• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
One of my friends had to send me this.

1706657766316.png

LMAO, this is so sickening.....

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
After seeing the Odell clip and the pq talk, I really agree with those guys. I think a major part of us losing this game was Lamar wanting to do it as a passer and not as a runner. Someone was bringing up the point that we audibled a ton this game, I wonder if it was out of runs. There were so many times I saw Lamar escaping and thought “run it!” Which ended in incomplete passes

To be fair, I feel I watch him do that often where I say run it then he completes a great pass. This time he didn’t complete the passes so we had 3-10 every drive instead of a 3rd and 4 or such, which then takes away his threat of running realistically. He really put himself in a hole by trying to be a great passer onky this game, which I totally understand considering how the media talks about him. I feel really bad for the guy because now it’ll forever be in his head for sure, if our guy could just relax and play like himself we are re preparing for San Fran rn

After seeing the Odell clip and the pq talk, I really agree with those guys. I think a major part of us losing this game was Lamar wanting to do it as a passer and not as a runner. Someone was bringing up the point that we audibled a ton this game, I wonder if it was out of runs. There were so many times I saw Lamar escaping and thought “run it!” Which ended in incomplete passes

To be fair, I feel I watch him do that often where I say run it then he completes a great pass. This time he didn’t complete the passes so we had 3-10 every drive instead of a 3rd and 4 or such, which then takes away his threat of running realistically. He really put himself in a hole by trying to be a great passer onky this game, which I totally understand considering how the media talks about him. I feel really bad for the guy because now it’ll forever be in his head for sure, if our guy could just relax and play like himself we are re preparing for San Fran rn
I think you’re spot on here. He obviously feels the outside influence for him to be a great passing QB. Especially after signing the big contract. And honestly he’s been pretty good this year in the passing game. But in big games he needs to use every tool he has to get the W. It’s what really separates him from the others. It would have been nice to see more of him in the running game. It could have made a difference.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I think you’re spot on here. He obviously feels the outside influence for him to be a great passing QB. Especially after signing the big contract. And honestly he’s been pretty good this year in the passing game. But in big games he needs to use every tool he has to get the W. It’s what really separates him from the others. It would have been nice to see more of him in the running game. It could have made a difference.
My grandpa is a die hard Steelers fan but he use to get so frustrated with how we would try and force him in one mold wether it be passer or runner because he ends up hesitating and throwing a duck for a ball when he should have just ran it. I get why Lamar gets in his head it’s hard esp when you feel you need the big play. Devistated we never saw the veer in the playoffs

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just ventured outside and now that Lamar is getting endlessly shit on it’s brought back all the times WRs let Flacco down in the playoffs with drops. Flowers let Lamar down, he was going to lead them back. God damn both Chiefs and 49ers don’t give Lamar any respect, this super bowl sucks

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just ventured outside and now that Lamar is getting endlessly shit on it’s brought back all the times WRs let Flacco down in the playoffs with drops. Flowers let Lamar down, he was going to lead them back. God damn both Chiefs and 49ers don’t give Lamar any respect, this super bowl sucks
2011 just like

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
To @rmcjacket23 ‘s point about playoff experience, it’s really settling in just how frustrating Lamar’s two injury years have been now, we got robbed of potential runs and at least acquiring more and more playoff experience. He’d probably have gotten at least 1 or 2 more wins in the wild card round, and who knows really, playoffs are all that matters and it’s frustrating knowing we lose two opportunities of young Jackson and a healthy Dobbins (lol) in the tournament

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow the hate Lamar gets for losing in the playoffs is unreal, he’s back to not being top 10 and a running back again, and undeserving of MVP. He’s going to get more hate and mockery when they give him the award this weekend. I’m being punished by the football gods for mocking Manning back in middle school. So this is what this feels like, it sucks

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Wow the hate Lamar gets for losing in the playoffs is unreal, he’s back to not being top 10 and a running back again, and undeserving of MVP. He’s going to get more hate and mockery when they give him the award this weekend. I’m being punished by the football gods for mocking Manning back in middle school. So this is what this feels like, it sucks
Bro. This is what's gonna happen damn near every time we lost a big game in the regular season or if Lamar shits the bed. The quicker you accept this reality, the better it'll be for your mental health. I already know your Bengals fan friends must giving you a hard time, huh? Lol.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bro. This is what's gonna happen damn near every time we lost a big game in the regular season or if Lamar shits the bed. The quicker you accept this reality, the better it'll be for your mental health. I already know your Bengals fan friends must giving you a hard time, huh? Lol.
Actually they’re not, it’s just the media and social media/Reddit/forum fans. But still, it sucks. I know that’s the reality and I do accept it, doesn’t mean I have to like it. Doesn’t mean I have to like hearing Purdy > Lamar next year