• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Think it was 4 or 5. Right? For me it’s not a good look to your teammates for their leader to lay out unless there’s a good reason.

Worth noting that OTAs started on 5/20. Lamar missed two weeks of OTAs. It isn't four or five weeks.

Lamar missed OTAs the past two seasons, including a season where Lamar signed a new contract and won MVP, but I don't remember this being a story last year or the year before.

Also, from this article:

"With 18 players missing on Thursday — including Lamar Jackson, Kyle Van Noy, Derrick Henry and Kyle Hamilton"

Derrick Henry is brand new to the team. Are we upset he isn't there? Or just upset over Lamar?

Also worth noting from this article:

Phase One​

The beginning of OTAs, this phase includes the first two weeks of the program. Activities are limited to meetings, strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation.

There aren't any on-field drills during this phase, so players won't be making contact with one another or absorbing hits.

Phase Two​

This three-week segment marks the beginning of on-field workouts. Players can participate in individual and group drills, but no live contact nor team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

On-field workouts are conducted at a walk-through pace. So this portion of the offseason, while more rigorous than the first, still isn't the same as being a full go.

Lamar missed phase one, but showed up for at least part of phase two.

Are we really upset he wasn't in meetings or doing strength and conditioning? I read he was at the eighth OTA practice. Are we upset he missed seven very light contact practices?

I may be wrong on some of the dates and phases, but overall point stands.

I just don't see this as a big deal.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Think it was 4 or 5. Right? For me it’s not a good look to your teammates for their leader to lay out unless there’s a good reason.

We get it...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar missing a few workouts is the LEAST of my worries about our team. Pass rush and Oline are my biggest concerns.
Same. Glad Ben Cleveland is there, he’s the guy I think needs the reps and it’s also imperative that he gets them this offseason. He’s right on the cusp of being starting caliber and the job is there for him and we need him to step up.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Same. Glad Ben Cleveland is there, he’s the guy I think needs the reps and it’s also imperative that he gets them this offseason. He’s right on the cusp of being starting caliber and the job is there for him and we need him to step up.
If he does and Ronnie stays healthy, we cooking.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If he does and Ronnie stays healthy, we cooking.
5a250-16642162475568-1920.jpg

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Man its not a big deal lol. Lamar missed time last two seasons and eventually showed up.. dont be looking for a reason to dislike the guy.. bad enough he was speeding his rookie year and didnt apologize for calling someone out on twitter

Tank

Hall of Famer
Man its not a big deal lol. Lamar missed time last two seasons and eventually showed up.. dont be looking for a reason to dislike the guy.. bad enough he was speeding his rookie year and didnt apologize for calling someone out on twitter
The last thing I’m looking for is a reason to dislike LJ personally, I think he’s good people and he’s the QB/leader of my team. But I just can’t wrap my head around doing dumb stuff like “eventually showing up” to optional practices. Makes zero sense to me to not take advantage of any opportunity to get together with the Team and coaches, even if they’re just sitting in a room and talking.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer