.
The heavy load of playbook he took on at Louisville and his ability to progress as quickly as he has as a rookie would say he’s got football smarts. In week 1 lamar would’ve had no business starting and no amount of playbook catering would’ve been sufficient. Add the fact that in practice he’s mostly functioning in packages and as a backup and hasn’t had nearly the exposure that joe has had to the playbook, especially considering our playbook in training camp was pass heavy and fully tailored for joe.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll always be Joe's #1 groupie, but Lamar is one of us too and I want to see him kick ass. Even just from a logistical point of view, it makes sense to move on. He's in his mid 30s now, has been injury prone the last few years, and has a big contract with his replacement waiting for his chance.

But we better not do some bullshit where we start Flacco after Lamar's first bad game. If you're making him our starter, then commit and make him our starter. None of this "playing the hot hand" garbage.

Yes, you will be! I definitely agree with you on that. Lol!

I appreciate everything that Joe has done and accomplished in his career as a Raven. And as you mentioned, he has a nice size contract but to be honest, a lot of that stuff he did happened years ago and he can't rest on those laurels. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Lamar is the future and the future is now! Again, I've seen enough of Flacco for 11 seasons. I already know what he is. The team has a freshness to it now with Lamar at the helm and this is the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed watching the Ravens offense.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
It goes round and round because there are obviously two factions: one for Lamar and one for Joe.

For me; I've seen enough of Joe....11 seasons worth. I've been ready for a change like this for some time now so for me; having Lamar at the helm (rookie mistakes and all) is just what the dr. ordered. But that's me!

Mili plenty of us are fine with Lamar but aren’t on board with trashing Joe. You don’t have to be one or the other.

Fly I agree, I’ve said I think Lamar was drafted mainly because of Joe’s age and recent injury history. It’s time to move on, but we don’t have to trash Joe on his way out. Many here arent, but a select few are. And we better hope lamar gets better coaching than Joe did.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m really impressed with Lamar - his play is one thing. But what really impresses me is how he carries himself and his attitude.

At this point I understand the decision to stick with Lamar. Joe’s been out and even if he can play, no guarantee he’ll be up to speed and be 100%. It’s good to have him as a backup at least now.

But... I still wonder if he’s going to sit the whole game or not. Especially come playoff time and two minute drills , or if we fall behind badly.

I'm cool with that as well.