• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Joe Burrow isn't at Bengals OTAs today.... hope Chris Simms is willing to drive him to OTAs every day too.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Fans and media probably.. 40+ million a year i would not volunteer to show up for work neither..my boy was on private jets and shit lol. Nothing wrong with taking an extended break to enjoy his time and money
IDK, might be a good idea to focus on your job, bond with your team and show them who the leader is, you know, try to make the TEAM better. Be plenty of time in a few years to take an extended break.

Tank

Hall of Famer
i mean these are also GMs and QBs from completely different CBAs lol

these workouts right now are most important for new signings and rookies (and other young players)

if there were a bunch of new receivers or a new C to work with then maybe it'd matter more, but he's honestly going to get more out of working with zay in florida than he is throwing passes to malik cunningham, dayton wade and sean ryan...
I’m sure coaches want all there, unless they are healing. They’ve cut practice time to a minimum in general, any time they can get everyone together is advantageous.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
personally glad Lamar is there now. As the Qb if you are payed and didn't just win the superbowl I feel ya gotta pull up. I don't think it's a big deal he missed a few especially if he's throwing to zay anyway. Don't mind him missing OTAs the previous year but he's the vet and the leader now (I recall hearing he was more of a leader this year regardless)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
IDK, might be a good idea to focus on your job, bond with your team and show them who the leader is, you know, try to make the TEAM better. Be plenty of time in a few years to take an extended break.
Missing one week of voluntary work not gonna be a difference maker.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
How do ya’ll feel about Lamar only showing up for 1 OTA?

not fussed at all
literally was practicing with Zay in Florida anyway
How I feel about it? Lamar is about to go to prison...........at least...........the way the media is making a huge deal about this, you would think he committed a heinous felony.

In all seriousness, this is my honest reaction to this.

1717542783929.png

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
How I feel about it? Lamar is about to go to prison...........at least...........the way the media is making a huge deal about this, you would think he committed a heinous felony.

In all seriousness, this is my honest reaction to this.

View attachment 6381
Yea as long as the team and players arent upset about it , which they aren't, why tf does the media care. Being well rested is way more important than starting your grind now, especially when fans and media always complain John works the players too hard and causes injuries... lol like how do you think you prevent injuries??? Rest.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Imagine the media coverage if a superstar qb got knicked up at training camp
"Oh wow all this money and they are wearing him out and putting him at risk in June!"

Like Christ

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Fans and media probably.. 40+ million a year i would not volunteer to show up for work neither..my boy was on private jets and shit lol. Nothing wrong with taking an extended break to enjoy his time and money
I can't actually imagine giving up $750,000 to miss voluntary workouts, but I'm also not uber rich.

Still, it's OTAs. These is more about acclimating the young guys than the veterans. I'm not worried.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I can't actually imagine giving up $750,000 to miss voluntary workouts, but I'm also not uber rich.

Still, it's OTAs. These is more about acclimating the young guys than the veterans. I'm not worried.
Is there even anything serious going on first few weeks of practice? Id imagine they are just getting in shape

Tank

Hall of Famer
Missing one week of voluntary work not gonna be a difference maker.
Think it was 4 or 5. Right? For me it’s not a good look to your teammates for their leader to lay out unless there’s a good reason.

Last edited: