• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
After seeing the Odell clip and the pq talk, I really agree with those guys. I think a major part of us losing this game was Lamar wanting to do it as a passer and not as a runner. Someone was bringing up the point that we audibled a ton this game, I wonder if it was out of runs. There were so many times I saw Lamar escaping and thought “run it!” Which ended in incomplete passes

To be fair, I feel I watch him do that often where I say run it then he completes a great pass. This time he didn’t complete the passes so we had 3-10 every drive instead of a 3rd and 4 or such, which then takes away his threat of running realistically. He really put himself in a hole by trying to be a great passer onky this game, which I totally understand considering how the media talks about him. I feel really bad for the guy because now it’ll forever be in his head for sure, if our guy could just relax and play like himself we are re preparing for San Fran rn
If these ideas are true, that would really worry me. If there was a game plan - in any game, btw, not just the AFC Championship, that he changed at the line merely because he wants to be seen as a true passer, that is a worrisome trait as a leader. In fact, that's not a leader at all, that's a glory hound. I want to believe that is not the case and want to assess blame for this loss squarely on the shoulders of the HC. At some point as the leader - and supposedly being the person who knows best the adjustments to get back on track - JH needed to rally the coaches and troops and tell them to get their heads out of their asses and start doing what they do best.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He’d probably have gotten at least 1 or 2 more wins in the wild card round
This is one thing that bothers me about the discourse around Lamar's playoff record.

1. He shouldn't have even been there in 2018. That Ravens team was floundering and he breathed life into that team. Had Flacco never gotten injured, I doubt Lamar starts and it's just another year where the Ravens miss the playoffs.

2. In 2019, I think they could have beaten the Bills again and I certainly think they could have beaten the Patriots again. Of course, I say that, but they did lose to the Titans, so who knows.

3. I do think they could have beaten any non-KC team in the wildcard. Hell, I think they should have beaten KC and if that matchup is replayed 100 times, I think the Ravens win a majority.

It's frustrating that the narrative is around Lamar's 2-4 playoff record when he had the number one seed and bye week twice. If he played in the wildcard twice, I think his record is 4-4. I truly believe that and I think a .500 record is viewed much differently in these dicussions in the media surrounding Lamar.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is one thing that bothers me about the discourse around Lamar's playoff record.

1. He shouldn't have even been there in 2018. That Ravens team was floundering and he breathed life into that team. Had Flacco never gotten injured, I doubt Lamar starts and it's just another year where the Ravens miss the playoffs.

2. In 2019, I think they could have beaten the Bills again and I certainly think they could have beaten the Patriots again. Of course, I say that, but they did lose to the Titans, so who knows.

3. I do think they could have beaten any non-KC team in the wildcard. Hell, I think they should have beaten KC and if that matchup is replayed 100 times, I think the Ravens win a majority.

It's frustrating that the narrative is around Lamar's 2-4 playoff record when he had the number one seed and bye week twice. If he played in the wildcard twice, I think his record is 4-4. I truly believe that and I think a .500 record is viewed much differently in these dicussions in the media surrounding Lamar.
yep, the media always needs something to talk about and blows everything out of proportion.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Something changed in media and general discourse conveniently after we go from Flacco to Lamar. Because it was always muh Trent Dilfer Dan Marino anytime you brought up Flacco being clutch. Lamar is legit the greatest player I’ve ever seen live on a football field, this man has to win a super bowl. I’ve seen Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and Allen in person Lamar is easily the most impressive to me. The catch he made to himself this game I didn’t even know was him until after the play.

If Flowers doesn’t fumble man… If the defense doesn’t have that awful start…

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the shit, garbage like this. There’s too many people that don’t even consider him good. We had a chance to end all this bullshit and we failed.

And I know this guy is an uniformed dipshit nobody that’s not the point, the point is we had a chance to end it for all who say a QB like Lamar could never win a super bowl.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need some better luck too in these playoff games, Purdy throws a INT it turns into a TD and numerous other dropped INTs. Burrow under throws a deep ball into double coverage and Chase bails him out. Mahomes throws a duck and Kelce makes a diving catch. I won’t criticize Josh Allen because he has balled out in the playoffs

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need some better luck too in these playoff games, Purdy throws a INT it turns into a TD and numerous other dropped INTs. Burrow under throws a deep ball into double coverage and Chase bails him out. Mahomes throws a duck and Kelce makes a diving catch. I won’t criticize Josh Allen because he has balled out in the playoffs
He is just damn unlucky. Poor josh, i hope he gets a ring. Not while we're contending, mind you

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not her but I'm sure she's enjoying it. I don't care. Lamar just needs to play better in the playoffs so he gets less flack.
This..... I've just been pretty much ignoring any info about football other than our team and coaching developments, I'm sure I feel better because of it. lol

And as you said Lamar just needs to play better to silence the noise. Many here seem to want to want to blame coaching, game plan, refs, etc., etc. and completely ignore the fact that for whatever reason Lamar didn't play well in the most important game in his 6 year career. He looked nervous and tight from the first snap. If he had played as well as we know he can I have no doubts we would have won. I'm sure he'll learn from the experience and when we get back to the tournament next year he'll perform much better.

It's not her but I'm sure she's enjoying it. I don't care. Lamar just needs to play better in the playoffs so he gets less flack.
The only way to silence the critics is to win the big games. Until we get to the SB and win it, it will always be on his shoulders. It’s not fair sometimes, but it’s just the way it is in the NFL. If you sign a 250 mil contract your shoulders better be pretty wide.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
The only way to silence the critics is to win the big games. Until we get to the SB and win it, it will always be on his shoulders. It’s not fair sometimes, but it’s just the way it is in the NFL. If you sign a 250 mil contract your shoulders better be pretty wide.
Only qb that’s actually sb or bust it’s not fair but it is what it is , get better

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don't think that's true. If he had played well against the Chiefs but the D folded and they just outscored us there wouldn't be the same criticisms.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think that's true. If he had played well against the Chiefs but the D folded and they just outscored us there wouldn't be the same criticisms.
Probably but at the same time Peyton Manning lost a playoff game where his team never punted and still had a ton of criticism.

Well sure but it’s a QB driven league. He’s supposed to be the leader, the field general. In the history of the game no position has ever been scrutinized more then the QB position. At least since the great Johnny Unitas changed the sport forever.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sorry to do this to everyone but I need to share my outrage. What agenda does fox sports have against Lamar, where such videos made when Burrow threw 4INTs (2 called back) or Allen lost multiple times to Mahomes but padded his stats. The hate this man gets is insane, these ppl just waiting all year until he loses to chime in. Most obnoxious video I’ve seen to date, sorry to share it here. But it emphasizes the narrative we could have murdered this year, we failed

Nick Wright can at least do the this take being respectful of Lamar

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who would have guessed when we drafted him he would turn out to be one of the most explosive QBs to ever play this game.

2X MVP man.

All he needs is a trip to the promised land.